Efficiency 85%??

seti5

I wonder if it's a typographic error in the specification sheet or really Evolv has reduced its quality and efficiency of the chip is only 85% .
It is surprising because Evolv indicates an efficiency of 97 % in its DNA200 chip.
In addition, the mod ( HCigar VT75 ) literally eats batteries and have tried VTC4 Sony , Sony VTC5A , LG HG2 and ( in this case is logical) LG HB6

further more heated than any of my other mods

The DNA 200 can be efficient because it only reduces voltage (buck regulation), the 75 also steps up voltage (boost regulation) so a DNA 40 would be a better comparison.  The DNA 40 spec quotes efficiency as 92%, still better than the 75, the much greater power handling capability is likely why the 75 is less efficient. 

They are not in the same league as far as output and vape quality is concerned IMO, we all buy for different reasons, but I'll take vape quality over a few percent efficiency any day.

I didn't find the battery life better on an Evic Mini than a DNA 75, but vape quality was chalk and cheese.  Similarly I just don't rate the YiHi/IPV boards because of the output, the temp mod output is pulsed with no temp limited preheat and they don't even do real time power regulation that Evolv have had on everything they have released.

Yes. I love theories, and is a topic already known that playing in different leagues. Evolv is expected to be above the plebs but this does not seem to prove anything.
Yes. The same battery, the same power, the same ato, lasts much more in my VTC Mini or my IPV D2.
And that would be seen without an oscilloscope front, only by mouth.

My DNA200 if it does what is expected of him.

• Like 1

It's all very simple. They do far, far less than DNA chipsets, so they use less energy. How are they more efficient, if they do less work? You can't measure work in hours, only. You have to consider productivity. And Evolv chips are far more productive than anything made in Asia. If you want quality Asian electronics, you have to buy from Japan. Look at the quality of electronics in Chinese and Korean electric guitars. The potentiometers, wiring, capacitors, resistors (if they even have them) and most importantly, the pickups, are all inferior to Japanese. In fact, the pickups in Chinese made guitars are worthless. They have HUGE ferrite magnets to make up for the fact the their coils are crap copper alloy, with 1/4 of the windings found in American made pickups.
Why are you even thinking of comparing Chinese junk to American products?

seti5 said:

They remain words to the wind to justify a botched chip.
Also apply that Asian contempt for Yihi, SX350x (1x18650) and SX450 chips (2x18650)?

I believe it'sll in what works for you if I want temperature control . being able to see in real time what my coil is doing i personally along with few others go for the DNA chip now if I want slam power can be beat to death and keep on ticking the chip known as a rapture original made by Honeywell for NASA right here in my home town clone by guess who adopted for vapors is one tuff board and my experience all the rest chuck in a bag together shake it dump it out take your pick that's just my opinion

I really see no botched chip......  Evolv seems to provide accurate spec's on efficiency variances between "buck" (97%) and "boost" (85%) technology.  Looking at the spec sheets of some China chips I see that the efficiency ratings of "buck", "boost", and "buck-boost" are identical (93%).... 

I am inclined to question the validity of the China spec sheets, so maybe someone can answer my questions.

My questions are: ..... How is it possible to have identical efficiency no matter what the technology employed with China chips?  Could the 93% efficiency rating be only the average of efficiency over all technologies (buck, boost, and buck-boost)?   

They remain words to the wind to justify a botched chip.
Also apply that Asian contempt for Yihi, SX350x (1x18650) and SX450 chips (2x18650)?

Not a contempt for Asian products. Please look at the high praise I give to JAPANESE electronics. They are very good.
Chinese electronics, however, are inferior, due to a combination of technological deficiencies, as well as their knack for shaving production costs, through the unscrupulous, and undeclared use of inferior materials. Why should I buy Chinese, when you can't trust the manufacturers to deliver what is promised? I wouldn't buy e-juice from a Chinese source, either. Same reason.

This was supposed to were a couple of questions that seem to concern more than one, on the efficiency of DNA75 and why literally eats batteries.
Only that.
I do not know what to do disparaging comparisons , but thereby generalize about a country of 1,400 million people , it is not the same as the notion that Americans are uncultured few who do not know where is Europe ?

• Like 1

[QUOTE=seti5]This was supposed to were a couple of questions that seem to concern more than one, on the efficiency of DNA75 and why literally eats batteries.
Only that.[/QUOTE]
I don't own any DNA75 mods, but I have a lot of DNA200 mods. And I get about 8ml of vape per Samsung 25R. And what I hear by others, they are getting the same 8ml per battery. Why are you getting less? My VT133 (two cell) vapes 16ml worth and my three cell DNA200 mods are vaping about 24ml per charge. Now contrast this with my two RX200 that only vapes 13ml tops per three cells.

[QUOTE=seti5] I do not know what to do disparaging comparisons , but thereby generalize about a country of 1,400 million people , it is not the same as the notion that Americans are uncultured few who do not know where is Europe ?
[/QUOTE]
It is true that there are a larger percentage of Americans like that than most other countries. Although I blame it more on the mainstream media and the educational system. Both of them like to keep Americans in the dark. But there are other sources thank goodness. :D

seti5 said:

My DNA75 is HCigar VT75. 
I need to put the 26650 , the 18650 ( HG2 LG , Sony VTC5A ) not even two deposits 50w With the 26650 hard the same as my SX M with a 18650

Are you vaping in TP mode?  What are your settings (Temp, wattage, preheat, punch, duration) on the 75 and what are your settings on the SX M?

