VT200 Mod Resistance (SS 510)

Lilpetabread

LarryLenz said:

I just went to the "hCigar VT200" facebook page.  It was created by:  

Alan Galloway created the group.
November 11

Unless you have a different facebook page, the only reference to serial numbers was from 1 guy, not working at hCigar that gave the serial number 5000.

Anyway, as long as our VT200's work is all that matters.  hCigar isn't going to give us a new mod just because of the center pin (I wish they would lol).
This link: https://www.facebook.com/HCigar0005/

I see various values for the case cooling setting.  Here's mine:

• Case Cooling Constant:   424.42s
  • Case Heating Constant:   245.79s
  • USB Temp Rise:               9.15°F 
  • °F/A                               15.01

This was ran with an atty on top and a silicone sleeve on my mod.

Johan said:

I ran case analyzer with no atomizer and no sleeve. Now I'm wondering which way is correct.

Just looked at that Facebook page, they are showing the new VT133 dual battery mod coming soon.  Ah crap....

Got that tool in today. Just ran the atty analyzer. VT200 with gold plated SS 510 came in at 0.005. It was jumping quickly between 0.004 and 0.005 so I put in 0.0049 lol. Thought I'd give ya a heads up

Johan said:

Very cool, thank you. Hey, how do you like that new tool? Now that you have used it, can you recommend it?

Definitely. Super handy for this purpose. Apparently, since it's 99.9% copper, you don't have to worry about only using 80% of the calculated mod resistance. What it says it is, you just use that. Reason we were told to use 80% of what Escribe shows us, is because before, people were putting copper wire in an atty to run the mod resistance test. But using the atty would throw the value off (by about 20% I guess.) So bam, subtract that 20%. I didn't want to go that route because, well, I like having an exact number - not a rough idea. So with this, if it says it's .005, that you use that! No math needed lol. It got to me in about 3 days. This idea behind this tool was created with, I wanna say his name is Nick, from Evolv.

Johan said:

I'm using your mod resistance number and appears to run fine, but did order the tool from Bob since it's best to check each individual mod. Lol, actually I'm just a tool junkie...thanks again.

Good stuff! I'd love to hear what your results turn out to be! Just a heads up, I had read somewhere that you're supposed to fire the mod once you screw the copper tool on - this isn't true. You just open up Escribe, set your mod resistance to "0" open the atty analyzer, and screw the tool into the 510 and see what it says - easy as that.

I'm getting between .004 - .006 depending on how far the plug is screwed in and it switches between those readings until it bottoms. When it's bottomed out it reads "?", which is what I first saw as I was looking at the plug as it was twisted in. Had me scratching head for a minute. So I guess this example has a mod resistance range, but .004 comes up the most so I'll try that...

I think you can trust DJLsb Vapes.  He seems to be a great reviewer and I've downloaded many things from him without any problems.  I agree that the 0.022 is high.  I would just recommend testing your device to insure you get the correct one for your mod.  I wonder if he got that when he tested his VT200 or he got it straight from hCigar.

I'm not so sure. He also has the battery at 13.54 wh. And the rest of those numbers are vastly different than what I got, and what others have posted.

Got a Koopor Plus a while back and it was a total failure on stainless steel temp control. Got a replacement and it was the same. Dry or wet the cotton just burst into flame. Got a refund (shout out to VaporTek USA for that). Then I watched the djlsb review on that mod, and he edited out the dry burn test for stainless steel. I emailed him asking about that twice but got no reply. And I have noticed other times where he has minimized or ignored issues with other hardware.

He is generally a good reviewer, has contributed much to the vaping community, and I have learned a lot from him. But there is no way I would just "trust" him. 

I agree with Johan. As I stated before, 0.022 as a mod resistance is just nuts. My resistance was WAY off using those numbers. I wrote to him on YouTube and he was kind of shocked when I questioned those numbers, and he said that he had tested multiple VT200 boxes and had gotten that same result. I'm not really all that saavy when it comes to testing these things - so I found it pretty disconcerting that I saw that number and immediately realized it was questionable, but he didn't. Another thing that doesn't make sense is where he got the info about the serial numbers, implying there is different versions of the VT200 (especially in relation to the battery.) I've written to ECigar multiple times and all times got the response that "after serial number 5,000, it is the v2 with gold plated SS 510." Nothing relating to the battery. It's also worth noting that, last I checked, without modifying the VT200 case, a larger battery isn't going to fit in there. I guess my point is, it might be best to get a second opinion after seeing his results sometimes. I love his reviews and his info, but the VT200 was just all-around questionable. Initially, he didn't even know that the VT200 battery wasn't in fact a 1300mah LiPo - meaning he didn't actually test it like he claimed he did, he just used HCigar's value. It wasn't until a few of us commented on his video that he actually changed it on his website.