Making advanced theme from ground up

Dragonraihan

Thanks in advance guys.

I want to make a theme for 250c so I started using theme maker but it's not easy to use it.

After spending hours I made my own theme but Its realy simple.

I want to make an advanced theme so I searched online for hours couldn't find any tutorial to help me.

If you guys know any please help me.

Or tell me how I do this ( board temp on lockscreen over the stars but field will hide when any click star appears)and

(How do I change click stars to another symbols )

hope I explained it clearly

I have not seen any tutorials, looking at themes that have the feature you want is probably the best option. 

The status field is for system messages and text you put in the status fields for a field and then it is shown when in focus, I don't think you can change the *.   You could have a condition like when charging and display board temp when true and status when false,  you need a condition for fields to occupy the same area.

18 hours ago, VapingBad said:

I have not seen any tutorials, looking at themes that have the feature you want is probably the best option. 

The status field is for system messages and text you put in the status fields for a field and then it is shown when in focus, I don't think you can change the *.   You could have a condition like when charging and display board temp when true and status when false,  you need a condition for fields to occupy the same area.

Thanks can you tell me in details please.

21 hours ago, VapingBad said:

Can you tell me about the condition with "Greater than/Less than/Equal to/Known/Unknown" and the entry that goes with it.

Screenshot (27).png

Screenshot (26).png

Edited by Dragonraihan

It's a conditional. A little programming knowledge will probably help you. On your screenshot, it's saying if the BOARD TEMPERATURE is GREATER THAN some value (that you enter in the box), then DO SOMETHING. 

When you create a condition, it adds a new tab so you can set up a configuration for when that condition is true. In your second screenshot, the tab says "Board temperature <= 1". So whatever changes you make in that tab, will only occur when the board temp is less than or equal to 1 (which probably will never happen, unless it's freezing outside). Maybe you could have it say a warning like "CAUTION: Board temperature is very cold"

One use for the conditionals is with USB. You can create a condition WHEN USB CONNECTED > ADD SOME TEXT TO SCREEN or something like that. 

edit: your best best is going to be to find a theme that you like, and edit it. I used the default theme DJLSB made for the Lost Vape Mirage and just edited the fonts/colors/menu options etc. It's not super easy to build a whole theme from the ground up. 

Edited by niandra3
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, niandra3 said:

It's a conditional. A little programming knowledge will probably help you. On your screenshot, it's saying if the BOARD TEMPERATURE is GREATER THAN some value (that you enter in the box), then DO SOMETHING. 

When you create a condition, it adds a new tab so you can set up a configuration for when that condition is true. In your second screenshot, the tab says "Board temperature <= 1". So whatever changes you make in that tab, will only occur when the board temp is less than or equal to 1 (which probably will never happen, unless it's freezing outside). Maybe you could have it say a warning like "CAUTION: Board temperature is very cold"

One use for the conditionals is with USB. You can create a condition WHEN USB CONNECTED > ADD SOME TEXT TO SCREEN or something like that. 

edit: your best best is going to be to find a theme that you like, and edit it. I used the default theme DJLSB made for the Lost Vape Mirage and just edited the fonts/colors/menu options etc. It's not super easy to build a whole theme from the ground up. 

Thanks a lot.

It was helpful .

can i use condition to act upon unlock click if so then tell how to do it. 

I'm pretty new to all this DNA Color stuff (like this week), so I'm not too sure. But I think the locking is special, and maybe you can't configure that so much (other than the lock options, like on the SAFETY tab of EScribe where you configure locking sequence, etc). 

As for the Lock Screen, I *think* that when you unlock the device it automatically goes to the Main Screen. I don't know if you can mess around with that or not. On the Lock Screen page there are some extra options, like you can do special stuff if the UP or DOWN buttons are clicked (I think). Play around with the software.. there isn't an official guide out there so check YouTube and then just test things out.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:53 PM, Dragonraihan said:

Thanks a lot.

It was helpful .

can i use condition to act upon unlock click if so then tell how to do it. 

• 1 year later...

Hello, I see that within the conditions there are User - they are editable, what I would like to program is with a conditional compare the value of the coil when installing an atomizer with the one stored in each profile and in this way automatically select the profile corresponding to this value. will this be possible

So I just dug around a bit, and I'm pretty sure this is not possible (though it's a good idea). The user conditionals you are talking about are all "User > Toggle" right? Those aren't really editable, they just give you a way to add your own switches that change what's displayed on the screen. If you download my theme and open it in the Theme Editor, if you click on the date on the lock screen, you'll see there's two tabs on the right: Default Condition and Toggle 2. If you go to the Toggle 2 tab, you'll notice the date gets hidden from the lock screen. Then if you look at the Time page of my theme, you'll see there's a Date toggle, and if you click that you'll see it's controlling User Toggle 2.  So flipping that switch on the Time page hides the date from the Main page. So it does let you make your own user conditionals, but as far as I know they're all just on or off (like a switch).  

The second problem is that even if you wanted to set a conditional based on the Coil Ohms, that's not an option in the conditionals menu. Third problem is that you can't change profiles with conditionals. Like I said they're basically used to change what's displayed on the screen. 

Your best option is probably to just put a Atomizer Profile field on the main screen like my theme, and there you can easily change the current profile for whatever atomizer you are using. 

7 hours ago, sedoco said:

Hello, I see that within the conditions there are User - they are editable, what I would like to program is with a conditional compare the value of the coil when installing an atomizer with the one stored in each profile and in this way automatically select the profile corresponding to this value. will this be possible

• 3 weeks later...
В 22.09.2019 в 8:32 AM, sedoco сказал:

Гораздо проще создать профили для каждого атомизатора в EScribe suite с названием испарителя, потом просто выбирать нужный профиль

Печать.jpg

• Like 1