VT133 issue

jtdien

I do to but i have never had any feedback from evolv on what the problem had been on boards ive sent in, i would have thought as a time and production thing it would have gone straight in the bin.. might be different with the one in question if they keep turning up,,,, see what turns up in the wash..

dwcraig1 said:

While I think an RMA is the best way to go I was still hoping to see the voltage readings taken off the pads where the balance connector connects to the DNA200 board. Just curious if it's a problem with the DNA board or the daughter board. 

Me too. But a bad output of one board doesn't necessarily mean that the input side of the other board (DNA board) isn't loading the output (Protection board).

jtdien said:

The power from the daughter board to the DNA chip was ~7.4v. 
I can't see what else is wrong unless its the DNA chip itself.
It is working in Power Supply mode but the moment i change it to the Lipo in 2S it just doesnt stay on.

The voltages on the balance connector pins on the DNA side not the main ones, they are very sensitive to resistance like a dry joint as they are very low current connections.

What would be interesting to know is at the balance connection on the DNA. What pin 1, 2, and 3 reads in respect to ground. 1 should read the voltage of cell 1. 2 should read the total of cell 1 and cell 2. And 3 since this is a two cell DNA should read the same as pin 2. But I assume you have it all back together. So I would just wait until you had it apart again.

UPDATE: Oh VapingBad was replying too and I didn't see it until after I posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just caught up with this thread. I had exactly the same issue, turns out I had changed the battery cell number in Escribe during some battery testing and forgot to change is back to the 2 cell setting. Instant fix :)
2016-05-06_10-34-26.png