Discharge profiles for WisMec ReuLeaux

styks

Just run the battery analyser on my WisMec.

Batteries AW IMR 3000mAh x 3

Run 70W into 4 x 100W power transistors in parallel on heat sink, showing 0.26ohm.

Gave me 29.5 Wh usable. Changed the soft cutt off to 2.8v, is that OK?
I know best not run these lower than 2.5v but at 7.5v total I ain't going to get much out of the DNA 200! lol

txt WisMec 3 off AW 3000mah discharge profile.txt      

Couldn't upload as .csv so opened in word pad and saved as .txt, Just
rename changing .txt to .csv Should work?

Hope this helps someone. :)

I'll run the test again using my Sony VTC4's @ 50W this time.

I also run the recorder while doing it but can't find the file. Where does Escribe normally save those on Win8.1

dc601 said:

What were the Mod settings set at in the ReuLeaux ?

It was set for Kanthal, no TC. .... Escribe set it for 70W. Mod was showing 0.28ohm ... My external meter was reading 0.26 which is not far off what it should be with these resistors plus the wire of course.

Just performed the same with 3 x Sony VTC 4.

18.09 Wh

I think there was some connection issues though because mod was saying "check battery" not "weak battery" as it was while doing the AW 3000mAh profile when batt was low.
I have a feeling the lip they have put around the positive terminal is holding them off just a tad too much
I can see this is going to be a problem with well used flat top batteries. Tried some of my older VTC 5/4's and they would not make contact.

I'll see if I can reduce that protection lip some. I'm pretty sure the DNA must have reverse batt protection by way of a diode or something? ....... Pain if it blows though!
And run it again.

Wismec_with_3_off_Sony_VTC_4_Batt_Analyzer_recording.txt

If some kind soul has the Reuleaux here and is running 3 x LG HG2 18650 30A 3000mAh browns in it and they wanted to help a brother out, who's got no clue what the correct battery settings should be in escribe for it, with a .csv then that would be amazing.

I have kind of read not fully understood mind what I could find with regards to it and fondled around in the dark lets say lol, chosen the battery type as lith poly, 3 cell of course, ran the watt-hour calculator and put in the battery cell capacity as the HG2's 3000mah and left the nominal pack voltage at 11.1, not sure if this is correct or not. Seems to just of multiplied the two figures together and come out at 33.3.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noobish question.o.O

Jay.

OK just redone the VTC 4 profile after reducing the size of those protective positive terminal lips some.

Bingo, no prob with "check battery" warnings, just the weak battery warning as expected when Batt is low.

Results;

3 x Sony VTC4 into .26 ohms @ 50W

21.73 Wh ...... That's more like it! :)

Profile here; ... txt Wismec with 3 off Sony VTC 4 discharge profile.txt

As before change .txt to .csv and upload to Escribe

I'm also going to set "soft cutoff" at 3.2 ...... Waste of time setting it lower.

Might do the AW IMR 3000 mAh profile again now the contacts are more um, well connected! :)

JayFlair said:

If some kind soul has the Reuleaux here and is running 3 x LG HG2 18650 30A 3000mAh browns in it and they wanted to help a brother out, who's got no clue what the correct battery settings should be in escribe for it, with a .csv then that would be amazing.

I have kind of read not fully understood mind what I could find with regards to it and fondled around in the dark lets say lol, chosen the battery type as lith poly, 3 cell of course, ran the watt-hour calculator and put in the battery cell capacity as the HG2's 3000mah and left the nominal pack voltage at 11.1, not sure if this is correct or not. Seems to just of multiplied the two figures together and come out at 33.3.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noobish question.o.O

Jay.

The AW IMR 3000mAh profile I've listed above will not be far out I guess.
Just download it and change the format from .txt to .csv and "Load CSV" when your on the mod page in Escribe. It should be around 30Wh (29.5Wh from my aw's) and set the soft cut off to 3.2 I'd say.

Using the calculator if you wish; you select 3cell, put 3000 in battery cell capacity and leave 11.1 in the nominal voltage box ( total voltage of  3 x 3.7v cells in series) It will give you 33.3Wh but in the real world it'll probably closer to the 29.5Wh my battery analyser came up with. But of course it won't give you the discharge profile though.

I'd use my profile though until someone analyses your batteries.

I found an interesting site about our brown lgs.
Here is the link to take a look.
http://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/57179459-lg-hg2-review-20a-3000mah

I used the calculator at 2965 mah with wH at 10.65

The battery level seem more accurate now.

I will run the analyzer tomorrow and post the csv

Nordic Ravn said:

I found an interesting site about our brown lgs.
Here is the link to take a look.
http://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/57179459-lg-hg2-review-20a-3000mah

I used the calculator at 2965 mah with wH at 10.65

The battery level seem more accurate now.

I will run the analyzer tomorrow and post the csv

Very interesting indeed, they are extremely good batteries, be great if someone uses them in their reuleaux and makes a proper csv for them, as I'm not that confident about doing the battery analyser test.

Nordic Ravn said:

Its a simple test but you need the proper time. Just make 1ohm coil with fully charged batteries and let it run until batts goes down. Then you have the results.
Tonight i ll give my try and come with a file.

Would this not make the atomiser extremely hot ? It would work in theory but I'm sure most of these guys use heat sink boards with resistors for this reason.

Yes don't do this!!! If your making a 1ohm coil you need to use like 14 gauge wire and it needs too have a lot of surface area too keep it cool.. Its best to use resistors as mentioned above.. If you can afford a mod like this you can afford resistors and wires too test it properly and safely.. Other wise I wouldn't bother trying to do it.

I struggled with setting up the battery parameters to display a correct battery life until i stumbled across a youtube video where he walks through setting up the Releaux through escribe. I left the battery type as lipo and 3 cells then just put 3000mah in using the calculator and it wound up calculating the right watt/hour which was around 33. Also need to run the case analyser but he already did that too so i used his numbers. Been using mainly temp control mode with titanium setup around 60watts,400 temp and its giving me about a solid 24 to 30 hours of battery life. I havent messed witb discharge rates, is that necessary?

I've got to point something out here, just an observation, everyone seems to be using the standard LiPo Cut-Off (3.09 - 3.XX V) .. while I'm certain it works, most 18650's have a Cut-Off of 2.5~2.6V (refer to you battery's full specs). Example, under NO LOAD my low 18650 might be 3.5V but under LOAD 2.5~2.8V. 

Therefore, all of these posted TXT or CSV Battery files for 18650's as best as I understand batteries, are too high (off) and a shortened use cycle. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong here, but AFAIK I'm correct. It kinda defeats using a 3,000 mAh battery...

Thanks!

I looked at the file, and there is no 2.6V or 2.8V .. just the 3.09V LiPo default. I ran the Samsung 25R's and tomorrow I'll run the LG HG2 (3.6V Nominal, 3000mAh, 2.5V Cut-off) and post the CSV. I've read the 2950 mAh, etc, etc .. I'm running the batteries to spec; ref http://keeppower.com.ua/download/2015-06/datasheet-LG_INR18650HG2-1.pdf