Replay on 75c

sykesy13

1 hour ago, JRH78 said:

Yes service pack sp15 intl

After installing SP15, did you upgrade the mods firmware? In Escribe, you should see an upgrade message, as you need from firmware page: SP33.2!

--- DNA 75 Color (firmware 1.1 SP33.2) ---
Replay (International Edition only). To use Replay:
(1) Apply the Service Pack.
(2) Choose a profile to put Replay on. Check "Use Replay on this profile", and name it how you like. (For most people, the easiest way to use Replay is to choose a profile whose material is Watts.)
(3) Load on a theme with Replay support. (The default theme has Replay support. Go to the Theme tab and click Default Theme, and upload.)

20 hours ago, mactavish said:

After installing SP15, did you upgrade the mods firmware? In Escribe, you should see an upgrade message, as you need from firmware page: SP33.2!

--- DNA 75 Color (firmware 1.1 SP33.2) ---
Replay (International Edition only). To use Replay:
(1) Apply the Service Pack.
(2) Choose a profile to put Replay on. Check "Use Replay on this profile", and name it how you like. (For most people, the easiest way to use Replay is to choose a profile whose material is Watts.)
(3) Load on a theme with Replay support. (The default theme has Replay support. Go to the Theme tab and click Default Theme, and upload.)

How you find out what firmware I have?

On 5/3/2018 at 8:55 AM, JRH78 said:

On my 75c replay is a clear box. When it fires nothing comes up. Any help??? Thanks 

If you definitely have a TC wire coil then,  this may sound dumb, but have you put a check in the "use replay on this profile" box in escribe on the actual profile your using? 

If you have then try another atomiser

Hello longtime lurker and DNA user.

Has anyone been successful using a single quad core fused clapton ((316L(30x4/40)) with replay?  I get my puff where I want it save it and then vape away.  My vape experience is all over the place.  From perfect to pathetic.lol

I do not have this problem whatsoever using a single dual core fused clapton ((316L(30x2/40)).  With that coil my vape experience is perfect and far surpasses TC.  I also do not have the issue running the aforementioned coils in a dual coil setup.

Just in case it is needed my coils are from AVS and I'm using a Therion DNA 75C and a Mirage DNA 75C.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If this is the wrong place for this post or if a new thread should be started please let me know.

Edited by BlindBuck

Just now, BlindBuck said:

Hello longtime lurker and DNA user.

Has anyone been successful using a single quad core fused clapton ((316L(30x4/40)) with replay?  I get my puff where I want it save it and then vape away.  My vape experience is all over the place.  From perfect to pathetic.lol

I do not have this problem whatsoever using a single dual core fused clapton ((316L(30x2/40)).  With that coil my vape experience is perfect and far surpasses TC.  I also do not have the issue running the aforementioned coils in a dual coil setup.

Just in case it is needed my coils are from AVS and I'm using a Therion DNA 75C and a Mirage DNA 75C.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it feels like it's cutting power off to the coils, amp up the replay warmth.

If it continues to happen however and your coils are getting wicked hot, it's probably due to replay restricting temp to prevent cotton burn.

1 hour ago, ruckus said:

If it feels like it's cutting power off to the coils, amp up the replay warmth.

If it continues to happen however and your coils are getting wicked hot, it's probably due to replay restricting temp to prevent cotton burn.

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried adjusting that up and down without much success.  The vape today at one point actually got very hot.  I have replay set on the third drag at 52W and when the extreme heat happened today my last puff showed 82.3W!  Then it went to 38W on my next pull.  I immediately checked the wick and it was fully saturated.  I'm really not sure what is happening as the dual core fused claptons perform very well.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:04 AM, BlindBuck said:

I think I got it.  There might have been something wrong with the coil as I swapped it for another of the exact type and it seems to be working fine again.

I sure would like to get to the bottom of this because I'm all over the place when I use something other than simple round wire.

The second pull there is 2.57 seconds and it still didn't hit the low setting of 430.  Historically I like the setting to be between 480-520.  It feel hotter than it says it is.  I ran case analyzer on one on my Paranormal but it didn't change if it was supposed to.

