DNA75 Eats through Battery

shoutcast

Hey Everyone,  Got to say I am not happy with the DNA75..   So many issues.. Starting to think it just wasn't designed well to work well for a single battery.. Don't have any issues on my DNA200 133..   First it eats battery.. I am using a single 18665 LG2 3000mAh.. Now I have both a Pico and a evic mini with the same battery that seems to last twice as long with pretty much the same settings on all devices.. I have done the battery analyzer and the case analyzer with no change in battery time.   Also the weak battery issue is so annoying.  I know it is just battery sag but dont' seem to have those issues on my other devices.  Again another problem is temp protection and constancy of vape.. SS is always hitting temp protection. it vapes ok for a bit then starts to hit temp protection.. again same profile on my vt133 does not have this issue.. Now I will state that i am no expert at escribe so i may just be doing things wrong but these problems make me wish I never bought the DNA75.  DNA75 seems like it is nothing more then a restricted DNA200 chip.. Def not a ground up chip design..  Seems like when they put this out there were just trying to cash in on the single battery market without really putting alot of effort into it ..  maybe it was a rush design due to the August 8th deadline..  I don't know.. but the chip feels rushed and incomplete with alot of issues.

So as some of you know I received my SMY SDNA75 yesterday and am using a LG HD2 (2000mah, 25 amp) in it. My atty is a Bellus firing at 40 watts with 1 sec hard preheat @ 50 watts. I'm still kind of testing it out but so far I'm not noticing anything negative concerning battery life. I'm using it just as I use my Silo 900 and honestly I'm not noticing any difference.
My voltage right now is reading 3.6 volts and still no sign of "weak battery". I'm going to use it till it tells me. I do expect to get less time as the watt hours are not the same.

So tonight before I left for work I changed the battery in my SMY 75, it was down to 3.4 volts on the screen and no sign of weak battery.
I used probably 8 ml of juice before changing the battery, maybe more. Nothing too scientific about it but I noticed nothing unusual about battery life

looks like i bought fake lg hg2 batteries for it.  when i looked at them more closely i noticed they were different..  and put in one of my other lg hg2 batteries.. that would also explain the weak battery warning for i have not had it with my other lg batteries.  but my temp control still kinda sucks.  but as for the battery.  battery life is so much better now. but as of today just got my 26650.. so we will see how that works out.  sorry for the rant..

You definitely could have fake HG2s, as @black lace pointed out there are a ton of them out there.

The other thing to note is that depending on how you are running your atty (temp control, resistance) the DNA75 board can draw as much as 28 amps continuous or 32 amp pulse. The LG HG2 is a 20 amp continuous battery. So if you are working it anywhere above 20-22 amps you will see battery life drop drastically and you will get worse performance than a 25 amp 2100 mah battery like the LG HD2C or Sony VTC4. The 3000 mah only matters it if you are using it within the batteries current limits.

shoutcast said:

looks like i bought fake lg hg2 batteries for it.  when i looked at them more closely i noticed they were different..  and put in one of my other lg hg2 batteries.. that would also explain the weak battery warning for i have not had it with my other lg batteries.  but my temp control still kinda sucks.  but as for the battery.  battery life is so much better now. but as of today just got my 26650.. so we will see how that works out.  sorry for the rant..

ya I got a couple fakes on ebay a few months back.. when I went to seller for a refund with all the facts on legit vs. fake He with no questions asked gave a refund and some excuse.. I went with those hohm life 3077 mah they seem to be good

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dwcraig1 said:

So as some of you know I received my SMY SDNA75 yesterday and am using a LG HD2 (2000mah, 25 amp) in it. My atty is a Bellus firing at 40 watts with 1 sec hard preheat @ 50 watts. I'm still kind of testing it out but so far I'm not noticing anything negative concerning battery life. I'm using it just as I use my Silo 900 and honestly I'm not noticing any difference.
My voltage right now is reading 3.6 volts and still no sign of "weak battery". I'm going to use it till it tells me. I do expect to get less time as the watt hours are not the same.

So tonight before I left for work I changed the battery in my SMY 75, it was down to 3.4 volts on the screen and no sign of weak battery.
I used probably 8 ml of juice before changing the battery, maybe more. Nothing too scientific about it but I noticed nothing unusual about battery life

First, sorry for bringing an old thread back up. But I just ordered the same mod and wanted to know if you're still getting ~ 8ml from one 18650 battery. And what temperature is this at?

TIA

I have no idea, back then I was checking on battery life. I generally keep it on the upper end of the charge never letting it get very low.
Using a Kayfun 5 clone instead of Bellus, 40/50 watt @ 430.....it never throttles down (normally)
I'll see what I can do about getting an answer for you.

I tend to run my attys around 400-420 deg. F @ around 30w using a Ni200 coil between 0.07 and 0.09 ohm. No preheat on the TC mods I currently use (VTC Mini, Presa 75 and 100 and even a Sig 75). If I could get 7-8 ml out of a 25R in my SMY SDNA 75 before it sagged too much, I'd be dee-lighted! Batteries are in VG condition, I recharge @ 0.5A when they reach ~ 3.35 to 3.4v.

I just got through 8 ml of juice, not a drop was left in the tank (2nd tank) of my Kayfun 5 with glass tank. Just after I hit 8 ml the next fire was with battery icon flashing. This is 40 watt, 50 wat preheat, my drags are just under 2 seconds so it was mostly at 50 watts. 3.6 ohm ss430.
This was with an LG HD2, 2000 mah, 25 amp cdr, a 25r might do even better.

• 2 weeks later...

Update after using the SMY SDNA 75 for a few days...

A 25R lasts me through 2 tanks of an EHPro KFL Plus v2 w/KF Monster v2 base (over 9ml of juice) w/the settings I use- which are admittedly rather mild (0.06 ohm Ni200 coil, TC 'Boost', 30W @ 445º F, all else default, which is to say the mod’s in “buck” mode, not “boost”). When the screen indicated 3% battery left (battery icon was empty) I pulled it, it showed 3.33v (default cell soft cutoff is 2.75v). The vape was virtually unchanged throughout the cell discharge cycle. Escribe’s statistics shows the actual battery run time was 24.5 minutes.

As a frame of reference, the battery run time of my VTC Mini- using similar TC settings and coil resistance- is around 25 minutes (3.2v battery cutoff), my smok treebox (3.5v battery cutoff) runs for just under 14 minutes.

Bottom line and/or TL-DR:

No problem w/battery run time for me.

Battery life seems to be exactly as expected for me as well. Generally my cells last about as much as my VTC Mini (which surprised me, because it seems the Mini is also about 85% effective). The difference is that my vape is a bit weaker when I reach low capacity, but that is completely normal due to the pre-heat functionality. The VTC Mini doesn't do that and it generally works up to the wattage you set it at. I was hoping to get more battery life out of the SNDA75, but at the same time I am definitely happy that it is not worse than the VTC Mini, as I was happy with it anyways. 

For reference, I use dual SS claptons @55W with 65W pre-heat. Decided to remove a wrap from the build tonight and now I vape at 50W with 60W pre-heat. It's pretty good. :) (this little change seems to give me significantly longer battery life as the amps drained are not so close to the upper limit (20A in my case))