Preheat in Kanthal - It Works!

yoseff

Buhar Abi said:

Not Working... 

EScribe Versiyon - 1.2 SP5

VT75 Nano Versiyon - 2016-06-05

you may have to adjust the "punch", "preheat power", "time limit" and slightly adjust your "cold resistance" in EScribe. lock in a slightly lower resistance than what the device reads. for example,say your devices reads the coil at 0.145 ohms - lock in a resistance of 0.140 ohms or until the preheat begins to work.
  • Like 1

Ah, another thing.
It works! When the first time I set the csv and the profile, the preheat kicks in.
But, after the second time I connect my Therion 133 to escribe and try to change the preheat time to 0.75 second, the preheat didn't work. o.O
Already try to revert it back to 1 second and "trick" the DNA with "new coil" stuff and still no luck. :cry:

Is there any way to make the preheat work again?

Thanks!

Today I have bought a Therion 166 with DNA250 chip on it. I was using a non DNA device and I could use preheat (set to a certain watt for certain time) and had no problems with a Kanthal.

Just to use Temperature mode I have spent lots of money for a DNA device and I can not use Temp, mode on it >:( Also I can not use preheat function too!!!!!!! I am totally disappointed with DNA device. It is worthless with a Kanthal wire.. I have tried everything and it not working..... My ressistance is constant so I am sure problem is not with the atomizer or resistance..

At least tell me how to use preheat function please I need support in here :(

Hi...Kanthal is normally NOT a temperature control wire...however there is a way to cheat & get the preheat function to work with Kanthal...go back to the very first post in this thread...download the kanthal_preheat.ecigprofile...load it into one of the proiles in your device & you should be able to set up preheat for Kanthal...

giz_60 said:

Hi...Kanthal is normally NOT a temperature control wire...however there is a way to cheat & get the preheat function to work with Kanthal...go back to the very first post in this thread...download the kanthal_preheat.ecigprofile...load it into one of the proiles in your device & you should be able to set up preheat for Kanthal...

I've tried it and it's not working :( My decice is on SP5 firmware does it affect it? Please help me to activate preheat somehow :(

You will need to manually tweak the resistance until it works. To do so, you will also need to lock the resistance. You do this while your device is connected to escribe software. Example, my resistance is showing 0.23. I will then try 0.20, 21, 22 etc until it works. You can also start with 0.24, .25, etc. Read the whole thread, it contains all you need to get this working. HTH, Joel.

ejlover said:

I've tried it and it's not working :( My decice is on SP5 firmware does it affect it? Please help me to activate preheat somehow :(

ejlover said:

Today I have bought a Therion 166 with DNA250 chip on it. I was using a non DNA device and I could use preheat (set to a certain watt for certain time) and had no problems with a Kanthal.

Just to use Temperature mode I have spent lots of money for a DNA device and I can not use Temp, mode on it >:( Also I can not use preheat function too!!!!!!! I am totally disappointed with DNA device. It is worthless with a Kanthal wire.. I have tried everything and it not working..... My ressistance is constant so I am sure problem is not with the atomizer or resistance..

At least tell me how to use preheat function please I need support in here :(

You can use à SS wire that can be used in both watt and TC. Kanthal is not a TC wire. You can setup preheat as explained further below in another thread I just answered. There is a philosophy behind a DNA chip which explains why there is not a preheat functionality in the chip. If you search through the forum there is a thread talking about this. The DNA is a great chip, surely the best on the market that renders great flavour better than any other chip I have used (subjective statement based on my personal taste). Mind you, yihi chip I have not tried but only tested the TC on it from a friend and I do not like the "pulsing" it created while firing in TC mode. HTH, Joel.