Battery Level to 0% after upgrade to 1.2 sp3

Nordic Ravn

Hello friends,
After i upgraded my dna200 to v 1.2 sp3 the battery level from 3% went down to 0%.
I tried to reset it but still the same.
I also tried the usb recovery option which turned it to 1% but then it went back to 0.
Any ideas or help?

PS the cell 2 and 3 are at 3.77v while the cell 1 is at 3.33

I've also experienced the exact same issues with several DNA 200 boards lately frustrated as hell with multiple brand new fullymax900mAh 3s lipo and I've experienced 0.10A fluctuates 0.12A stays 0% Some will charge to 25% 24 hours later just to flatline immediately I'm by no means DNA pro but I've tried just about anything current downloads performed USB recovery twice the correct way shipped a few to vaporshark they ship back in open and ship back $430.00 credit to shark helps but have a few other DNA board's 03/2016& newer all mint condition boards that I seem to lately cannot get around any help or advice goes along way to each and every of you DNA scientists that are paving the endless possibilities this crazy vaping epidemic to unbelievable possibilities thanks for your time support, and love for the vape you guys keep this full circle

When you download 1.2 SP3, the battery goes to 0. My best guess is that an update to fix this cannot be done, until they apply for, and receive approval from the FDA. Although, it seems that they should be dealing with the ATF, since they are claiming it is "tobacco". Run a soft reset on Escribe. It will fix the battery percentage problem.

I had this problem too, it often required several soft-restarts to get it back to normal again and every time I connected to Escribe and changed settings I had to do it all over again.

On top of that I discovered that my Hcigar VT200 didn't fully charge anymore with the new firmware. It said 100% after a charge cycle but after a draw or two the battery level dropped to around 86 to 87%.

I got tired of messing with it and decided to go back to the last stabile version until they finish the new version. When I went back to the older version my battery level went from 87% to 74% instantly so I suspect it was charging it even less than it said on the display. Everything is back to normal now though.

Once the charge is complete (4.20V/cell unloaded) the DNA will correct the meter. If the meter is off, it may say 100% but until the cells actually get to 4.20V and the current declines to nearly zero, it's not actually finished charging.

If you have a cell at 3.33V your battery is basically empty. The meter, when the DNA detects it should do a correction, always does it based on the weakest cell (since Weak Battery will limit on the weakest cell anyway, for safety). If the other two are that much higher, you need to let it charge and give it some time to rebalance the cells.

I have upgraded all of my DNA200's today, as I have not had windows for a while due to my macbook failing, today I got parallels set up and installed Escribe, and finally updated to have fantastic SS TC. 

All four mods battery meters went to zero as soon as I applied SP3, I just had to pull the battery/batteries on the devices I could, then the meter went back to full, and on the Efusion I simply charged it-it now seems to be fine, and the Hotcig V2 I have been using seems like the battery meter is also fine. 

Plus-SS316L is finally working fantastically! 

Upgrade my DNA200 Reuleaux, and as many of us, 0% battery problem.
It is not a balance problem, when i have upgrade the box, all my batteries are at 3.52V.
Now, after a full charge all the batteries are at 4.2V... and still 0% on battery meter.

I downgrade to last recommended version, and it is always the same even after a soft and a hard reboot.

What to do now ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Triade and it was working fine until just now, battery icon and charge % is showing wildly inaccurate percentages. Currently I have 10.6V equally split between the three batteries but the device is only showing 1%.

I have soft rebooted and hard rebooted as well as restoring factory defaults, i've also swapped the battery positions around as previously suggested. Is there a way to re calibrate the device or something else I am missing here?

dwcraig1 said:

Your batteries are near depleted, what batteries are they and what's your watt hours set to?
Post a screen shot of device monitor showing your cell voltages.........after you charge them perhaps.

I'm using Samsung 30q batteries. I agree that 3.5v per cell is rather low but not 0%. Watt hours set via calculator 33.3. I've just uploaded a new csv particular to the Samsung 30q and its now reading 26%, fingers crossed for a 100% figure at 4.2v per cell.

Realistically your watt hours for those will be about 27 -28 Wh,  keep in mind that the 200 was designed to use a lipo pack so you won't be taking those 18650s down to the 2.5 volts as that's what was done to achieve their 3000 mah rating. The hardware cutoff is 28.5 volts on the 200.
I set my soft cell cut off to 2.9 volts when using 18650's in a 200.

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing im having kind of the same issue, but after removing the batteries and putting them back in, it shows the correct battery status, although now.. all of the sudden my device will not charge via usb, as I have always done in the past. It's always charged perfectly via usb and now it does nothing when i plug it in, no charge indicator, and no individual cell voltage has i had it show while charging. any suggestions?

edit: It actually seems to charge when connected to escribe on the computer, but not when plugged into a power supply :/

I have this issue on all my DNA's. DNA250's and DNA200's. Once I upgraded to SP4, the meter would drop to 0%, no matter what the actual charge was. So, I simply hit the "upload settings to device" button again and everything goes back to normal. I then test the device and check battery settings and it's all good. No idea why it works, but it does.

help 133 finder suddenly die, but when firing long press turns on and off the firing button to die, try to check the battery indicator escribe cell 1 '0.0v' and cell 2 '5.09v' and replace the battery setting type 'POWER SUPPLY' normal and willing in firing but the battery indicator is empty, so please his problem where? 1 again whether it is safe by setting the batteries 'power supply' is? thanks

indikator.jpg

baterai.jpg

Using power supply you turn off all the battery safety features so you should no run it like that, does it still say the voltage is 5.1 in power supply mode?  It could be your battery connections, reverse battery protection board or the connections from that to the board.  All you can do really is clean the battery connections and check they are making contact properly especially at the positive end where there is a raised ring.

it happens to me with each of my DNAs :(

For REULEAUX just have to remove and replace batteries… for LAvabox and others LiPo have to put a new CSV file… it's a fact end of the mistery you need to improve this guys :P

Nope. Nope. Nope. I have 3 REULEAUX and one box mod i made with dna 200 chips the other day i thought i have not connected them to EScribe in while (mind you all my devices were working fine. Well, sp3 was out ok i updated on all but the new REULEAUX i had saved for emergency. well the one i made updated worked ten mins later it stopped working took my a while but i found it blew a fuse. ok then so i break out the back up new one to use till i fix it figured better update it too so i did the battery went to 0% but still works fine. So i load new .csv change wat hours soft reset many times remove and put batterys back in also several times still reads 0% ... i read the is a sp4 in early release fixes some bugs tried that then all the above again... still reads 0% and (fyi tring to find the fuses for dna200 is hard ti find and over price you can get from manufacturer for like $0.48 but then you have to pay like 5 bucks or more shipping and takes like 2 weeks or you can buy 5 at a time for like 6 bucks on amazon) but anyways this trick does not work they with have to address this in a update but i am also hearing now that they are making the dna 250 they are not going to make the 200 anymore so i not sure if they will even support or care about the 200 or not