My first DNA75 Creations

mc0676

These are the first two box mod i did with the new DNA75.
Box battery: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1572914
Bottom Feeder: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1561386

On thingiverse, in each project, u can read some information about size and what u need to mount.
I think that are easy to print (in vertical, at 150 micron of resolution) and to mount.

I printed all in ABS, 150 micron of resolution.

DSC_9117_00003.jpg DSC_9118_00004.jpg 

Here all the DNA "full family" (on the right DNA200 2x18650 and DNA200 3x18650).

DSC_9114_00001.jpg DSC_9116_00002.jpg 

valld said:

Great Mods! Is it possible to use LiFePo batteries with DNA75? I did some research but couldn't find info if battery with DNA75 is programmable like the DNA200 with e-scribe.

No, the choices are "LiPo" or "LiIon 18650" I think the voltage is just too low from LiFePos.

We can fire just fine from LiFePO batteries (our soft limit right now is 2.75V, our hard limit is 2.50V).

Our charger chip, however, charges batteries up to around 4.20V. 3.60V is the ideal termination. We do have the ability to disable charging, by which technically we could limit it, but even if we did, if the board got into a failsafe mode (failed firmware update etc.),the battery would be charged to 4.20V... Now, a quick Googling finds http://www.powerstream.com/LLLF.htm which claims LiFePO batteries can be safely charged to that level, but I haven't seen that anywhere else.

There was less demand for LiFePO on the 200 than I'd expected so I hadn't really looked into it for the 75. Beyond the charger issue, I'd also wonder if any LiFePO batteries can handle the current demands of the 75.

James said:

We can fire just fine from LiFePO batteries (our soft limit right now is 2.75V, our hard limit is 2.50V).

Our charger chip, however, charges batteries up to around 4.20V. 3.60V is the ideal termination. We do have the ability to disable charging, by which technically we could limit it, but even if we did, if the board got into a failsafe mode (failed firmware update etc.),the battery would be charged to 4.20V... Now, a quick Googling finds http://www.powerstream.com/LLLF.htm which claims LiFePO batteries can be safely charged to that level, but I haven't seen that anywhere else.

There was less demand for LiFePO on the 200 than I'd expected so I hadn't really looked into it for the 75. Beyond the charger issue, I'd also wonder if any LiFePO batteries can handle the current demands of the 75.

that charging chip on the 75 is the same chip on the 1 amp evolv usb charging board you sell separately on the evolv website? i think it is. just curious.

• 1 month later...

So I got my first print of your DNA75 (the rounded, single battery, non-squonk version), very nice design. I'm excited to build this out, but I do have questions. How are the battery contacts attached? I thought that maybe there was a slot that I was missing and that was why you used the contacts you did, but after printing, I see no way of attaching the contacts to the case unless I epoxy them in place. Am I missing something? I wanted to test out the printer I'm using, so I printed PLA, 200 micron, 15% infill, in vertical (except for the faceplate, I didn't think the screen opening would do to well without supports, and the software I was using didn't add any there when it modeled the print so I printed the faceplate laying face down). I may make a second print at 150 micron and a higher infill percentage, so that I can see what difference it will make, and to make it a bicolor mod. Here's my print after I cleaned it up a little bit.

image.jpg