bought a defective DNA 250C?

Alex999

Hello. A couple of months ago I bought a Think Vape Finder with DNA 250C. After a month, it became often
 did not turn on, I had to pull out the batteries many times, sometimes it took me 10 minutes to just turn it on (Then I found a way to turn it on faster, I need to turn on the micro USB into it and it will work immediately in 50% of cases).

Two weeks ago, the screen stopped working normally, there is nothing to explain, I will just show the photo.
I mean it works, but what happens to it is not normal. Is that a faulty board?

photo_2021-08-17_14-34-40.jpg

photo_2021-08-17_14-34-41.jpg

photo_2021-08-17_14-34-42.jpg

photo_2021-08-17_14-39-01.jpg

Resetting to factory settings did not help. I also installed the update that you sent, writes "check the battery". I did a reset back to the factory settings again. Everything works but the problem is not solved. Perhaps this update is not for my model?

For the actual function of the chipset, it is irrelevant from which mod the basic settings come. Here it is the factory settings of the Centaurus. The differences are - if made at all by the mod manufacturer - in the electrical correction values.

@Alex999 you never did say what Service Pack is on your mod. Needing to plug into the mod was an issue long ago that was fixed. You can see that in Device Monitor, bottom right hand corner.

That screen glitch, I think could be juice in/on the Zif connector that attaches the screen to the board. I'd remove it, then clean or reassemble. If that doesn't work I'd buy a new screen. Screens are not a warranty item.

Good luck.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Wayneo:

That screen glitch, I think could be juice in/on the Zif connector that attaches the screen to the board. I'd remove it, then clean or reassemble. If that doesn't work I'd buy a new screen. Screens are not a warranty item.

As far as I interpret the photos correctly, different fields, even different screens are displayed at the same time, which should not be displayed at the same time; It is therefore not a matter of a fault in the display, but of the control. The error can only be in the firmware, the theme, or directly in the chipset. You can actually exclude the connector from the board.

• Like 2

7 часов назад gwyar сказал:

Таким образом, проблема не в дисплее, а в системе управления. Ошибка может быть только в прошивке, теме или непосредственно в чипсете. Фактически можно исключить разъем из платы.

Я уверен, что твои мысли абсолютно верны. Модераторы обязаны отправить эти фото программистам Evolve. Только человек, знающий микропроцессорное строение доски ДНК и алгоритмы работы прошивки, сможет объяснить частное появление скрытых и неактивных полей. 

печать.jpg

Edited by zark
Некорректный перевод технических терминов
  • Like 2

16 минут назад Уэйнео сказал:

Я модератор, и мы не обязаны этого делать

Вас никто не пытается заставить, но это действительно, необычный случай. Обычным участникам форума трудно связаться с разработчиками, просто по причине отсутствия контактной информации (ИМХО). Но подобный баг должен быть изучен. Все мы хотим, в конце концов, иметь в руках идеальный и надёжный продукт. Опыт модераторов должен служить этой цели. 

печать.jpg

Edited by zark
Некорректный перевод технических терминов

14 minutes ago, zark said:

Nobody is trying to force you, but this is, indeed, an unusual case. Ordinary forum participants will not be able to contact the developers, simply due to the lack of contact information (IMHO). But such a bug should be investigated by the manufacturer. We all want, in the end, to have a perfect and reliable product in our hands. The experience of the moderators should serve this purpose.

Comrade, who do you think the 'Help Desk' is manned by? Evolv employees that can look at this thread (if they are told about it by him) and walk over to the developer(s). If they've seen this before or not, they will guide the user what to do.

A moderator would not add any value acting as a man in the middle.

• Like 2