blueridgedog

Common Problems

13 minutes ago, Wayneo said:

Hey Jack, might I suggest you upgrade to Escribe v2.x   I've been running v2 SP9 without any issues at all. Recovery Charging is really only for internal Lipo batteries, where the internal cells are out of balance. Yours are both showing 4.16v

I haven't seen those gaps before on pack voltage, mine are a solid line. Your screen cable, if not pinched, could just be soaked in juice, in sorta crooked, or even the hold down tab not fully closed. If you rip it apart, in the datasheet there's a picture of it and what's right and wrong. OR, you could open a ticket with evolv. 

Will do thank you I didn't even notice I wasn't using the current version. :)  

I've been trying to pop the carbon fiber off but I swear they used some kind of new not from this world bonding material, I've bent my spudger and 2 small screwdrivers already lol 

Time to bust out the old ladies hair dryer lol wish I had a heatgun !!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WickedJack said:

Yep ! Here you go 

Let me know if you would like anything else checked off 

Thank You :)

EDIT: These are the only 2 things that were already checked when I opened Escribe. I'm still figuring out how to use it obviously but if I may ask what is the option under Tool/Diagnostics, Perform USB Recovery Charging ? What does this do..? 

Escribe-Therion.jpg

Your screen shot shows the screen disconnected 163 times, likely the power button has pinched the flat screen cable. Below is a screen shot of one of mine, I used the windows "paint" program to point out the screen disconnect.

SS.JPG

19 minutes ago, WickedJack said:

Will do thank you I didn't even notice I wasn't using the current version. :)  

I've been trying to pop the carbon fiber off but I swear they used some kind of new not from this world bonding material, I've bent my spudger and 2 small screwdrivers already lol 

Time to bust out the old ladies hair dryer lol wish I had a heatgun !!

A lot of good stuff came out of Roswell LoL. Good luck! 

• Like 2

Wow ok so I hope I never have to do that again that glue is insane !

I snapped some pics and uploaded them to my Google Photo's if you have time could you please take a look at them and give your opinion. 

This mod has never been opened ! I made comments to some of the pics as well 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4GrKhQAQXataJy6w2

• Like 2

Excellent photos. I'd open a ticket with Evolv. Not only do they do warranty work for LV, they also stand behind their board. You'll work out fine. They usually turn around repairs very quickly. Board looked really clean, and they should have replacement board holders and screens.

EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add

Edited by Wayneo
Send photos as well
  • Like 2

Not sure what I did but since putting it back together the graphs are solid lines now so I guess I musta did some good lol 

Still black screen still works & fires can raise power thru Escribe so thinkin it must just be the screen ??