Hotcig DX200 stopped working after less than 2 days use.

Ramrod

So I finally got my HOTCIG today, and I was just about ready to download the new firmware and...it went dead. Are freaking kidding me???!! I didn't even put a tank and try to vape it yet, haven't even had it for 12 hours and the board dies on me??? So now what do I do? Can't see this being HOTCIG's fault....any advice is welcome. I'm so disappointed. I've waited almost a month to get this mod.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jentz9517 said:

did you charge the battery?

Yes I had it plugged in the whole time (using the micro USB port) and the battery indicator showed it was full. However, I hadn't upgraded the firmware yet,Mao I don't know if it was completely full. Nonetheless, I was just about to push the "OK" button to upgrade it and noticed the screen was dead and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

Jentz9517 said:

First thing I would do is detach battery then plug back in and press fire button 5 times or go to another power source and see if it works in pass-thru with it hooked up to a wall Jack if not maybe a connection came loose at USB port

I've tried all those things about 10 times already...and, no escribe doesn't recognize it at all. That's actually how I realized it went dead, because it was working fine and then all of a sudden a bubble came up on my screen saying USB device was disconnected. I think it's the chip, but who knows.

A funny thing happen to my Hotcig DX200.

The battery count shows 3 cells a 3,70 and in all 11,1V

But the battery window on the screen was emty and it didn work anymore?

I then put my spare battery on and works again.

So the battery count in escribe is not right or?

digatel said:

[QUOTE=Jentz9517]First thing I would do is detach battery then plug back in and press fire button 5 times or go to another power source and see if it works in pass-thru with it hooked up to a wall Jack if not maybe a connection came loose at USB port

I've tried all those things about 10 times already...and, no escribe doesn't recognize it at all. That's actually how I realized it went dead, because it was working fine and then all of a sudden a bubble came up on my screen saying USB device was disconnected. I think it's the chip, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and put in a ticket with us at: http://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add

We will do everything we can to assist!

Nick said:

[QUOTE=digatel][QUOTE=Jentz9517]First thing I would do is detach battery then plug back in and press fire button 5 times or go to another power source and see if it works in pass-thru with it hooked up to a wall Jack if not maybe a connection came loose at USB port

I've tried all those things about 10 times already...and, no escribe doesn't recognize it at all. That's actually how I realized it went dead, because it was working fine and then all of a sudden a bubble came up on my screen saying USB device was disconnected. I think it's the chip, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and put in a ticket with us at: http://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add

We will do everything we can to assist![/QUOTE] Thanks Nick, I really appreciate it! I received a reply from Hotcig this morning, and so I will venture down that route to remedy this situation. However, it might take another 2 months to get a new mod from them, I feel that it's their responsibility, plus as much as I want to dismantle the mod and figure it out myself, I worry that it will void the warranty, should anything else go wrong.

digatel said:

[QUOTE=Nick][QUOTE=digatel][QUOTE=Jentz9517]First thing I would do is detach battery then plug back in and press fire button 5 times or go to another power source and see if it works in pass-thru with it hooked up to a wall Jack if not maybe a connection came loose at USB port

We will do everything we can to assist![/QUOTE] Thanks Nick, I really appreciate it! I received a reply from Hotcig this morning, and so I will venture down that route to remedy this situation. However, it might take another 2 months to get a new mod from them, I feel that it's their responsibility, plus as much as I want to dismantle the mod and figure it out myself, I worry that it will void the warranty, should anything else go wrong. [/QUOTE]

You are welcome, and thank you! If you have any issues going forward working with Hotcige please do not hesitate to contact me. :)

Nick said:

[QUOTE=digatel][QUOTE=Nick][QUOTE=digatel][QUOTE=Jentz9517]First thing I would do is detach battery then plug back in and press fire button 5 times or go to another power source and see if it works in pass-thru with it hooked up to a wall Jack if not maybe a connection came loose at USB port

We will do everything we can to assist![/QUOTE] Thanks Nick, I really appreciate it! I received a reply from Hotcig this morning, and so I will venture down that route to remedy this situation. However, it might take another 2 months to get a new mod from them, I feel that it's their responsibility, plus as much as I want to dismantle the mod and figure it out myself, I worry that it will void the warranty, should anything else go wrong. [/QUOTE]

You are welcome, and thank you! If you have any issues going forward working with Hotcige please do not hesitate to contact me. :)[/QUOTE] Well Nick, it has been a week since my Hotcig went dead, and 1) Hotcig never contacted me back and 2) Gearbest, I feel like, is giving the run-around. So, what steps exactly do I need to do to just get my chip replaced/repaired? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same boat with my hotcig from gearbest. I have opened a paypal dispute over the purchase because there is a 45 day no question asked return policy. I tried to get the RMA and got the below offer. I am tempted to take them up on it but hate the idea of being ripped off. 

