Blank screen when firing

Karsten

VapingBad said:

I can't see anything in the config that would explain your issue, I copied the screen settings to a DNA 200 and they work fine, I would decrease the fade in time to 0.25 myself.

[image]

I actually had them at .25 & .75 but changed to 1 & 1 as part of the testing

• 2 weeks later...
retird said:

Are you going  to fire it and check it out before changing the ecig file?  Let us know how it goes...  I would probably maker sure I had a properly functioning device before making any changes, but that's just me... :)

I did switch it to a default Ti profile and gave it about 3 or 4 quick presses. The screen stayed on but that's enough to confirm what I needed before creating a new ecig. I want to test it connected to the PC as well. Plus, I don't know what curve is in there for Ti and would rather not fry a good coil

retird said:

Understand wanting to not fry a new coil...Ti was too "touchy" for me so I don't use it... 

It's a Ti Clapton. Best flavor of any material so far. Works great with right curve. Current plan is to bring it up on a basic kanthal and run it for a bit before loading up my Ni200, SS, and Ti's for TC. Debating on whether or not to just blast a full config at it, including screens first go around and basically say 'screw it' and fire up, or take it one step at a time until something either causes it to behave as before or I end up with a good ecig and functional DNA at same time...

Yep one could implement an ecig file is steps or all it once.  If you suspected the ecig file as subject to have caused your issue then it's your call whether to implement all at once or not.  I think I would first save the ecig file currently in the device so it might be reloaded should it be needed.  Good luck and let us know.  :)

Happy to report that after going through both the one-step and all-at-once the DNA200 is performing flawlessly. So, it was either two bad boards in a row or one bad board that was just restored and sent back. Either way the guys at Evolv were great. While it would've been nice to have known what the issue was, it's not a requirement and I'm still a happy user.

Karsten said:

Happy to report that after going through both the one-step and all-at-once the DNA200 is performing flawlessly. So, it was either two bad boards in a row or one bad board that was just restored and sent back. Either way the guys at Evolv were great. While it would've been nice to have known what the issue was, it's not a requirement and I'm still a happy user.

THX for the update..... enjoy