Let's see your 75's!

dwcraig1

smallcaps said:

Hi all. First time posting. Picked myself up an Elfin DNA 75 and loving it so far. Quite a change lugging around my Smok Cube ll. Googled DNA 75 and found this wonderful place. Now I want to build my own!

Where did you buy it?  I can't see them on sale anywhere yet.

This is my second Proto Vape, ERM, DNA75.  I used black buttons this time and have improved a battery sled for use in it.  The positive contact is an 1/8" brass disk soldered to a 1/16" brass plate.  The positive lead is soldered to the brass plate.  The spring has  1/16" brass disk attached.  A piece of braided, tinned, copper, shield is soldered to the disk and provides the negative power connection for the board.  There are no exposed contact points anywhere on the sled.  A pull ribbon makes battery changes very easy despite a tight battery holder.

Thanks, Chunky.

This is actually the second iteration of improvements to the sled, say version 1.0.2.  I'm not using this one, it's for the "war department", but I did try it out and got the basic setting in I think she'll be using.  The first one I modified, 1.0.1, only produces "weak battery" warnings when the battery is actually getting fairly weak, say 3.5 volts or so, and I think this one will be even better.  Looking at it in eScribe the sag was drastically reduced compared to the one I'm using.  Then again I'm running at higher powers with an Aromamizer and max air flow.

This is mine for now, the small one beside it is a DNA30 which I love and use all day.

Actually I am building another DNA30 with an analog Poti for the Wattage settings.

I made the DNA75 into a Golden Madrone wood block (carved by hand), it runs from two 18650 in parallel mode.

Hope you like it.

IMG_5574.jpg IMG_5587.jpg  IMG_5591.jpg  IMG_5594.jpg  IMG_5590.jpg 

walsc said:

This is mine for now, the small one beside it is a DNA30 which I love and use all day.

Actually I am building another DNA30 with an analog Poti for the Wattage settings.

I made the DNA75 into a Golden Madrone wood block (carved by hand), it runs from two 18650 in parallel mode.

Hope you like it.

IMG_5574.jpg IMG_5587.jpg  IMG_5591.jpg  IMG_5594.jpg  IMG_5590.jpg 

welcome @walsc. looks great. i'm a sucker for anything made with highly figured wood. reminds me of some really good AAA curly maple with a nice tung oil or hand rubbed wax. i'm currently on a search for some AAAA quilted maple blanks for a future mod. it will be my first wood mod, so we'll see how badly i can mar up a nice piece of wood!

Its mine :) ThinkVape BOX75
Really confy, the only con I got is that the coating is really fragile. I'm an OCD guy, and really take care of my all devices, but its really hard with this one... Except that, its a great stuff :)
20160713_105850.jpg 

Interesting. I'd like to know that ^^^ also. Are you working on version 2?

Thanks for the comments awsum140. Just depleted the first battery (VTC5) and no premature weak battery warnings. The battery showed 3.3v when put on charge.
Very pleased with the FD battery tube.

• 2 weeks later...