EScribe Software

John:

As you suggested:

I went back to 7/14 firmware and again no temp readout in Device Monitor  no positive response from a hard boot but with a single try that is not unusual for this mod.  Sometimes multiple hard boots are required to get the temp trace to show up and even then it's not permanent if the device sits idle for an hour or so.

I then loaded 7/9 firmware and again no temp trace in Device Monitor before or after a single hard boot.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cybermale said:

Kudos for the software... whatever that means. I had a chance to look at this box mod first hand this evening and have some complaints or ideas. Where do I go for that?

You either create a new thread or go HERE and select suggestions.

John said:

Also, try reverting to 7/14 and see if the problem goes away. It could be a bug in 7/16. 

Hi John, I downgraded the firmware as suggested, and can confirm that the problem goes away.

The new firmware looks like ohms lock isn't actually locking the resistance and the board was still trying to refine the resistance, similar problem to my very first DNA40.

John:

I will go back to earlier firmware than 7/16 but when I've run with 7/9 or 7/16 I still get much higher ohms readings and always have the problem that temp is not showing up in Escribe most of the time.  I'm not sure that I'm getting any temp limiting at all.  I'll try a dry coil to be sure on that.  

In the meantime I'm wondering if I have a hardware problem.  It's beginning to look like a hardware problem to me.  Any other suggestions?

John, if there's more specific tests I can do, please let me know I willing to give it a shot.

Devices I tend to use are as follows, in both TC and Kanthal builds

• Kanger Subtank (Used the tank for testing as it seems the most stable)
  • Kayfun V4 (Seems okay with the upgraded spring)
  • SQuape-R (Have difficulties with this one, use Kanthal mostly as a result)
  • Magma / Velocity RDA's (Works fine in TC)

Under device monitor is there any useful information including, debug tab that is useful to us all for testing?

druckle, if when cranking down that hard the resistance jumps up a lot higher than it should, that means it's getting poor contact for whatever reason when cranked down that hard. I'd recommend not cranking down that hard: a 50% error in resistance like that will make a huge difference to the effectiveness and accuracy of temperature control, as that resistance is most likely due to a contact issue and not Nickel, so it introduces significant bias. Perhaps the contact issue is specific to that atomizer? Or do you get it with everything? I don't have this with my test atomizer no matter how hard I turn it.

The high resistance with firm attachment of the atomizer appears to be consistent for 4 different atomizers I've tried.  Two subtank mini's, an origen dripper and a manta dripper.

I'll explore more but I'm having the resistance jump around even in locked mode.  I assume it may be a mechanical contact problem within the devices 510 connector.

druckle said:

The high resistance with firm attachment of the atomizer appears to be consistent for 4 different atomizers I've tried.  Two subtank mini's, an origen dripper and a manta dripper.

I'll explore more but I'm having the resistance jump around even in locked mode.  I assume it may be a mechanical contact problem within the devices 510 connector.

I'm totally just throwing out possibilities based on things I've seen in the past, and I don't know what kind of 510 connection so this may all be worthless, but in case it helps, here's my brainfart session ideas.

It could be that the 510 pin (if it's a spring loaded or floating pin) is getting pushed down far enough that the positive pin (in female 510 connection on mod side) is squishing it into a bind with the insulator, or if it's not a tension thing but a depth thing causing it, it's possible that the positive wire that runs to the 510 center pin (If it's one with a floating 510 like the fat daddy and varitube connectors) being pushed to a certain point puts that connection in a bind or something.

One other idea is that if it's a spring loaded 510, maybe the spring being compressed is just enough to cause those readings when it's tight, I'm thinking my first thought about the pin quishing into the insulator is more likely though.

DNA 200 coming Monday can't wait, DL the software, played around with it and just realized it has the feel of the Describe software I used on my sabertooth 2x32, now I really can't wait for the board to get here cuz now I know this board is going to be reliable and very powerful

Right now I'm using it for my push mower, dual 28a motors, the crazy part it that the motors get really hot but not the controller and it's sealed in a aluminum box with no fan

wineguy said:

When might we see a Mac version of Escibe software for the DNA 200? I love my DNA40 but I left Windows 25 years ago and never going back! But I also don't want to buy a DNA 200 and not be able to use it in the way it was designed.

so.... Are you saying that you want to buy a updated dna40 that you can use with your Mac? That would be cool if there was a dna40/25 that you could use escribe with.

wineguy said:

When might we see a Mac version of Escibe software for the DNA 200? I love my DNA40 but I left Windows 25 years ago and never going back! But I also don't want to buy a DNA 200 and not be able to use it in the way it was designed.

Have you run boot camp or parallels for anything before? There's been a good bit of feedback from people who went that route and used escribe on their mac.

I know you were asking about native mac software, and someone from Evolv might have some information on a general timeline, but I wanted to mention that because this chip is so nice, I really feel like anyone who passes it up will be missing out on a significant player in the vape game.

Now the battery profile, there are set points like the first pic if I change/add the set points but keep the curve like second pic will these set points show up on the chip screen? The parts for my mod are still being shipped so I'm setting up the board as much as I can

image.jpg

image.jpg

Laguz75, yes, but your best bet is to set the mod or board up with a power resistor for the output and just run battery analyzer. It will make a perfect curve and give you the measured capacity. We like 50 watts here as the firing power. 

• 1 year later...

[quote=John]Linux on the desktop is not even an asterisk's worth of marketshare. Will we do a Mac version? Yes. Will we do it by a programmer employed by Evolv, in house? Yes. 

If you feel that smok makes a better product or has a better direction, feel free to go buy their configurable 200w product. If you feel smugly assured that there will be a clone product eventually, I agree there probably will. Feel free to buy that. Let me know how that goes. Or don't let me know. 

We aren't doing a Linux port and we aren't interested in volunteers programming.[/quote]Sad to hear your decision on Linux, hopefully it will change in the future.

With Linux gotten extremely versatile and improved in recent years (currently using Fedora 24 as my main work OS), I'll definitely make a chicken and an egg argument here. For Linux' market share to increase, native support for software and OEM driver support is the way forward.

With big companies like Valve noticing this (they even created their own distribution of Ubuntu) hopefully people will finally start paying attention the OS soon.