Warranty Service Message

promod2000avenger

What does this mean ?
Hope I'm not asking a stupid question.
Tried FW All versions out.
Tried Setting Defaults in Escribe.
Screen also does the black out thing and tried all suggestions from admins in that area.
I can keep messing with it and changing settings and FW changes and it comes back
alive but always back to square one. Rechecked all solder joints and checked for screen ribbon pinch or damage. Screen freaks out too as seen in pic and even worse. But still no luck.
Very frustrated just wanted a stable device. I love the new chip,
just hate all the problems from day one.
No luck.
What do I do ?
Picture below. IMG_1457.jpg 

John
I thought I would try the newest firmware update 8/7
before sending the chip in for service.
When I did go to update FW escribe wanted to upgrade it self to newest escribe version first.
I am very happy to say I think it worked.
No more warranty service message.
No more black screen.
No more screen freak out's.
No more anything.
It seems to be very stable.
Ohms stable.
Calibration seems right on too.
The only problem I see is in windows xp the live view window flashes from black to normal screen.
But live view works now to in windows xp and it didn't work before.
I have been pounding the sh** out of it and all seems ok for now.
I think I will hold off ripping my mod apart and sending in the chip and see what happens for a while.
Do you think that would be wise ?
Thanks guys you are the greatest.
Keep up the GREAT WORK ON NEW FW.
You made my day :) 
puff puff pass !!!!

promod2000avenger said:

John
I thought I would try the newest firmware update 8/7
before sending the chip in for service.
When I did go to update FW escribe wanted to upgrade it self to newest escribe version first.
I am very happy to say I think it worked.
No more warranty service message.
No more black screen.
No more screen freak out's.
No more anything.
It seems to be very stable.
Ohms stable.
Calibration seems right on too.
The only problem I see is in windows xp the live view window flashes from black to normal screen.
But live view works now to in windows xp and it didn't work before.
I have been pounding the sh** out of it and all seems ok for now.
I think I will hold off ripping my mod apart and sending in the chip and see what happens for a while.
Do you think that would be wise ?
Thanks guys you are the greatest.
Keep up the GREAT WORK ON NEW FW.
You made my day :) 
puff puff pass !!!!

Good deal! 

Wish we had a Like button.......

James said:

Hello promod2000avenger,

What do you mean by XP 'flashes between black and normal screen'? This sounds like a bug we ought to fix. Could you describe the behavior (or post a video)?

Thanks,

James

James what I mean is, In the live view graph window it shows the live data when I vape
but flashes back and forth erratically from black to white in the live view window.
It's not a resolution problem either. I tried all resolutions low and high.
But understand that I am using parallels on a mac with windows xp.
It could very well be the problem it's self.
Walt

John said:

Ah good. Keep an eye on it, but if the newest firmware made it start cooperating, and the mod isn't getting unusually warm, then excellent!

Warranty service really means it is running out of calibration for one reason or another. 

John I wanted you to know that when the message showed up my ohm's where so unstable
using nickel wire that the ohms where going from .15 to .02 and every where in-between. And my build was checked out at .15 on my ohms meter.
I have stopped using nickel wire and have been using kanthal all day chain vaping it and ohms
and every other thing stable. No more message....No more freaky screen freak outs either.
You can see by the picture you can only read half the warranty message that wasn't a picture reflection that was part of the screen freak out I am talking about. But all that is gone now too.
So again James thanks for the new FW.

promod2000avenger said:

[QUOTE=John]Ah good. Keep an eye on it, but if the newest firmware made it start cooperating, and the mod isn't getting unusually warm, then excellent!

Warranty service really means it is running out of calibration for one reason or another. 

John I wanted you to know that when the message showed up my ohm's where so unstable
using nickel wire that the ohms where going from .15 to .02 and every where in-between. And my build was checked out at .15 on my ohms meter.
I have stopped using nickel wire and have been using kanthal all day chain vaping it and ohms
and every other thing stable. No more message....No more freaky screen freak outs either.
You can see by the picture you can only read half the warranty message that wasn't a picture reflection that was part of the screen freak out I am talking about. But all that is gone now too.
So again James thanks for the new FW.[/QUOTE]

I would try nickle wire and see if it's still unstable, but make sure it's not just the atomizer because some aren't very stable with nickle.  If it's still unstable with nickle wire there could be an issue I would think and that's why it was showing such messages. Maybe the firmware fixed all of it for you. This chip really shines with temp control imo.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
vapinjenn said:

My E_Fusion is now doing this...When it is charging it says "warenty service" then it goes away for a bit then when I go to charge it it will say it.  I am using the Lipo on it

welcome vapinjenn. shorted or damaged usb cables will cause the warranty service message to pop up while charging. try a different usb cable and see if that helps.

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2015 at 11:10 AM, John said:

It means it is failing a self-check and is out of calibration, so the wattage settings and temperature settings aren't correct anymore. 

Start an RMA and we'll swap you for a new one. 

hey so how do start an RMA because the same thing is happing to mine with my vapor shark evolv dan 250 is saying warranty service 

Edited by amirdna250