DNA100C weak puffs

Hi all, new forum member here.

I created a profile just to post a thanks to all who have worked through this issue and posted the fix for it. I too was experiencing the low watt firing issue while in stealth mode with the screen off. Having reset everything to factory default I concluded it was not anything I had done, or the themes I was using had caused, so came here and found this thread. Loaded the experimental firmware and it fixed the issue immediately. Back to being a happy DNA100C user.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, James said:

@Darth vapes, by 'new service pack', do you mean the experimental SP45.1 or a different one?

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/100C_Experimental_1_1_SP45_1_INT.sw-service

This should help with weak puffs with the screen off.

Thanks James. This solved weak puff issue on my Hyperion 100c.

The issue was mainly when adjusting screen brightness. Anything below full brightness cause the mod to misbehave when screen goes black/sleep. 

Edited by Mustafa Albazy

• 6 months later...

hello all, i am new here but have been using DNA devices for a couple of years now. i recently purchased a Rebel mods dna 100c device and it seems i have this "weak puff" issue out of the box. i have followed every step on this thread to no avail and am completely baffled. nothing seems to have worked to fix the issue at all and from seeing the latest sp available on Escribe the issue should be resolved by applying it anyway no?

so out of the box i attached my rta with a 0.40 coil and adjusted everything to how i would use it. 45-50w and noticed right away that it seemed nothing was going on, just a fizzle. so i changed to a 0.78 and the same issue. i then hooked up to the pc and checked the device monitor and seen that it appears to be throttled at 12w...i changed to a 0.20 and kept trying, same thing but 40w this time. so with all other avenues exhausted i am here asking for help and wondering if this is actually a issue with the mod itself? i have contacted the modder to see what they have to say as it is still under warrenty but i would much rather just have the thing working if i can do it myself. any help would be greatly appreciated.

rebel dna 100c.csv

15 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

What is the make and model of the battery that you are using?

Under EScribe's Device Manager, does the cell voltage drop like a rock when you fire it?

I am using molicel p42a two I have tried are brand new with one charge cycle trough them and the same result, I think these screenshots will help? 

464E1012-77E5-4852-B70A-DCDD26727D8E.png

4BE7DC73-7D15-411C-A293-8C7759B343B7.png

12 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Is it a weak puff just for the first puff when mod comes out of sleep or is it weak every puff?

A screen shot like this one will be most helpful.

voltage drop.png

It’s every time, I’ll get an actual screenshot in a while but for now this is a potato quality shot from a video I took yesterday while trying other builds etc. as you can see on this it is a 0.20 and set above 90w but drops to 40w every time. 

4C42B007-B17B-4F1D-857B-9046A4B6D197.jpeg

Oh... it isn't using an early beta firmware that had that same problem. Does it putout say 20w if it is set at 20w? I am wondering how low you have to set it before it puts out the correct wattage.

The battery is fabulous, firmware is fine (SP45.1 INT)... the only thing left is the board.  :(

18 minutes ago, BillW50 said:

Oh... it isn't using an early beta firmware that had that same problem. Does it putout say 20w if it is set at 20w? I am wondering how low you have to set it before it puts out the correct wattage.

The battery is fabulous, firmware is fine (SP45.1 INT)... the only thing left is the board.  :(

If I set it to about 18w it will mostly seem correct but as an example when it was on 0.71 coil it would act as if it was stuck in some kind of bypass mode and only give 12w-13w I have contacted the modder who says I can send it back and they will check it but at the same time this device was apparently tested before sending…..

edit: as one can imagine after spending £150+ to receive a aesthetically flawless device that doesn’t work as it should I am pretty disheartened 

Edited by FlyingCustard

Rebel probably does checkout each mod before shipping. Apparently something happened between them to you, unfortunately. Sending it to Evolv is another option if Rebel gives you any trouble.

Hopefully I am not mistaken, but I believe Evolv has someone in the UK to handle warranty claims. So if you are in the UK, that would be easier, no?

https://www.evolvapor.com/warranty

Edited by BillW50

1 hour ago, BillW50 said:

Rebel probably does checkout each mod before shipping. Apparently something happened between them to you, unfortunately. Sending it to Evolv is another option if Rebel gives you any trouble.

Hopefully I am not mistaken, but I believe Evolv has someone in the UK to handle warranty claims. So if you are in the UK, that would be easier, no?

https://www.evolvapor.com/warranty

Thanks for that info that’s actually really helpful! I’ll send it back to rebel first and see what happens but I’m very glad to have that option as a backup if I need it! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

I realize you said "weak puff" issue out of the box, and you're ready to return it to Rebel, but you could try the 'Restore Defaults' when you first startup Escribe.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I should have mentioned I have tried that along with pretty much every step mentioned on this thread before I started commenting, luckily I’m also in the uk so I can ship it back to them next day and hopefully get the issue resolved quickly 🤞🏻I REALLY like how small and light the mod is for a 21700 and would like to use it at least once haha. I shall report back once I either have a replacement (my preferred resolution) or they have sorted it out. Thanks for all the help guys 

• Like 2