how to change the charge settings on escribe

FOUND IT!!!!! Alright. In escribe whenever yu get your device connected, go to device manager. there in the bottom right hand corner yu will see a list of boxes and one of them will say diagnostics. click that and then from there you can set the max charging limit and the max current limit. in the charging limit it asks for wattage hours. so put 14. that will change 900mah from typical mods to the vt200s 1400mah battery so when it charges, it charges fully.

Keep in mind that all battery manufacturers tend to rate their batteries at very low powers (representative for consumer electronics), not the high powers used in e-cigarettes. Battery Analyzer defaults to testing at 40W, and as a result its real-world measured battery capacity will tend to be below the rated value. For instance, our FullyMax battery tested around 9 Wh real world, though its rating is 10 Wh (this is where the default 9 comes from, if your manufacturer did not enter in a battery capacity). This is true for all batteries - 18650, LiPo, LiFePO4, whatever.

For instance, I found this on Google Image Search: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Tweek_CPF/18650_2400mAh.jpg
On that image, if you really wanted to vape at C/3 (3W), you might get that 18650 manufacturer's rated capacity.

Also, Battery Analyzer considers the battery totally empty for meter purposes at the point when the battery can no longer sustain a 5W vape. There may be a few more puffs left in there, honestly, and the DNA will let you vape it (showing Weak Battery most likely), but them'll be weak puffs.

• 2 weeks later...
scoopy said:

James if we vape at say 100 watts would it be better to run the battery analyser at 100 watts to......what I'm trying to say really ....is would u get a more accurate battery rating and curve

you say 100W but in TC it's only for a second and then the mod reduces power to maintain your temp setting.

Mine is set at 100 but drops to 45-50 to maintain temp, so I ran the BA@50W

bigcountry817 said:

FOUND IT!!!!! Alright. In escribe whenever yu get your device connected, go to device manager. there in the bottom right hand corner yu will see a list of boxes and one of them will say diagnostics. click that and then from there you can set the max charging limit and the max current limit. in the charging limit it asks for wattage hours. so put 14. that will change 900mah from typical mods to the vt200s 1400mah battery so when it charges, it charges fully.

That's how many amps you can charge at... 1 amp is the max supported on dna boards, or 2amp on the vaporshark... Setting that too high can kill your board.

scoopy said:

James if we vape at say 100 watts would it be better to run the battery analyser at 100 watts to......what I'm trying to say really ....is would u get a more accurate battery rating and curve

I believe I read James answer in another thread. Running it at 100w instead of let's say 50w will just reduce the amount of time it takes the analyzer too complete. The wh outcome will be the same.

I will defer to James if he really said that, but this should not be true. It is a fundamental and unavoidable characteristic of the chemistry of lithium-based cells that capacity declines as the rate of discharge increases.

EDIT:  I will admit, however, that running the analyzer at 100w versus 50w won't have a huge impact on the results, but the difference would certainly be measurable. 

[image]

• 1 year later...