Up/Down Button Remapping?

laurie9300

I own a variety of Temp mods and I have found myself varying the temp far more than the wattage.

Is it possible to re-map the up/down buttons to directly adjust temp instead of wattage?

Love my DNA20, Love my DNA30s, Love my DNA40s........looking forward to my 200!

Doing this as a option one might choose might be a good idea but there are those of us who change wattage more than temp so as long as it's not the default setting to change temp with up/down buttons it would be just another option I guess...

I REALLY want this option. It's basically variable temperature instead of variable watts.

I just set my power to max and change temp only. But clicking five times, holding up down awkwardly, adjusting and then clicking five times again is absurdly complicated. I would play around with temperature far more often if it was easier. I really hope this is added to escribe as an option.

I run at temp, not watts, it's the primary setting I use. Pressing a sequence of 12 buttons to change the temp is too much, also flashing "temp protection" on screen gives me no feedback in use, showing the temp the coils at ( or fluctuating at) on screen around all the variables (my build, tank, juice etc. sometimes with human error..!) would be far more useful to myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to bump this.  I searched for this feature request and really would like to see this.  I keep my watts pretty much always set, and often depending on juice/mood/ambient temperature, find myself wanting to change temperature.  And while I've gotten pretty good at 5click/one finger double button/adjust, I would REALLY like temp to be adjustable instead of wattage.  Make it an option like others have suggested, set up by profile on escribe.

I had also asked about this.  In the mean time, I plan to add a third button the the mod that is "both" -- function is to make the DNA 200 think both buttons are pressed (the buttons both use ground as common so any momentary contact N.O. double pole switch in parallel across the up/down button pads on the board or a single pole switch connected through steering diodes will work fine).  It also helps to change the lock sequence to 3 clicks instead of 5.

I likewise seem to change temp often enough and I want to be able to do it more easily (like while driving).

While we're at it lol, 10 degrees F per click is too much.  I'd like to be able to set the increment as a parameter also.

And as long as I'm daydreaming on the topic lol, having to hold "both" for 2 seconds is too much.  If I press both that means I want the function of pressing both -- do I also have to let it know I really mean it by holding for 2 seconds lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news about this? I've heard on reddit evolv is working on this feature. Is there another post or thread about this topic?

EDIT: Never mind I found the thread (way more discussion there) 

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66948-topic/?do=findComment&comment=902253