new DNA 75-C questiuons (orobably for staff)

alfie

Bit of an odd question - but does the 75c still support some / most of the existing "gestures" on the current DNA boards (or otherwise have some sort of user configurable multi-button "gesturing"), or is it purely menu driven?

The new stuff all looks awesome and I can't wait to poke my fingers in it!

I can't help but chuckle as I write this:

you can scroll through a menu you design yourself by utilising the up, down and select buttons (which you can swap around however you want).......

how much "user configurable multi-button "gesturing" " do you want?

Cheers for the screenshot - cool to see the options as far as linking menu screens go.

What I was trying to get at was more along the lines of using a gesture to toggle a particular setting directly from the main or lock screens, without changing screens or using a graphical toggle / icon.

For example, to configure it for "when the device is on the lock screen, the gesture Fire + Down toggles Stealth mode (without leaving the lock screen)". That sort of thing.

I know that isn't a thing the overwhelming majority of people would want to do, now there's the option to scroll up and down through a custom menus, and put toggle icons on the main and lock screens and such.

Fractal said:

Cheers for the screenshot - cool to see the options as far as linking menu screens go.

What I was trying to get at was more along the lines of using a gesture to toggle a particular setting directly from the main or lock screens, without changing screens or using a graphical toggle / icon.

For example, to configure it for "when the device is on the lock screen, the gesture Fire + Down toggles Stealth mode (without leaving the lock screen)". That sort of thing.

I know that isn't a thing the overwhelming majority of people would want to do, now there's the option to scroll up and down through a custom menus, and put toggle icons on the main and lock screens and such.

Fractal, 

I would assume you can put an icon on your home screen that you can use to to toggle stealth on and off without scrolling through menus to get to functions such as that.  same with resistance lock.

Ah, I see. Yes, the fire button being a "back" when on a non-firing screen would make doing gestures somewhat difficult :) (but from an ease of use standpoint, it's a sensible decision - so I can see why they've done it that way).

Yeah - icons were plan B if gestures were off the table, it seems like they'd still fit. Good suggestion.

Cheers y'all.

Just a bit more info in reference to the DNA75 Color....

Evolv is introducing an area that will be accessible from the forums for sharing themes.  Kind of an app store for themes.  Their hope is that it will have previews, descriptions, ratings, and be searchable.  

Just an update from my part. I submitted a ticket and they say they will be releasing new Escribe and theme manager to very soon so we can start playing with it. Will be nice to play around with different themes to cater for yourself.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't any yet. Keep checking shapeways.com for 3d printed ones. That's probably your best bet.

I had an old Hana Mod case for a DNA40, I managed to modify it to get the board and screen in place. Maybe Evolv will release the cad drawings for the reference design.

it seems a shame that the board has been released but no sign of the required resources yet.

Potentially (hopefully) one of the best leaps forward in vaping technology for ages but it seems to be of restricted use without escribe support, the theme designer, or the board mounting info.

it'd be handy if they released even beta versions at this point.   I think the testers had access to the software;  personally I would have thought that version (even if it's buggy) would be better than none at all.

I won't knock evolv as they're very innovative and so I'll trust that they're delaying the release of support for a reason - but my limited DNA experience tells me the options are limited without escribe.  The media released emphasises the board is about much more than just having a colour screen but, without the software to access the new features..........   it is just a colour screen, isn't it?