5aedc96945c36_Screenshot2018-05-0511_10_06.thumb.jpg.8d3775cb76052a3a7fdeb7f42c535ac3.jpg

5 hours ago, iambyrdman said:

I sure would like to get to the bottom of this because I'm all over the place when I use something other than simple round wire.

The second pull there is 2.57 seconds and it still didn't hit the low setting of 430.  Historically I like the setting to be between 480-520.  It feel hotter than it says it is.  I ran case analyzer on one on my Paranormal but it didn't change if it was supposed to.

5aedc96945c36_Screenshot2018-05-0511_10_06.thumb.jpg.8d3775cb76052a3a7fdeb7f42c535ac3.jpg

Mine started acting all weird again with the quad core.  I went to a dual core 28/40 316L fused clapton and it is extremely consistent and a great vape.  So for now I don't think it is ready for larger coils on the 75C.  I've only be using replay in my wattage profile.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:43 PM, BlindBuck said:

Mine started acting all weird again with the quad core.  I went to a dual core 28/40 316L fused clapton and it is extremely consistent and a great vape.  So for now I don't think it is ready for larger coils on the 75C.  I've only be using replay in my wattage profile.

Yeah, I'm sure it all comes down to stability.  I'm hoping Evolv adds a stability tool to Escribe and offer us a little more guidance on replay requirements.  Might be hard to say without giving away too much to the Chinese

• Like 1

Apparently dual framed staple ss316L coils  that are  6 wrapped  3.mm and are coming in at .06 ohm will not work on replay mode.At least I can't get them to work.A single coil coming in at .17 ohm works great in replay.

The duals are on my Aromamizer Plus tank and the single is on my Aromamizer Supreme tank.Both on postless decks.

This spooled coil wire from Advanced Vape supply is sooooo good.Easy to wrap and dry burn and no hot spots when dry burning.The flavor is top shelf and cloud production enormous.

So if there isn't a fix for this I'll be sticking to single coil for this wire in replay mode.

2 minutes ago, Smokin Dave said:

Apparently dual framed staple ss316L coils  that are  6 wrapped  3.mm and are coming in at .06 ohm will not work on replay mode.At least I can't get them to work.A single coil coming in at .17 ohm works great in replay.

The duals are on my Aromamizer Plus tank and the single is on my Aromamizer Supreme tank.Both on postless decks.

This spooled coil wire from Advanced Vape supply is sooooo good.Easy to wrap and dry burn and no hot spots when dry burning.The flavor is top shelf and cloud production enormous.

So if there isn't a fix for this I'll be sticking to single coil for this wire in replay mode.

When multiple wires are used together ie. clapton, stapled, etc., the inner core(s) are what should matter more than the outer materials. Not knowing what all is taking place and being evaluated during Replay mode, it's hard to come up with an answer. 0.06 ohm is very low, maybe a factor? Out of curiosity, do the same coils work in standard TC mode?

4 minutes ago, hawk256 said:

When multiple wires are used together ie. clapton, stapled, etc., the inner core(s) are what should matter more than the outer materials. Not knowing what all is taking place and being evaluated during Replay mode, it's hard to come up with an answer. 0.06 ohm is very low, maybe a factor? Out of curiosity, do the same coils work in standard TC mode?

Oh yeah.For sure the dual coils work in TC.They work great.Just not in replay.They won't register.

The single coil no problem in replay.

5 minutes ago, Smokin Dave said:

Oh yeah.For sure the dual coils work in TC.They work great.Just not in replay.They won't register.

The single coil no problem in replay.

Interesting. I won't pretend to know why but Replay is obviously doing a lot of things I don't understand yet. Maybe some refinements by Evolv will improve compatibility or at the very least we will understand the ins and outs of Replay more in the future. I understand that Evolv might not want to put all their cards on the table for obvious reasons but hopefully more of the process will come to light. At first look you would think that if it works in standard TC, it would work in Replay but obviously not the case.

• Like 1