DNA 250 board voltage step down?

Evo1340

I have been using dna's a while but just got my first DNA 250 Boxer mod. I am noticing serious voltage and wattage step down when I want more. I can't find settings to adjust this or find anything that states that this is something which can not be adjusted. If I have an RDA with dual coils at .2ohms and want 120watts, why can't I have it? Can someone point me in the right direction for the settings or info on this? I'd like to curve or get rid of the step down?
THANKS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason that you shouldn't be able to achieve your settings providing the board is receiving correct power battery wise. What battery/type powers your mod.
If I have this figured right (looking at the data sheet/output power) you should be able to hit around 175 watts with that build.

Well it's a Boxer v2 DNA 167 with the DNA 250 board. I just got it in a trade/cash deal and the guy left 2 LG HE4's in it. I don't know how old they are or how many cycles they have had so I am charging 2 new Samsung 25R's to try in it. When they are charged I'll see what happens.

ok, I'm still waiting on the new batts to fully charge. Then I'll see how it goes with those. I have been using LG HE4's mostly but have some Samsung 25r's to try now. I'm not one who builds extreme low ohm coils so I don't often use my LG HB6's which are a true 30amp battery. I'll keep looking to see if there are any settings for voltage step down. Thanks

I'm in the same boat.  I came from a v1.5 minikin that will fire just about anything so long as it's .08? or higher.  You can watch the battery meters sag horrendously when you are north of 100W and firing things that low.  But it WOULD fire without a change in the vape the whole way down until the batteries were down to about 3.2-3.3v IIRC.  

When I set up the DNA250/167.  I set the cut off around 3.2V and all was OK for a little while.  I noticed I was not able to run the batteries out as far and at times I would get a hesitation in power.  I thought perhaps it was just not reporting correctly and they were really low.  So I set the cut off to 3.5v.  It got worse.  When I put the batteries in the charger they were still showing 3.7v.  

Wait a damn second...

I then realized what a SOFT cut off was.  It wasn't a discharge limit.  And I was slamming into it when the batteries sag.  Mine sag just as hard.  I have 16ga silicone wires feeding the board and 14ga for the output.  I have LG's, Samsungs, and Sony's... and it makes no difference which ones are in there.  I have 12 brand new pairs and some older ones and again, there is absolutely no difference.  They all sag .6v. +/- .1v 

My question is where is my safety issue with voltage under load?  If I want to vape the batteries down to the built in discharge limit.  How low can I go?  The board, and battery sled are taped and epoxied into the case at this point.  It is, what it is, and I have lots of batteries.  

Is there a voltage under load threshold that I do not want to cross? 

The minikin v1.5 seemed to allow for the sag and just kept thumping away.  Those batteries compared to new ones, even after being used for months like that.  Honestly show no appreciable difference in life.  I have a lot, and they are mated sets, and I rotate through them evenly.  I am down to 2.7v in the soft cut limit and I still cannot empty a set of batteries before the DNA's voltage nanny steps in and annoys me to no end.  I have the watt/hrs set lower than the recommended capacity for the batteries that I am using to boot.  

I really want to drop it to 2.5v or lower. (Which I think was the original setting when I switched to 2 battery mode in escribe)  But I don't want to destroy batteries or blow myself up.  If my sag is about .6v then I need it that much lower than the resting discharge limit.  

Is there any danger? 

I have to admit I'm very limited in my understanding of battery capacity v load limits v discharge rates v soft cut off v why women think the way they do. My brain wants to shut down when it comes to math for some reason. I just don't quite understand why they put such a steep auto step down in the board.