EScribe Software

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John:

I'm using titanium grade 1 wire with Steam Engine l.csv on profile 2.
This is an example of the missing temp data during a fire.

If I set up on Profile 1 (Ni 200) with the max temp set at 300 as an example) I also get the same lack of temp data being displayed.  

I also seem to be getting erratic resistance readings quite often.

screenshot_no_temp.jpg

MrsLeBerte said:

I just received an Opus DNA 200 yesterday from Rip Trippers and am still trying to figure it all out. Can anyone tell me where to go to download the escribe software? I'm still very new to all this, as this is my very first dna mod. Thanks, Steph :)

It's in this forum, same section as this Software and FirmwareEScribe Software Download and Tutorial

John:

I posted a screen shot earlier showing the temp not showing up in escribe during a puff.  
After multiple hard boots I managed to get the temp to show up normally and then left the device to sit on the desk for over an hour with no activity.

Now I get the following behavior....temp shows up but definitely NOT normal.  I'd appreciate your help/recommendations.

screenshot_temp_2.jpg 

Hmm, strange you mention about having to hard reboot the device druckle,

for the last several days I've had a similar problem, it vapes fine after a coil rebuild, leave it for an hour when I go back it vapes weak and doesn't reach the previous temperature like before. I hard reboot then device then it vapes fine again, and that's with the ohm lock on as well. doing a soft reboot seems not to have any effect, but doing a hard reboot does.

NI200 Annealed 26awg - Spaced 8 wraps 0.1ohms

Dwaindablane, what firmware are you using? 7/14 or 7/16?

Druckle, does the reference resistance change (even with ohm lock on)?

If it doesn't think it gets above 150F in the first portion of the fire, it will assume it is a kanthal coil and switch out of temperature control. 

John:  

Yes, the reference resistance does change with ohm lock on.  I first tired to lock ohms to see if that was related to the problem.  I'll go check that again just to confirm.

I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the coil or 510 since the same tank gives stable resistance on other devices and I've checked it multiple times on an ohm meter two dna 40's and two SX M's and found no resistance floating.  I'll get back to you asap after checking ohm lock again.

John:

I locked the ohms then put on a different atty that mesures 0.3 ohms on a dna 40 and on my ohm meter.  The DNA 200 asked if it was a new coil and I said yes (of course).
The DNA 200 shows the resistance at 0.445 ohms.

Unlocked the resistance and put on a tank that measures 0.2 ohms on the ohm meter.  The DNA 200 shows resistance of 0.390 ohms.  

None of these attys are showing a temp curve in Device Monitor.

John:  It's stable unless within the normal range that I tighten the attys but if you crank it down really hard the apparent resistance rises from the .37 range to .47-.5.

I checked the Device Monitor at several points and there was never an indication of a temperature curve during a puff.

John:

The resistance reading is stable in the tightness range where I normally tighten an atty but if I crank it down really hard the resistance rises from ~0.37 ohms to the 0.47-.05 ohm range.  The atty is a   Kanger Subtank Mini that is stable on other devices and the ohm meter where it reads o.3 ohms.  This is a Evolv Beta box sent by Brandon and the center pin moves when depressed by a bamboo skewer.  l also cleaned both the atty 510 and the beta box 510 with alcohol and dried it prior to doing the Atomizer Analyzer eval.

I checked in Device monitor at several points as I tightened and loosened the atomizer and there was never a temperature trace being shown.  I did not try hard rebooting which is almost always required to get the Device Monitor to show the temperature trace.