Preheat in Kanthal - It Works!

yoseff

to add to what @retird is suggesting. two tricks that work for me when the kanthal preheat csv won't work for me........ take note of base resistance and lower it a smidgen in atomizer analyzer, then lock it in (i keep lowering till it works, little by little). turn the punch up to 11. fwiw, this isn't real TC for Kanthal/nichrome. it's intended use is just for a preheat spike at the beginning of your vape.

[quote]Hi Guys,

It ain't working on my Triade - DNA200. Temp climbs as in TC mode but stops at the set power setting... Any clues ?[/quote]That is what is supposed to happen, it's working as intended. This is merely a guide for preheat in Kanthal mode, not postheat.

Preheat generally means the device will fire at a higher (depends on how the particular device/model is set) power burst than the set one for a short period of time at the start.

This workaround is allowing you to enable and customise (since the Evolv software allows it) Preheat in Kanthal.

I'm downloading the CSV file without problems, for anyone having issues though (many people in this thread seem to) -- the original post by @gorman explains simply how to easily implement it on your own device using only the Escribe software. You just need to create a flat temperature curve and change the point values by the minimum possible.

DISCLAIMER: PREHEAT IN KANTHAL CAN BE DANGEROUS! I in no way condone or suggest using preheat in Kanthal mode. The premise here is that high temperatures (even for a short period of time) can cause formation of toxic and carcinogenic chemicals in the vapor which you want to avoid (the reason temperature control was invented).

I understand how this can be an extremely useful feature in certain scenarios (high mass coils that are slow to heat up), however preheat in Kanthal can be unpredictable since there is no limit on the temperature. Use this method only if you know what you are doing, at your own knowledge and risk.