cracked screen ?

DangerBass

19 hours ago, retird said:

Can you let the screen go black than take a close up picture of the screen and post it here?

this works ? the img attached

13 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

Here is a picture that looks about the same, in this case is was e liquid inside the screen.

how can liquid be inside just on middle ? how did that liquid got up inside ?

IMG_20200527_152307.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

i really dunno how liquid is getting inside of it (if it is eliquid) as mine started from the center to out, at start i still got image, now i have a blank screen with a portion at top black, i open it up and its "sealed" so im waiting for the replacement so i can crack up the old one to see if can be repaired. but anyway they should investigate about this issue as a lot of people are reporting the same problem, i guess its not eliquid but a problem with the screen itself but im a noob X)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

sorry guys to necro this post but since we got into pandemic the delivery system broke so, i replaced my screen already 4 times and i ensured everything was assembled correctly, my last screen arrived 3 days ago, after 2 days of work started doing the lines again, so 4 screens... i bet that this is not screen related but something with the bord itself.

anyway i had my MOD on warranty when my problem started, now ofc i dont have it anymore. anyway im going to email evolve itself about the issue

So another quick update:

1st of all i re-opened my ticked with evolve.... waiting on response.

2nd i saw some people saying to hard reset and change the theme... so i did a hard reset, applied the default theme and also applied the lateste SP.... result: 2day screen had colors, now the screen is completely blank

they came from UK supplier (im from portugal) the supplier was grove trading AKA modmaker i guess they r "real" evolve screens but dunno.

they all started doing some horizontal lines, then a bit "thumbprint" but not hard (and happened just in 1 ), then all blank... in 2 of them they even got "split" screen in half and changed positions. very weird.

this last one lasted 2 days, went sleeping with all good when i woke up and goed into vape the screen was all messed up already, and later today i tryed hard reset on software and all go blank screen... i still can vape but no screen :|

Edited by DangerBass

Stealthvape in the UK is their official Non-USA repair depot. I have not had any color screen failures. I hope you followed the instructions I posted a year ago, including tucking the extra ribbon back up underneath the screen. Good luck.

• Like 1

Такие похожие проблемы с разными экранами, можно предположить, что сломан разъем шлейфа на плате, либо есть проблема с дорожками этого разъема. В любом случае лучше отправить мод в сервис, либо рассмотреть плату под микроскопом.

13 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Stealthvape in the UK is their official Non-USA repair depot. I have not had any color screen failures. I hope you followed the instructions I posted a year ago, including tucking the extra ribbon back up underneath the screen. Good luck.

thanks for your replies, since they have evolve logo on some of the products im assuming that they are the same, anyway, yes i followed the instructions, there's also a video on youtube(dunno if its yours) anyway i dont even know when assembling it how people can place the riboon on fire button, but yeah i ensured that i mounted it properly