VT200 Mod Resistance (SS 510)

Lilpetabread

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section here. I've been searching for an answer about what the VT200's Mod Resistance value should be for the newer version with the Gold plated 510 connector, but couldn't get a definitive answer. I've found quite a bit of conflicting info about it. I've seen anywhere from 0.0045 to 0.022 (which seemed kind of high to me). Hcigar told me to use 0.004, and then I was told that was wrong and to use 0.007. Does anyone know for a fact what it should be? Also while I have you guys, in regards to SS 316L, is the 0.00100 still the universally agreed upon value in Escribe? Thanks in advance, you guys have been a huge help to me in the past. :)

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=Lance][QUOTE=Smokey1336]http://www.djlsbvapes.com/dna200/

I get unsupported file format from that ecig profile. When i try to upload it to the vt200[/QUOTE]
You probably have a different globalisation setting for number formats, you can temporally change it to en-US to load the file.[/QUOTE]

Just tried changing to EN-US and still "unsupported file format"

Every Mod is going to have a slightly different set of calibration numbers .. including identical mass produced Mods. Example if you're pushing 100W and higher a Battery Profile based upon 5A is never going to be accurate. Internal Resistance - no Mod is going to have a 0 Ohm resistance. So then it comes to what number identifies the Resistance the most accurately. I've tested a couple ways and the short answer is no, as in none, Atty's are solid copper or silver or etc. The most accurate TC I've found is to take an 'average' Atty you'd use and silver solder it internally at the 510. This is going to be a higher number than a solid die cut rod. Ideally any Resistance Adjustment should accurately represent the neutral Mod AND Atty leaving only the TC wire resistance changes. Therefore if most of your Atty's are eg SS304 negative with copper positive core then I'd try to find an old simular Atty to solder .. if all SS304 then simularly use it. The differences in Atty's alone can be 0.002~0.004 plus the Mods 510 Internal Resistance. A generic eg 0.003, 0.020, or whatever numbers are blind guesses. Every Mod I have, I run all my own Analyzer tests and rely on no one's generic information. I've found as an end result a more accurate TC and as much as 50° F greater accuracy.

I agree. I run my own test and settings and that is truly the only way to get as close as possible. However there is a large percentage of vapers that cannot do this for one reason or another so there has to be a starting point for them. From there they can fine tune their setup via EScribe. It would be nice if there was a single file for this instead of the dozens floating around the net.

As a test i just did a dual 6 wrap twisted NI200 28g.

On a ohms tester and another mod it comes out at 0.08ohms but when i put it on the VT200 it shows 0.01 and in escribe it shows 0.044 with atty analyzer.

Raw ohms = 0.044
Normal ohms =0.017
Cold ohms = 0.015 

And also hits tp in a split second.

As stated above, everyone should run the case analyzer for their particular device. I'll list my results here for comparative purposes. I had been using the numbers posted at djlsb's website, and those are far different than my results. They both worked. I don't have the tools to test the TC accuracy, so can't say if one is better than the other.

Cooling time constant       827.60

Heating time constant      554.30

USB charge temp rise      7.38

F/A                               15.65

In regards to which 510 you have, I have wondered the same thing. The connector on mine looks like gold, is shiny, and has a silver colored center pin. A magnet will not stick to it. I'm guessing it's the gold plated stainless, but not having a brass example to compare it to, am not positive. Serial number on this one is 8382 in case anyone knows where in the production run they switched over. 

broken_axe said:

I've been having issues with my VT200 as well. I don't have another mod to test out on. Or an ohm meter. For the site linked above, how do I know if mine has the right 510 and everything?

I have a tool on the way to test my mod resistance. I have a gold plated SS 510 (serial number is 8540.) For the time being, I've been using the value "0.004" (number that HCigar told me to use) under Mod Resistance and it's been working. It's not perfect. My resistance is still off a bit. I have a 0.356 build (according to all my readers) and Escribe reads its resistance at 0.344. So it's off. But it's closer. I tried the previously stated 0.022 that was posted before and Escribe was reading the same build at 0.321. Pretty far off what it should be and it showed when using TC.

Thank you for that info. Look forward to your results on mod resistance. I have been using .0045, which I found posted a couple of times, but I'm too inept to figure it out for myself. The 3 mods I currently have, and a cheap ohms meter all read my builds differently. Have a Coilmaster 521 tab on the way, so soon I will have 5 different readings lol.

Johan said:

Thank you for that info. Look forward to your results on mod resistance. I have been using .0045, which I found posted a couple of times, but I'm too inept to figure it out for myself. The 3 mods I currently have, and a cheap ohms meter all read my builds differently. Have a Coilmaster 521 tab on the way, so soon I will have 5 different readings lol.

Yea, I feel you on the all different readings ordeal lol. I also saw the .0045 Mod Resistance, but I was told that was for the Brass Version 510. Not saying that it's not the same as the SS version - but you never know. If you're looking for a definite answer, you can write to Bob (he's here on the forums) and order the tool I was referring to. I'lol post my results when it arrives, but from what I understand, the mod resistance can vary from device to device (clearly that's at least somewhat true, if someone came up with th value 0.022 lol. Basically, you screw this tool into the 510 as if it were an atty, and you set your mod resistance to 0. Then you open the atty analyzer in Escribe and fire your mod (hope I'm not missing a step here) and it'll display your Mod Resistance. And you'd use 80% of the value that's shown. If you want to order one, his email is bob.bmb.lewis03@gmail.com. Nice guy, he had mine shipped out the next day for $10 including shipping. I think it'll be a nice tool to have around. Probably should have bought more to use as stocking stuffers lol!

Lilpetabread said:

Also, for what it's worth. Hcigar told me that after serial number 5,000 it's the version 2. And copy and pasted of what they said: "the serial number,after 5000pcs is VT200 v2,it is ss 510 connector."

DJLsb says:
"(ATTENTION, if your S/N is less then 7109 please change the Battery Capacity to 11,87)"

This also means you don't have a gold plated center pin.  That 5000 serial number is what I'm questioning.  My serial number is 6875 and when I changed my battery capacity to 11.87, my meter on my hCigar VT200 is now accurate.  Are you sure that hCigar told you this?  or maybe someone who says they talked to hCigar.  Reason I am saying this is that DJLsb talks to hCigar a lot.  They would tell him the truth if they don't want their mod to be bashed by him.

Let me know what you think Lilpetabread.  Thanks.

That came directly from their Facebook page. I'm not saying that DJLsb is lying or anything. I'll say this tho, my serial number is 8540, and 11.87 is close to what makes my battery better too. And the mod resistance that he gave (0.022) is way off. 0.004 is what's closest for me (also got that from their Facebook page). Something about his numbers isn't accurate, with my device at least. For what it's worth, if you look around here and other forums, it's impossible to fit a 1300mah battery in this device without modifying the case. And even after modifying the case, 1300mah wouldn't fit in there. Maybe 1100mah. What will fit in this device without modification is around 1000mah.

I just went to the "hCigar VT200" facebook page.  It was created by:  

Alan Galloway created the group.
November 11

Unless you have a different facebook page, the only reference to serial numbers was from 1 guy, not working at hCigar that gave the serial number 5000.

Anyway, as long as our VT200's work is all that matters.  hCigar isn't going to give us a new mod just because of the center pin (I wish they would lol).