Case Analyzer

I had gone through the entire test for the second time because the first time I did it I had the door off. I figured this would be more accurate. Anyways, I went through the whole thing and at the end it saved the recording, displayed the results but then it had disconnected I guess because it showed the dna 200 connect pop up and when I hit connect it reuploaded the old thermal settings over what it should have changed to. I opened the recorded file to see if the correct settings are there. Of coarse it's just a bunch of data that needs to be turned into the settings but I find no place to use the CSV to get my settings from it. Being that it takes quite some time to run this test and I have the CSV file is there a way to get the settings from it somehow without running the super long test again. Also the results were much different from before. i just cannot remember the exact amounts.  It would be nice if there isn't a way to load recorded test csv's that there would be in the future.  Incase the settings get changed somehow someone could set them back with the recorded csv file.

• 2 months later...

Question for James or John:

Background:  Reference device #2 had  case analyzer default settings as follows:

Cooling:  150s
Heating:  150s
USB:   10 F and 12 F/A
Min temp:    -20F
Max temp:    120F

Ran Case Analyzer:  (room temperature device, battery 1/2 charge)

Case Analyzer results:

Cooling :  1005.53s
Heating :  1122.45s
USB :  5.5F and 21.78 F/A
Min temp:   -20F
Max temp:   120F

I ok'd the analyzer settings and they were copied to EScribe.  The Cooling and Heating seconds were rounded off to 1000s each and manually trying to enter the values resulted in rounding off to 1000 again.

Using latest EScribe and firmware posted in this forum.

Question:

Are the results from the Analyzer (rounded off) more valid/better than the old default settings for accurate temp control?

THX

Edit:  Ran Analyzer on Reference mod #1:

Case Analyzer results:

Cooling :  1017.16s
Heating :  1210.63s
USB :  8.04F and 20.32 F/A
Min temp:   -20F
Max temp:   120F

Escribe took these settings and rounding them off as in Mod #2. ( cooling and heating rounded off to 1000s each)

• 3 weeks later...
mrminimal said:

I've got the dna 200 boxer.
Here are my results for the case analyzer.
Everything looks fine but 40.59 F/A is the only value I find pretty high.
Maybe someone owning a boxer could tell me more about it.  Or anybody who knows more about this value.
Thanks guys!

FYI I have the same mod in the normal nylon plastic (not the alumylon), and the F/A reading on mine is 43.17, so I'm guessing it's normal for these boxer DNA 200's.

Anyway the readings on mine...

Case cooling time constant: 506.61 s
Case Heating Time Constant: 653.69 s
Case USB charge Temperature Rise: 13.65 F
                                                  43.17 F/A
Minimum Ambient Temperature: -20 F
Maximum Ambient Temperature: 110 F

Gmc8538 said:

[QUOTE=mrminimal]I've got the dna 200 boxer.
Here are my results for the case analyzer.
Everything looks fine but 40.59 F/A is the only value I find pretty high.
Maybe someone owning a boxer could tell me more about it.  Or anybody who knows more about this value.
Thanks guys!

FYI I have the same mod in the normal nylon plastic (not the alumylon), and the F/A reading on mine is 43.17, so I'm guessing it's normal for these boxer DNA 200's.

Anyway the readings on mine...

Case cooling time constant: 506.61 s
Case Heating Time Constant: 653.69 s
Case USB charge Temperature Rise: 13.65 F
                                                  43.17 F/A
Minimum Ambient Temperature: -20 F
Maximum Ambient Temperature: 110 F[/QUOTE]