After checking your case we would like to solve your issue the best by offering you the following options: 

1)Partial refund ( No return) 

We can offer a partial refund of 50% your product value which is $ 57on your wallet. This amount can be used for your 

future orders.

2)Resending a remplacement (No return)

We can resend you a replacement but we kindly ask you share 45% cost of item and the shipping fee.

The total cost will be $ 52 of the product cost + $ 5of shipping fee = $57

Could you please let me know your decision?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your continued patience and kind understanding.  

Best Regards

• 3 weeks later...

I just put in a return request to Gearbest for a Hcigar VT200. The battery doesn't charge correctly according to e-scribe. I was going to replace the battery myself, but decided to do the return request instead. My as well find out what kind of company they are before doing more business with them.

• 2 months later...

Well I ordered the DX200 18650 battery add on for the hotcig dna thinkin maybe it was a battery issue. No luck, still dead. I am so dissapointed. Not at Evolv obviously, at HOTCig and Gearbest. What a rip, would not rma but offered to sell a replacement for half price. So I contacted Evolv today via email with fingers crossed and tail between my legs. Hopefully they can help. I did get brave and open the case, the fuse is solid green and appears to be fine. that was mentioned by a few others. Are there any other easy to check things I should check out? I tired hooking up to pc thinkin maybe screen was dead but mod was on, and no luck. It won't discover. Help, anyone :) please.

tageeboy said:

Well I ordered the DX200 18650 battery add on for the hotcig dna thinkin maybe it was a battery issue. No luck, still dead. I am so dissapointed. Not at Evolv obviously, at HOTCig and Gearbest. What a rip, would not rma but offered to sell a replacement for half price. So I contacted Evolv today via email with fingers crossed and tail between my legs. Hopefully they can help. I did get brave and open the case, the fuse is solid green and appears to be fine. that was mentioned by a few others. Are there any other easy to check things I should check out? I tired hooking up to pc thinkin maybe screen was dead but mod was on, and no luck. It won't discover. Help, anyone :) please.

Try messaging Vapor.gearbest.com to join this thread, that is their reps username here not an email address, let us know how you get on.

• 1 year later...
Podunk Steam said:

The 510s negative connection I'd have in question, it's been my only concern as I have one of the Hotcigs too. I originally intended to change out the 510 connector but didn't find need after opening the device up.
I've personally been running below spec just to see if anything goes South early on, 0.04 ohms resistance coil but only pushed at 30 watts so far. This has been in an effort to see how the questionable negative contact at the 510 would hold. 
Pics for reference.
[IMG_20150927_215447_zps92xjftxj] 
[IMG_20150927_105315_zpskbcy6jxl]
Hotcig #0113

How did you get this disassembled I can't figure mine out but I don't my 510 pin is broken

Podunk Steam said:

The 510s negative connection I'd have in question, it's been my only concern as I have one of the Hotcigs too. I originally intended to change out the 510 connector but didn't find need after opening the device up.
I've personally been running below spec just to see if anything goes South early on, 0.04 ohms resistance coil but only pushed at 30 watts so far. This has been in an effort to see how the questionable negative contact at the 510 would hold. 
Pics for reference.
[IMG_20150927_215447_zps92xjftxj] 
[IMG_20150927_105315_zpskbcy6jxl]
Hotcig #0113

Ww34ww,

I assume your asking how to take the 510 apart? Here's how, if you need other info let me know, I have more pics of taking the HotCig apart.

To take the 510 apart, this cap unscrews, I use needle nose pliers to loosen

DSC01948.jpg 

The tan colored plastic insulator may unscrew with it, the one in the middle is a hotcig, the other two are from VariTube V1 510's, I replaced the guts of the HotCig 510's with the VariTube parts because in my opinion they are better.

DSC01960.jpg 

The main body of the 510 is pressed in, the guts of the VariTube 510's are a direct fit. The first pic above shows the VariTube parts after they were installed. Here's a link to the VT V1's http://www.varitube.com/VT-510-V1-Connector--Self-adjusting-Center-Pin-_p_141.html
(Note: While I had the board out I gently scraped the paint off the three board mount pads with a razor down to the bare metal giving a better ground for the board. Arrow points to one of these pads.)

DSC01961.jpg

DSC01961.jpg