Reuleaux DNA 200 Screen Ribbon Fix Yes/No

Teehippster57

I fixed my screen, but it flickers. So I still need a new one. Installing it seems easy, I was just too rough on the ribbon cable. Will a DNA40 screen work fine or? Give me a link to ANYTHING I can use, this is the only DNA I got.

Also, in this general area, is there anything I can damage besides the screen? Could I ruin the ZIF connector or anything on the board?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex faught said:

When you do get a new screen I can't stress enough that you make sure that it is in the guides on the cover first before tightening it down.

Believe me, I saw the post where dude (maybe you?) broke his screen, and I made 110% sure it was secure right, even now that it's broken I still baby it.

My ZIF flap is still in tact and appears to work fine.

So I'm just using Escribe Device Monitor and locking the wattage, but it works. I submitted a help ticket also. So, when I DO get a new screen if ever, does it come with that, glue sticky pad? Or no pad? Or pad but no glue? Would I have to glue the screen on myself, find a seat for the underside of it, etc?

My screen is now completely dead but the mod is fine. I removed every wire in the mod and replaced them with lower gauged, thicker 100% silver stranded wire and got them all seated nicely, I used 93% Tin, 5% Silver, 1.9% Copper and 0.1% Gold solder. It's expensive, thick stuff but I always use it because it seems to stick well and is high conductive. The mod is still working great, once I get a new screen and make sure the cable is out of harm's way this will probably be a very fitting and enjoyable mod provided the board stays good, but I plan on ordering two spare boards just in case, because I really am loving the whole DNA200 experience with triple 18650's powering it.

On an unrelated note, I just screwed a Supertank Mini with a .3 Ohm Aspire Triton 316L SS coil fitted inside, set the .316L Steam Engine custom CSV curve on it, set it to vape at 467F at 52W standard at a 65W 1S 8.6 punch preheat, tank's filled with 1.5mg Nic Pink Doozie (Strawberry Donut) and this thing is giving the best vape. GREAT flavor, I recommend trying SS TC on the DNA200 with a custom CSV curve if you haven't, because I usually vape Titanium and Nickel but SS TC is WHERE IT IS AT. I've gotten to where I very rarely vape in regular wattage non-TC configs.

I'm hopeless at getting these kinda things right and I had mine done in about 2 mins . Mine was touching the button heaps so I'm glad I read about this issue thanks guys ! The best approach is to pull up the whole screen from the centre by slightly wiggling it from side to side it will let go in a few seconds , then I used a small metal pick to fold the cable under and make sure you close the ribbon zif socket it does pull it open . I then gently sat the screen relative to where I though it should sit and chucked some battery's in to turn the screen on I then put the face plate on without the screws to see how the screen looked and make sure it wasn't crooked , after 1 small tweak it was sitting pretty good so I pressed it down onto the foam adheasve tape gently and screwed on the faceplate and everything works perfectly ! It's a 2 minute job literally I'm very happy ;-)

apparently wismec/joyetech are aware of this issue and have sorted it on batch two ( mine was delayed because of this!) (so I was told by the vendor) anyways, I have not yet removed the face plate to check to see if the manufacturer has fixed this issue but will in the next few days I expect and report back here to let any of the latest owners know!

I got mine fixed, I bent an inward U into the ribbon on the newer screen Evolv sent me. But I also dismantled the entire mod and used lower gauge, thicker silver wiring because it was to my understanding that the stock wires were barely good enough to get the job done. I also grounded it better.

I really like this mod. I love the DNA200, I like the battery life I can get out of three 18650's without having to shove some big 3,200mah 3S lipo into a box, the 510 is strong and conductive, easy to remove battery door, responsive buttons. But with the screen at risk and the wires undersized, that's a big no. Not everyone has the stones to tear apart their mod to fix it like I did and some others have, so I really hope Wismec gets these three things done.

Bigger wiring
Better sled ground
Ribbon cable fix

I already have a Reuleaux that's like this, and I'll say, it's more efficient on the batteries and I don't have to worry about random failure as much. I dig it. To anyone who has a Reuleaux, some 14-16awg wire, and some 22-24awg wire with a soldering iron/solder,  I recommend replacing the battery sled connection wires and the 510 wires, then the balance wires. Also, tighten that ground screw securely, I completely took it out and grounded it to solid metal, but, to each their own.

• 1 month later...

I have done this, as my devices cable WAS rubbing against the fire button when pressed. 

I added the S bend, but after, as you can see on page 1, the screen was not level, touching the front panel at the top, but had a hole in the bottom that juice could easily get in. 

So, I took it apart again, and after some careful repositioning, have the screen flush against the outer housing. 

Really glad I found out about this, as the Reuleaux is my favourite DNA200 out of the 4. 

Prolonging it's life is a priority, as I like it so much :).

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is already "old news" - but I thought I'd share some good news anyway.

I received my Reuleaux a week ago anticipating doing the screen ribbon fix. To my surprise...

The ribbon is not being compressed at all when I press the firing button - the ribbon seems to be shorter than on the pictures I've seen - stopping just short of the firing button. I was very sceptical so I spend at least 10-15 minutes with various lighting sources checking. Either it's been fixed or mine was assembled differently.

Board was programmed on November 7th. 

Anyone else with the same observation?

I'm very happy - I was very close to ordering a backup DNA200 screen just to be safe. No need anymore I guess.

Enjoy your devices ;-)

*Disclaimer*
I don't work for Wismec or have any financial interest in them. In fact I'm somewhat underwhelmed by the device - i much prefer my SDNA200 (... I don't work for SMY either). 

got mine xmas eve looked in escribe to find board program date and it was nov 12 / 2015  

factory had not done the fix when i got mine had to wait for fresh batch as everywhere was out of stock when i wanted mine 

didnt think i would receive it before xmas but i did thanks to the very fast turn around of the vendor i got it from  

fix was very quick and easy thanks to all the advice on here and else where  

a few days after i did my fix i had the front cover off again and added some tinted plastic 

here are my first and latest screen pics my_red_screen_Reuleaux_DNA.jpg  red_blue_DNA200_2.jpg

Okay, so I did this today, and while it was scary, it was quite fulfilling. Took me roughly 2 minutes to do, but the seating of the screen wasn't at par as to what was, hence I redid the whole thing thrice and now the button doesn't hit the screen cable! Thanks to everyone who shared their inputs and how-to's. To be honest I wanted to try this a couple of days back, but it seems that a little alcohol prodding to steel the nerves was required!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
VapingBad said:

Why risk taking your screen out and putting more folds in it [facepalm] , as I said earlier just put a bit of plastic between the cable and the button, I just got a Reuleuax today I did some pics.
[reuleaux_screen] 

I gently worked the plastic in between the wire and the switch from the direction of the arrow then trimmed the excess off.

Still working :D