EScribe 2.0 SP19 and Preheat settings for Temperature Controlled vaping

Hello folks, hopefully someone can help clear up a few issues that I'm having setting up temperature control on a DNA 250C and I'm a novice at using it as this is my first Evolv chipset device.

I'm trying to set my temperature at 250°C, I can do this under profile settings.  But Preheat is limited to 149°C or 300°F, and this doesn't help with my coil getting up to temperature.

Also there's not much explanation to Punch, even from Evolv.  Shame on them.

So is there a limit to Preheat temperature?

Punch adjusts the preheat offset from the set temp.  For example my temp is set at 218°C, if I set punch to 11 then preheat temp gets set to 212°C and for every 1 I reduce the punch the preheat temp drops by 8 or 9°C (I have them both shown on the preheat screen on my theme), so if I set punch to all the way down 1 then preheat drops down to 129°C.  Not sure why yours is so low.

• Like 1

Well, Punch was left at 5 (default) as this has no mention in Evolv documentation whatsoever.

Target Temperature is 250°C, no issues setting that.  But even if I turn Punch off and try to apply a Preheat Temperature of 250°C, it just won't do it.  Even tried putting Punch up to 11.

There seems to be a limit of 149°C or 300°F for the Preheat Temperature setting, but why?

I don't know why it should be limited like that.  I just uploaded my theme, it isn't the prettiest but it allows you to adjust preheat punch or preheat temp and shows how one directly affects the other, feel free to try it (I don't have a 250C but I'm assuming it'll be compatible).

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/860-carbon-fibre_dna75c_v10ecigtheme/

В 19.04.2019 в 23:45, Kitsune сказал:

'm trying to set my temperature at 250°C, I can do this under profile settings.  But Preheat is limited to 149°C or 300°F, and this doesn't help with my coil getting up to temperature.

Мне кажется, что либо я не могу понять суть разговора, либо Вы не полностью понимаете режим Pre heat.

Pre heat различается на три вида:  1. Pre heat by Punch, 2. Pre heat by Temperature, 3. Boost

1. Punch это кратковременное поддержание повышенной мощности для быстрого разогрева катушки до заданной температуры,  измеряется в уровень Punch и имеет настройку мощности в Ваттах и уровня в %, используется при ТС

2. Pre heat by Temperature это кратковременное поддержание увеличенной температуры катушки, для быстрого разогрева и достижения лучших результатов вейп, измеряется в градусах Цельсия (Фарингейта) , имеет настройку температуры и мощности, используется при ТС

3. Boost это увеличение мощности для быстрого разогрева катушки без каких либо ограничений, измеряется в уровень Boost, имеет настройку в % увеличения мощности от установленной. используется в режиме Watts

Может это и не совсем правильно, но важно понимать, что разные режимы имеют разные настройки и назначение

печать.PNG

zark, you're initial assumption is correct.  As there's not much information in the EScribe manual, and this is my first DNA mod and there's a lot to learn.

And on 250C chipset there's no boost setting under preheat when running Temperature Control mode.  Only Punch, Watts and Temperature.  And preheat Temperature is limited to 149°C or 300°F, and yet again there's no information in the manual that is really useful.

But on a positive note, changed to a 6 wrap SS316L 25 AWG (0.68mm × 0.27mm) flat wire coil at 0.32 ohms, increased power to 30 Watts.  And are now reaching approx 240°C, so getting closer.

But it would be nice to have a fully updated manual for EScribe, with a full and not cursory description of all options and settings.

You can only pre heat in a TC profile - material is identified as a TC material in a profile
You can only boost punch when your material is not identified as a TC material in a profile

Punch (1-11) is proportional value
In a TC profile - The higher the value, the closer it gets to the 'set temp' before ending pre heat
In watts - a 1 second 'proportional' increase of watts to get your coil to watts quicker (sorta like soft, normal, hard, or watt curves on other mods)

In your case, you could find the wattage you like (say 30 in this case), then set preheat your watts to 10 higher, leave punch at 5 for now. Using Device Monitor you should see if it reaches your set temp 

• Like 1