DNA 200 Development Issues?

retird said:

I don't recall it being a general firmware issue with Evolv boards but then again it may be a general firmware issue with the VS, as they use special boards built for them by Evolv... My thought is you should get it replaced by VS....  ASAP....

It was with the first firmware before the 200 was released,  though it was a very slow discharge that only caught mods that spent weeks in a ship circumnavigating the globe.  Some manufactures sent early models out like that, but it was fixed over a year ago.

for some reason my gut is telling me to tell you to return the dead mod. if you received the mod DOA i would expect VS to replace it immediately. this "known firmware bug" sounds really........strange to say the least. FYI see if you can trade it for a 133 flask or if you like the form factor of the VS DNA 200, they just announced the new VS DNA 133.

Unless I missed something the DNA200 and the DNA133 are the same board and use the same firmware but the settings are configured a bit different for the battery and balance charging and wiring of the balance connector is a bit different for 2 cell configuration.  Are they not having firmware issues with the DNA133??   Getting more puzzled..... If it were me and I liked the DNA200 VS, and Vapor Shark is still selling new ones, I would have them give me another new one. If it comes and works great then you are done, but if it still is DOA then you are still in the same position you are now in...  just my thoughts.... again good luck...

Vapor Shark has traditionally been pretty good honoring their warranty I think.  Your VS is/was DOA so why would they not replace it under warranty?  And, it may not be a firmware issue but something else causing the DOA....  They won't know for sure until they look at yours....

retird said:

I know my comments don't meet your concerns but....... at the very least SS wire is probably the most "touchy" wire that folks try to use.  The fact that the DNA75 seems to smooth it out a bit shows me that Evolv is going in the right direction in responding to the ever changing wire landscape.  

Have a great day

Hi
It would be very nice if they at least included the pre installed settings like the Triade dna 200 by Lost vape, and The Efusion mods also from Lost Vape. They have settings pre installed like Ti1, NiFe30, different SS like 316L and 304 and more. Of course the Nickel 200 installed to, so you don`t have to hasle with steamengine for each profile.