SS 316L coil with DNA200 board Problems

LarryLenz

Hi.  I have an Hcigar VT200 and it works perfectly with NI200 and Kanthal.  But when I use SS 361L (UD makes it) it screws up in Temp control.  For instance, I set it at 400Deg F and it works fine for a while.  Then one time, when I pick it up to take a vape, it ramps up to 700 Deg F and burns the vape.  I can move the atomizer to the Wismec Reuleaux RX200 and it works just fine in temp control.  On the DNA200 I set one of the 8 spots to SS 316L using 0.001 as it will not let me use 0.0092, which I have set on my RX200 and my Evic VTC Mini.  I have tried this in my Uwell crown, TFV4, TFV4 Mini, and the Griffin.  The same thing happens on all these tanks.  I also have an Evic VTC Mini and it works just fine on that mod as well.  All my coils are around 6 to 8 wraps not touching, and I do not preheat them.

Anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong?  This has been an on going problem for ever.  Only with SS316L 26 gauge wire.  Thanks in advance :)   I can post screen shots of when it works and when it fails, if that would help any of you.

LarryLenz said:

Hi.  I have an Hcigar VT200 and it works perfectly with NI200 and Kanthal.  But when I use SS 361L (UD makes it) it screws up in Temp control.  For instance, I set it at 400Deg F and it works fine for a while.  Then one time, when I pick it up to take a vape, it ramps up to 700 Deg F and burns the vape.

I have the same problem with my Wismec DNA200. It works perfectly fine in tc with ni200. When I try UD SS 316L, it works fine for awhile then it goes into some sort of phase where it will be like you describe, the only way to get it back to normal is to pull the batteries and restart it. Then it will repeat this. I also noticed I have an atty with a particular build, that when I try to use it, it will 100% put the device into this phase.

It will also sometimes will read the temperature higher then it really is. Like it will show the temp as 500 degrees but it gives off no vapor.

What I find helps but not solve the problem is to build really high ohm spaced coils, not really sure if this actually really helps, but it seems to.

It sounds a bit like a connection issue, at any rate it would seem the cold ohms have shifted.  I notice you have preheat off that may cause problems if the coil does not heat at least 150 F in the first second the DNA will stop temp limiting maybe this happens and then it starts temp limiting again using a higher cold res, IDK just a possibility.  Have you tried locking the res?

VapingBad said:

It sounds a bit like a connection issue, at any rate it would seem the cold ohms have shifted.  I notice you have preheat off that may cause problems if the coil does not heat at least 150 F in the first second the DNA will stop temp limiting maybe this happens and then it starts temp limiting again using a higher cold res, IDK just a possibility.  Have you tried locking the res?

I turned off preheat cause it was recommended somewhere for SS. I have not tried locking the res but, will do it later. I doubt it is a connection issue cause when it happens it keeps happening all the time with any tank until I remove the batteries and restart the device. Also the cold ohms read the same so if it shifted it is not displaying it.

I will play around with it a bit and report back later with pics and such.

• 4 months later...
Scy123 said:

I turned off preheat cause it was recommended somewhere for SS. I have not tried locking the res but, will do it later. I doubt it is a connection issue cause when it happens it keeps happening all the time with any tank until I remove the batteries and restart the device. Also the cold ohms read the same so if it shifted it is not displaying it.

I will play around with it a bit and report back later with pics and such.

I know this is old, but dod you figure anything out? I'm having the same problems.