Lunch box idea... 510 wire length ?

hey everyone, in the works of a dna lunch box with a hose to the 510... lots of grueling research has already been done...

My question is: Ill have 6ft power + and power - going from the chip to the 510... using 14 gauge copper wire. wire resistance is about .02 ohms.

Will this work? or will it cause problems??

dna200wirediagram.png 

Sounds like my idea for an Express Wagon with dual car batteries, five gallon bucket of liquid and an aquarium pump to supply the atty.

Seriously, I think you are way too light on the wire gauge.  I use 12 gauge INSIDE my mods to minimize resistance and at six feet I'd be looking at eight gauge or heavier.  That's what makes remoting the board from the atty a little impractical.  Heavy enough wire is too physically stiff and heavy, even high quality silicon wire.  Then you have to consider the added weight, and stiffness of something to encapsulate all the wires so you don't end up getting tangled up.  Don't forget the added resistance of the XLR connector as well when figuring out the total for remoting like that.

I'm not saying it can't or won't work, just that accuracy of TC will probably take a major hit.

Isnt it a bit mental because the 510 and fire button needs to be on some kind of handle substantial enough to support the atty, and hold to the cable. Eg, a hammond 1590A is a small box fitting the hand, and will house the lot, 950mah tripple lipo, plug a usb cable to it with power to the usb, from a boxed power supply. Coming off a lunch size box with a heavy cable covered in say braided hose ect will look like somthing an ailien might ram up your backside.. its rather sad someones got the time to do a drawing an all that, unless there sitting on the works toilet..

The handheld case as well as the power box will be encased in 3dprinted boxes... sturdyness wont be a problem. and temp control issues will be abundant but not worried about temp control. more so to use for high wattage vaping...

Ill post pics when its all done... everyone has been telling me this is a bad idea or a pointless one... i hope not lol

Box idea is mainly for vape shops or a table vape for home... possibly some extra features im keeping from everyone till the end... but the wire diagram is true regardless

No it is doable. I think the thing is people have a problem of wrapping their head around by going bigger when something more pocket friendly would do the job too.

About two years ago someone online know I was vaping an ejuice that they were interested in. It was a menthol watermelon I think. And they wanted to know if the watermelon or the menthol was stronger at 50 watts. My highest wattage mod back then was only 20 watts. So I used my variable power supply to power a coil I made for my RDA and ran the voltage and amps until they both multiplied to 50. Which is 50 watts. And I had taken a vape. It worked and vaped fine. But my leads were only 18g, 12 inches, 10v, 5A. And I believe those leads were a bit thin for the job. And you want to push 10 times more amps than I did.

These may be of help to you....

Wire Resistance Calculator......

http://www.cirris.com/learning-center/calculators/133-wire-resistance-calculator-table

Voltage Drop Calculator....  

http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html?material=copper&wiresize=13.17&voltage=12&phase=dc&noofconductor=1&distance=6&distanceunit=feet&amperes=200&x=41&y=12

If I were you I would put the board in the hand set as the battery wires can be thinner, Nick on here (formally DogMods) made a 4 or 5 handset setup using a power supply.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/68242-topic/

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67196-topic/?do=findComment&comment=904899

Thats what i tried to get accross at #3, i can only think that if he wants the mod to have a few junctions coming off it to different satelite attys, to be used one at a time, hes over looking the, board/atty temperature stabalisation, on switchover, one of my girls is on about an eshisha, hubbly bubbly type thing, not sure how one would use a dna200 to power it though, but it may be a root. would be better time spent building moor mods..

• 4 weeks later...
Snapchat-4164310639042398917.jpg 

working out some kinks still, but everything is functional!

Temp control works, but isn't really what the device is meant for.

Entire wire and connector resistance = 0.05 ohms.
- changed the settings accordingly.

-----------------------------------------

This is simply a beta unit to see what kind of hose length I could achieve before stressing the battery, chip or connector too hard.

Plans are to add the following:

- 4 Port USB hub (will require wall input) (can be used to charge internal lipo)
- 2 - 4 hose setups (multiple chips)
- Higher MAH LiPos (5000mah+)
- Better Handheld Box design (smaller and give it some curvature)
- Potential for interchangable lids to the box (build deck lid/onthego lid)

anyone else have some good ideas to put into it??? 

Fair play to ya, youve got building skills, you did what you said and it certainly is different and looks like a good vaping tool.. nothing better than building your own, well done our mate.. (("Just be careful you dont get the cord wrappedvround yer neck lol":,))

uhhhh why??lol.kool for you and whatever floats yer boat my friend...lol.not pickin on ya just couldnt get the question why out of my head.building mods has been a therapy for me for sure.just seems i always put a nick in somewhere and there goes any chance of anyone wanting to buy it..lol.i tried the FDV squoink kit and the bottles are just WAY to stiff for squonking if ya ask me.ima try an get some pics of the FDV squonkbox but i dont have the chipset wired up and solderd yet.great job again on your setup!

Borderline pro.. on your last post you ask ""anyone have any idears to put to it, what im thinking is and simular look as nicks ammo box, there is a certain amount of retro style because of the leads trailing, but you still have the up/down/firing buttons and screen all cramped in like a conventional dna200, you could space them out a bit and use all manner of horn buttons rocker switches, you might even find some kind of a dial would be awsome to wind the power or temp up,, sure your enjoying being connected to your unbilical lol..

Hey thanks for the kind words everyone!

The hose actually is quite flexible and hangs nice without taking either of the boxes off the table. 
- I am thinking about sheathing the cables to keep em together and give it a more natural flexibility. 

For the Ammo box idea: could happen... i have a yellow lighted ps3 that im taking apart to make something special so we will see how that goes...

The best advice I can offer is to move the board into the handheld unit. Measure the voltage drop over the length of the power wire and adjust the wire gauge to be adequate. I did it this way and would honestly not recommend having the 510 wires that long if you're going for output accuracy, but hey, if it works awesome!