Is Hana out of business?

nystyletaco

No updates on their FB page for quite awhile, no response from their service e-mail address.

I have one of their DNA 200 models and the screen has pretty much stopped working (usually black, sometime glitches a bit and shows some info before turning off again).  I'm suspecting its the screen cable getting pinched but I don't trust my (de)soldering skills to try and fix this damn thing.  The mod still works fine, just no screen.

Am I SOL here unless I buy a soldering kit and get to work?

IDK know about Hana, but are you sure you need a soldering iron to swap the screen?  The screen it's self connects with a ZIF socket (zero insertion force).  If you open a ticket with Evolv they will probably change the screen for you http://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add

Well, I had though that the leads from the 510 to the board were going to be too short for me to do that, but it seems like theres enough slack to get it out.  I've got the board and the screen separated now, so I suppose I'll order a new screen from Evolv and give it a shot.

Thanks for inspiring me to take another look :D

There's a trick to pre-folding the ribbon cable to help avoid that problem.  The ribbon cable is a lot tuffer than it looks or you might think.  If you use a plastic straight edge, credit card, you can get the necessary bends in place.  Think sort of a "Z"shape starting at the first hole in the Ziff end and ending just short of the glass at the display end.

nystyletaco said:

No updates on their FB page for quite awhile, no response from their service e-mail address.

I have one of their DNA 200 models and the screen has pretty much stopped working (usually black, sometime glitches a bit and shows some info before turning off again).  I'm suspecting its the screen cable getting pinched but I don't trust my (de)soldering skills to try and fix this damn thing.  The mod still works fine, just no screen.

Am I SOL here unless I buy a soldering kit and get to work?

I just dealt with them on a issue on a Dna40. Latch on the battery door cracked and they shipped one out right away. From the first email to when I had a tracking number was 3 days I think and the part will be here tomorrow.

In the subject line of a email be direct about the problem and they should read it and get back with you. I have noticed if I ever ask about stock on devices or anything general they do not answer. If I say its a broken part they are pretty prompt in reply.

• 2 weeks later...
Tattoo75 said:

Been trying to get ahold of um for 3 months many Facebook messages, emails with no response. My v4 DNA 40 battery latch broke the first week I had it .lol

I emailed them here hanamodz1@gmail.com in the subject line of the email I put "V4 broken part" explained to them what was wrong and included a picture so they could see what was wrong.

If you try that and cannot get a answer from them. I have two extra of those parts, if yours broke where mine did I would send you one of mine. You can install the part pretty easily as it has screws that hold the whole latch together.

I think maybe they are just not answering on Facebook anymore.

edit: I have three of those parts here they sent me. That part of the latch is plastic and if you over tighten the screws they split.

Rob_H said:

I emailed them here hanamodz1@gmail.com in the subject line of the email I put "V4 broken part" explained to them what was wrong and included a picture so they could see what was wrong.

If you try that and cannot get a answer from them. I have two extra of those parts, if yours broke where mine did I would send you one of mine. You can install the part pretty easily as it has screws that hold the whole latch together.

I think maybe they are just not answering on Facebook anymore.

edit: I have three of those parts here they sent me. That part of the latch is plastic and if you over tighten the screws they split.

Mine broke exactly where yours did and I also e-mailed Hana @ hanamodz1@gmail.com and never got a reply so I e-mailed them again and still no reply. What a bummer.

KTMRider said:

I had the same issue with my Hana v200 last year. They answered a couple of emails and then ignored me. Evolv stepped up and sent me a new screen. 

Here's how I bent the ribbon:

How did you manage getting the screen into place upon reassembly? I have to reinstall a board that was faulty in my V200. Waiting for Evolv to repair or replace the old one, they have only had it for a few days but was wondering what the best approach would be. The original screen was hot glued in place. Was thinking maybe there was a better way.