Discharge Profiles (.csv for 2 & 3 18650 batteries (Sony VTC6 & Sammy 30Q)

Lpearce7

• 2 weeks later...

would someone explain to a battery noob (hi..) what exactly is the benefit of a battery .csv

And if I am using, for example, a .csv for 2 Samsung 30Qs in a DNA75C device -- does that mean I cannot then use my Sony VTC5A's in a device using a .csv for Samsung batteries? Very sorry for the basic question but would greatly help me out  and thank you.

To make the battery meter more accurate, the meter on 75s has to work off battery voltage and all batteries vary a little in voltage vs % charge, not just by battery model, but also with age and condition.  The curve doesn't affect performance or when the mod starts to soft limit (that's the soft cell cut-off) it's just for the battery meter.  200s and 250 have a bit more sophisticated system that does more monitoring.

9 hours ago, VapingBad said:

To make the battery meter more accurate, the meter on 75s has to work off battery voltage and all batteries vary a little in voltage vs % charge, not just by battery model, but also with age and condition.  The curve doesn't affect performance or when the mod starts to soft limit (that's the soft cell cut-off) it's just for the battery meter.  200s and 250 have a bit more sophisticated system that does more monitoring.

(HUG) Thank you, VBad! And thank you for not blasting or embarrassing me for asking. I appreciate the concise explanation.

So ".csv" is just the extension of the file type, "comma separated values", and a .csv file used with a DNA board is, above all, a custom means of providing more accurate battery meter reading than what is provided out-of-the-box . I believe I have that correct.

So if I use a .csv for two Samsung 30Qs, I should only use 30Q's while that .csv is in use. E.g., it would be useless to be using a .csv for two Samsung 30Qs if I had two Sony VTC5s in my mod, correct?

Edited by TexNZ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TexNZ said:

.... a custom means of providing more accurate battery meter reading than what is provided out-of-the-box

Strictly ICON DISPLAYED. Does NOT affect your mod or batteries.

4 hours ago, TexNZ said:

if I use a .csv for two Samsung 30Qs, I should only use 30Q's while that .csv is in use. E.g., it would be useless to be using a .csv for two Samsung 30Qs if I had two Sony VTC5s in my mod

You're overanalyzing. You can still use any battery with any curve. Some of my battery analyzer results show a complete discharge at anywhere from 2.9v-3.19v. 

P.S All good questions. Welcome.

On 26/10/2016 at 11:29 AM, ChunkyButt200 said:

okie dokie,here ya go........... THIS CURVE IS FOR 2 SONY VTC6 18650 CELLS 

THEIR CAPACITY (WATT HOURS) IS - 18.78

I USED A "CELL SOFT CUTOFF" OF - 2.6V.

txt Sony VTC6 Battery Curve.csv    

you might have to remove the ".txt" extension and leave the "csv" part for it to be usable with the escribe program, i think. 

Hi all, just got  myself a drone last week as a 1 year vape anniversary  and been trying to set it up. Im having a problem of the battery showing drainage say down to 78% get back up in the morning and its at 86%. So just jumped back on escribe and found the battery analyzer. 

First question is i did the watt hr calculator for the vt6 and it came out to 22.2wh and this post says its 18.78. But i put a cut off at 3.09 So did i do something wrong.

Second question if i run battery analysis it says  add heat sink resistor . I take it this means an atty with no cotton in it. 

Sry for what i consider dumb questions but im just not sure and dont want to ruin the mod.

Edited by Dann76

@Dann76 the calculated Wh will always be higher than actual (real world). the reason for that is there is some losses, heat mainly, between the battery and your atty. either number will work, just the actual measured Wh will make your battery meter more accurate. as for the cell soft cutoff, i use 2.65v - 2.85v.

when battery analyzer asks for a resistor, what i use is loops of kanthal in an old velocity RDA clone. 4,  4 inch loops  of 22 gauge kanthal. this setup dissipates heat from the test very well.  you can also use an atty with no cotton. just know it may get very hot (and heat up the mod as well) depending on what wattage you set the test at. i wouldn't go over 50-60w's with a cotton-less build "resistor". i might even set the mod in front of a fan, while running BA, to keep everything cool.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 1:07 PM, giz_60 said:

The Therion takes 2 cells & the BF, 1 cell...the number of cells is in the file name...

Hey, after loading the profiles you gave my therions now charge no more than  98-99%. 

What should I do to have them charged 100%.

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Flo2802 said:

Hey, after loading the profiles you gave my therions now charge no more than  98-99%. 

What should I do to have them charged 100%.

Thanks 

Run the battery analyzer to get a more accurate profile for your cells...

Edit: The % indicator is an estimation of the remaining % of the battery left...being off by 1 or 2 % in no way hinders the operation of the device

Edited by giz_60
Edit
  • Like 1