Autofire.

Jevans83

So I have the board running off the buttons on the boards and it has been working great for a little over a week and then last night after taking a puff, it started auto firing when an atty was connected to it. I pulled the board out I'm the box, to where nothing was touching the bottoms at all and screwed atty down and still autofires.

Jevans83 said:

Cleaned it up super good and it's still auto firing. Thanks for all the time help. This chip is frustrating me. The others have gone in and had zero issues.

I see you have a external button configured.   If you put the chip in an auto fire scenario and the chip is autofiring and you clip your external switch does the device stop autofiring?   If so the switch you are using is the cause.

• 6 months later...

I am brand new here and haven't figured out to create my own post yet, so forgive me for posting here but I have a similar problem. I am attempting to build my own DNA 200 box, I have built many unregulated boxes before and have never had any problems. When i finally had my DNA put together and went to test it... it worked for a few puffs and then started auto-firing. I narrowed it down to the external fire switch I was using being bad. I had another switch sitting around but it was too big for the hole in my box, I wired it up externally so I could plug the box into escribe and try to figure out what was going on. When i fired up escribe I notices one of my cells was dead, cell one and three were fine but cell two was at .18 volts. I ordered a replacement switch and battery thinking the battery was just faulty. When the replacements arrived (two dang weeks later) I put it all back together and was ready to be vaping. It worked for about 5 minutes then it began auto-firing again when it was just sitting on the table so I had to unscrew the atomizer. I am completely lost as to what in the world the problem is. I am extremely frustrated considering I have dropped $175 into this projects and after 3 weeks all I have is a paperweight. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get this darn thing to work properly?

Things I can think to check for are that the solder for the +ve output wire is not touching the vias (tiny holes through the circuit board) next to the pad,  the switch is fully isolated (the body of the switch is isolated from the wiring) and the soldering on the balance pins is not dry and the pins are free of dirt and flux.

Did you independently test cell two with a volt meter?  Knowing what it measured would tell you if it was a connection/solder issue.  Given that it did register "something" it is likely to be a bad cell.  If you remove your external switch, verify that there isn't a solder bridge on the board from your work and it still autofires, then I would open a ticket with Evolv to swap out the board.  

VapingBad, I have checked all the soldering and everything seems to be fine, nothing touching where it shouldn't be. The switch is isolated from the wiring. The balance pins appear to be dry and free from and dirt or flux.

Blueridgedog, I have not independently tested cell two with a voltmeter, could you tell me which balance pins I would need to test? The solder points for the external switch aren't making any contact.

How do I go about opening a ticket to swap out the board?

• 3 months later...

Sorry to jump on the thread but I have a problem, and wanted to pick your brains, I got a panzer dna200 on Saturday and by Monday it popped the fuse on the board, I bought 10 fuses from rs components and had it replaced by an electrical repair guy today, as soon as I screwed the atty on it started to autofire on full power any idea what could cause this? The fuse is all that was touched afaik

Dankez123 said:

Sorry to jump on the thread but I have a problem, and wanted to pick your brains, I got a panzer dna200 on Saturday and by Monday it popped the fuse on the board, I bought 10 fuses from rs components and had it replaced by an electrical repair guy today, as soon as I screwed the atty on it started to autofire on full power any idea what could cause this? The fuse is all that was touched afaik

usually when a fuse blows in an electronic device there's a deeper problem. not always but more often than not. something in the boards circuitry could failed before the fuse had enough time to break power. in device monitor at the bottom of the screen, where it says "button", does it continuously say "fire"? if it does without you touching the fire button you could have a broken fire switch or ejuice inside, near or around it shorting it out.  you could try the usual procedures people try when the board misbehaves - soft and hard reboots, reinstall the firmware. 
there's always the option of opening a help ticket with evolv, from their website.

UPDATE!!! Right guys I have the mod back from the repair guy, fuse looks perfectly good, with the mod in pieces and just the board connected to the charge side of the lipo the screen looks normal showing wattage etc, when I attempt to screw an atty onto the 510 the screen goes off? Connected to escribe and battery looks slightly unbalanced?.... This is where the fun begins haha when connected as above but with the other part of battery connected too, the screen shows check warranty, attempt to screw an atty on and it fires as soon as it touches the 510! And in escribe the lipo looks badly unbalanced, I have tried hard/soft reboots and nothing seems to work! I'm slowly losing patience with this now, it's my first dna device and it's very disheartening that it worked for 2 days!! Please can someone help? Thanks,

• 3 years later...