DogMods 5x DNA200 VapeStation Project

DogMods

Hi everyone, I wanted to share something I was working on with you all, I hope this forum is the best place to do so as it seemed to fit best here.

I've had an idea floating around in my head for quite some time now, and when the DNA 200 finally released it seemed like the perfect board to make it happen. Big fan of Evolv being a local Ohioan myself and will gladly support a local company. Didn't get into the DNA40 much, but been having a blast with the 200.

This will be a work in progress post, but here is what I have so far.

I want to turn a .50 Cal ammo can I had laying around into a semi portable VapeStation /Passthrough display. All said and done this "mod" will support five wired DNA200's in A boxes.

[mLaSKhs] 
A lot of people have asked me who this is for, and honestly, no one.  Maybe some shops or convention going businesses would want one, and in that case I would be happy to build to order. Mainly I just thought it would a fun project, and something cool to have to take around to local shops. I think it would also be a great addition to working with a vendor to sell my mods at a Convention with the added incentive of getting to run it at their booth for a weekend.

So the above pic is what I started with. The first order of business was to mill out a plate to hold all of the rear components, mod plugs, AC in, and fans to move some of the hot air generated by the power supply out of the Ammo can.

[6ZHMLoG] 
Here it is bolted up to the can:

[3CyN7At] 
[mswA5aH] 
More to come as I upload more pics and continue working on it.

Working on the Connectors, these are twist locking plugs with dust caps for when they are not in use. The wire throughout is heavy 10 gauge, in addition to the pins on the plugs being 10 gauge.

[TeviCTL] 

Connectors all wired and installed:

[lsXhU85] 
I wanted to add a master on/off switch, and was at first going to use just a latching button. Then I had the idea that maybe if one of these are sitting in a shop the owner would like to "disable" it if they are away without having to completely break it down or move it. That's where these came in:

[cxQKfKu] 

Bam! Master On/Off key and latching pushbutton, and some fancy engraving because I thought it was cool.

[tfrIuA5] 

[kyZlTgG] 

Always wanted to use a master on/off locking switch myself but didn't have any builds to incorporate it on. Have a couple OKR's laying around and the identical Ammo can (minus the sexy milled plates), so thanks for the reinspiration and for showing the progress of your project.

JLIT said:

Always wanted to use a master on/off locking switch myself but didn't have any builds to incorporate it on. Have a couple OKR's laying around and the identical Ammo can (minus the sexy milled plates), so thanks for the reinspiration and for showing the progress of your project.

No problem, thanks for looking!

Had some enclosures OD Green Cerakoted to match the Ammo Can. 

[8yL1w9o] 
Did a really nice Black Nylon sleeve job for each mod. This stuff is really soft, but hard to sleeve lengths of wire that long with.

[rlJG8GY]  .

First test, IT LIVES! Will need to move the screen cutout over just a tad on the next one.

[paASX3x] 

Easy self indexing screen mount:

[Gr57Nnc]

"PUSH TO ARM" LoL love it! If you ever get pulled over, the cops search you car and find that can and mods with no atty's on them your probably going to get cuffed & stuffed in the back of a patrol car until the bomb squad comes and figures out what it is and clears your vehicle. Hopefully they'll figure it out and not blow your vehicle LoL! Nice job, I like it! 

• 3 weeks later...