HCigar VT75 - Efest methalic Purple 26650 4200mAh 35A/50A (Mooch says 23A)
load VT75.ecig, last versión EScribe 1.0.56
Coil Matterial: Watts
Power: 50w
no preheat

Billow v3 Plus. Clapton kanthal A1 26/32 ga. Dual coil 5 wrapps. 0.37??
Heisenberg 10% - 25PG/75VG - 0 nico

SX Mini M Class . Sony VTC5A 
Mode POWER 50w
Settings: POWERFUL

Same Atomizer
battery use: Sony VTC5A: 23.000J / LG HG2 - 26500J

Charger: OPUS BT-C3100 v2.2

• Like 1

hum.... so only difference between the two devices while vaping is the battery....  The Efest 26650 being the lesser of the bunch... So if you put the VTC5A in the VT75 what is the results... Mooch rates the VTC5A at 25A and the Efest 26650 at 23A but the Efest also heats up quite a bit more in use...

What is the cell soft cut-off of the SX M and what do you have the cell soft cut-off set to on the VT75?

Thanks.

I do not see significant differences in the shed between the two batteries . The 23A Efest versus 25A Sony are not significant when the mod does not exceed 12A. With an efficiency factor of 85% only involve 14.12A , enough safety margin in both batteries.
Moreover , I have also tried the profile generated by http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp# for Kanthal A1 clapton 26/32 - Inner diameter 2.5 mm - Number of Wraps 5 - Leg length 5mm - Wrap 0.05mm spacing,  and configured EScribe :
Power 50w
Temperature 225° C ( 205° C caused to skip protection )
Ohms locked 0.38 ?
Preheat Power 60w
Preheat Punch 10
Preheat Time limit 2sec

I tried to approach the SX POWERFUL. 
I do not know if the start ramp should be greater

And I see that the shed is softer, but not yet know how it will affect the battery life.
Thank you very much

First, the 35 amp Efest battery discharges 75% faster than the 20 amp Sony battery. So, you can't expect the same results. Even with the 26650's larger capacity, it won't last as long. 

Second, I don't think that a comparison of the quality of Chinese electronics - which are inferior in all respects to their Japanese and American counterparts, is ignorant, or disparaging, in any respect. It is simply a fact. 

I most certainly know where Europe is. And I have seen Chinese owned shops in Venice inundated with counterfeit Murano Glass, "Italian" leather goods, and all were of inferior quality. Much like the counterfeit designer handbags that the Chinese have to offer in NYC. 

There are 2 failures of our education system: one is producing the flag-waving, American First Trump supporters. The other failure is the smug, dogmatic PC a-holes, with their "trigger warnings", and "safe spaces".  I don't know which is worse.

1º.- Absolutamente falso. La Efest 26650 dura el doble que la Sony VTC5A en mi DNA75

2.- Mira que estoy harto de los tópicos racistas sobre la electrónica China. ¿Me lo demuestras con datos contrastados y no con opiniones sesgadas?

3.- Sigue con tu imperialismo trasnochado

4. Yo tampoco

5.- y te vendría muy bien mirar las revisiones de DJLsb Vapes. Te llevarás una sorpresa

How are you fitting an 18650 in a 26650 battery terminal? Rubber bands, wrapped around the center? Also, how are you fitting a 26650 into a mod that is designed to hold 18650's?

You should think of the actual objects that you are discussing, instead of just offering a conceptual, what if scenario, that doesn't translate to nuts and bolts reality.

I had no idea that technological inferiority was genetic. How horrible of me to mention it. Also, I was unaware there were any racial distinctions that can be made between someone who is Japanese, and someone who is Chinese. I was also unaware of race, (if there is such a thing) being genetically traceable. Again, I am a monster.

Good thing you're in Europe. They aren't allowed to use Google Translate in the PRC. They're too oppressive.

seti5,
Efest isn't a reliable brand. I would stick with Sony, Samsung, or LG. Efest aren't safe to use in your mod, really. DNA 75's pull more than 25 amps, which is the real rating for their 40 amp batteries, according to Mooch.

Recently, I asked a question about changing the power settings, and was told that the DNA 200 is 23 max and pulse amps, and the DNA 75 was 28 amps continuous, and 32 max pulse. So, your estimate of 12 amps for your mod is way off.

You are pushing the battery over its true capacity when you vape. I would imagine that the 26650 would vent more gas than an 18650, due to both surface area increase and stored power capacity.

If you aren't getting the vape hours you were expecting from the 26650, it is probably due to the battery loosing power to heat. Not a good thing.  At the very least, it will shorten the useful life of the battery.

I think a screen shot of  Device Monitor showing battery sag while firing at 50 watts would go a long way here at determining the problem here.
I use a SMY75 with LG HD2 18650 that fires at 40 watts/50 watts preheat 1 second and have no complaint regarding battery life.
If there are connection problems between the battery and board or weak battery this can be seen by the sag.