DNA250 3-s Lithium Polymer battery packs

Do you think or know if the next DNA250 wave of manufacturers will spend the resources on higher mAH Lipo powered only consumer ready mods? I hope so because I think my Hcigar Vt200 1300mAH Lipo and my friend's new Lavabox with a preinstalled 1300mAH Lipo and 25 amps are appropriate for DNA200 mods. His for $199 but worth the cost, mine, older and apparently not a total 1300mAH ALTHOUGH close to it. ??? I would love to see no 18650 powered DNA250's and 1800mAH. 2100mAH, etc. 30-35 amp Lipo packs. Any ideas?

I think the 18650 batteries are inferior and the space would always be better used up with lipos, some argue that the 18650's are quick to change out and use them for that reason,,, in my mind its allways going to be swings and rounderbouts, the larger capacity you go on a lipo the bigger it will get so the bigger the mod, have you looked at the grafine equivelent batteries, you could upgrade yours with one of thoes..

• Like 1

I agree, however, I am likely to fry or melt or incorrectly install my own Lipo pack. I think the consumer devices (think Lavabox, Hcigar, Vaporshark, and others) are made for precisely for chumps like myself. I build PC Desktops, but that doesn't require a mini torch and a very delicate chip, both physically, and technically speaking that I've never seen with my own eyes. Never opened a mod, customized one, don't want to. I choose to pay $200 or more and expect to get what I paid for. I'm sure DNA 250 box mods will cost a pretty penny and I understand the value and cost to Evolvapor of the production of said chips nevermind shipping parts and devices around the globe before consumer ready devices are available, but I'm willing to pay for the 1800mAH 35 amp Lipo feature, or the 2200mAH 30 amp pack that charges under any condition with any charger owners would be able to use. 
a
a

The lipo batteries used in these mods are from the r/c hobby and not designed or invented for vaping but well suited which is why they're being used. 18650s have also been around before vapers started using them in mech mods.

18650s have higher power density than lipos but can't handle high amp draw like lipos are able to (high end batteries). To get higher mah lipos, the mods would have to be bigger. There's no way around that. Some lipo capacities are rated higher than they should (like some of the ones used in Hcigar). You would think twice about a mod if you saw the actual size of a 2200mah 3s lipo. 

black lace said:

I think the 18650 batteries are inferior and the space would always be better used up with lipos, some argue that the 18650's are quick to change out and use them for that reason,,, in my mind its allways going to be swings and rounderbouts, the larger capacity you go on a lipo the bigger it will get so the bigger the mod, have you looked at the grafine equivelent batteries, you could upgrade yours with one of thoes..

I agree completely Lipos are the way. Period. I don't understand the desire to swap 18650's when you can do the same with a lipo pack, let alone the power to size difference. One thing though; "grafine" or graphene battery technology is not anywhere close to being available to the consumer market. It's a pretty crazy technology that's still being researched. Turnighy "graphene" batteries, I have found, are the most superior lipo packs available to consumers. They may be a bit thicker due to their high (65C) ratings, but worth every penny and a small reduction in total mah IMO.

• 1 year later...

@bootsy Not sure about a UK based seller but Evolv sells the Fullymax 900mah Lipo on their website. Also IMR Batteries sells an Efest version (900mah, similar dimensions). As for the bullet connectors, you'll have to swap them from the old Lipo to the new. 

https://www.evolvapor.com/products/dna250

https://www.imrbatteries.com/efest-900mah-3s-11-1v-30c-lipo-battery/