Evolv, will you survive?

The FDA just pounded the hammer with the regulations on vaping.

I'm curious to know what companies like Evolv will do, as it's hard to regulate electronics no matter what their use. RDA's, RTA's, I worry there because I can always make my mods and juice but I can't machine stuff, but that's another matter.

Evolv, what is your response to the FDA's ruling?

Evolv's goal has always been to make the safest and most advanced personal vaporizer products on the market. If our products are not capable of meeting the standards set forth and passing regulations then we question whether any products will be available.

BillW50 said:

Make plans when a million things can happen between now and then? How do you make plans for a million possibilities Mike? And I am sure when the time comes, they will have an official press release and let us all know. :)

I'm not as arrogant as you, sorry. It's foolish to have a storm like this looming over your head and laugh off making plans because of what 'could' happen. What could happen is vaping could die outright, and if you want to laugh it off and keep dialing in your TCR settings go ahead, the rest of us are going to do what we can to keep vaping alive and survive.

No, I am not I'm not arrogant Mike. And neither is any e-cigarette company. Have you heard of one who are stating their plans yet Mike? Where are they Mike? Are the ones who are not saying anything about their plans arrogant too Mike? And you are running on a very fine line right now with your personal attacks.

It doesnt matter how stringent the regs get, we will still be at the top, the regs change for everyone, the company name fits perfectly. Its all about adapting and making a way forward. Two years ago there was no such thing as tc and you couldnt build a decent coil without a blowlamp. Think it was ray winston said,, ""where theres a will, and there is a will, theres allways a way, theres allways a f****** way""

black lace said:

It doesnt matter how stringent the regs get, we will still be at the top, the regs change for everyone, the company name fits perfectly. Its all about adapting and making a way forward. Two years ago there was no such thing as tc and you couldnt build a decent coil without a blowlamp. Think it was ray winston said,, ""where theres a will, and there is a will, theres allways a way, theres allways a f****** way""

The issue is nothing that wasn't made before 2007 will gain FDA approval easily! Getting FDA approval for VW & TC boards may not be that easy!

(edited by VapingBad)

Made in america and nothing hidden and well maintained has a lot going for it. there has been an incredible amount of flooding of the marked of substandard products over the past two years, a certain amount of policing should be welcome. a legit company regarding anything has to carry the burdon of working allongside regulators in order to thrive.

OK no more personal comments I don't want to be considering banning anyone, but I will if they keep posting insults even if they feel they were provoked.  Part of the reason for this forum is for people to get help, usually this is quickly provided in friendly manner by other members.  Where it isn't it can drive people away without getting help or end in mutual animosity that spills out to other threads. 

black lace consider this a warning, I would hate to see you banned, but I've had to delete 2 of your post in this thread.

black lace said:

Made in america and nothing hidden and well maintained has a lot going for it. there has been an incredible amount of flooding of the marked of substandard products over the past two years, a certain amount of policing should be welcome. a legit company regarding anything has to carry the burdon of working allongside regulators in order to thrive.

$330k+ and 1700 man-hours "per product" is an undue burden. Only multi-million $ corporations can shoulder that.

mikepetro said:

$330k+ and 1700 man-hours "per product" is an undue burden. Only multi-million $ corporations can shoulder that.

i talked to a vape shop yesterday and ask what ejuice manufacturers might be still in business. They said maybe space jam and sick boy.

mikepetro said:

it may make the mesh in the net a little tighter to prevent cloners slipping through, but to design and produce a product goes way over, this is why you see the leading chinese market names using this product in their device.

black lace said:

it may make the mesh in the net a little tighter to prevent cloners slipping through, but to design and produce a product goes way over, this is why you see the leading chinese market names using this product in their device.

It will put virtually all Mom  & Pop shops out of the ejuice mixing business, which is currently their livelihood. They cant afford these fees.

Also, it will put small, custom craft Modders, like myself, out of business. I cant afford a $330k fee just to sell a couple hundred mods, even if Evolv supplies a "Masterfile".

Sos am on mobile, keep flipping in and out,,,, i sympathise with you, but i can only bring the conversation full circle, ""it needed policeing,,,the uk is awash with clone dangerous devises and juice that contains who knows what.. but like allready said by myselfe and the start of the thread, heavy handed is an understatment.. i cant go into the polotics its been done over time again allready, i dont even follow my own .UK. so no nothing about .US. clawing back lost revenue from tobacco ect my greatest fear was, anything containg nicotine would be regarded as a pharmacutical.

I sincerely hope you are not lumping me in that category Mikhail! I would find it very insulting.

Revised for todays distribution:

I am a 57 year old middle class VOTER.

I was addicted to tobacco most of my life. I firmly believe that switching to ecigs has extended my life by years. Not only does scientific research show that it is 95% less harmful, but my own body (& my physician) tells me that it is less harmful.

Please see the scientific proof here:
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/file/3563/download?token=uV0R0Twz

Now, through regulation, the FDA is making it much easier to buy tobacco than to obtain a satisfying ecig that works.

I urge you to support the
H.R.2058 - FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015

Products that existed before the February 2007 "predicate date" simply did not work, where current generation products DO work. As a result I have been tobacco free for 3.5 years. Please allow me the legal means to stay off of tobacco!

I vote, and I will support politicians who support my right to "harm reduction".

Sincerely,
Mike Petro