Resample resistance when switching profiles?

TubThumper

On 4/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, Wayneo said:

@Jetro, no apologies or explanations necessary at all. I respect your and comrade @zark's input and ideas. I hope you are well.

I always support testing!

Stay well, stay safe, keep inspiring others. :cool:

Thanks for that. I started my Evolv adventure with the Darwin. After thinning out the herd I still have at least one still perfectly functioning mod with every board that Evolv produced. Except the Darwin. I gave that mod to my best friends wife. It helped her quit smoking. But I wish I had that stupid looking mod back!!! You know I really miss seeing Basil, Mike P, Jaquinth, Retird and others. I even miss Dr G because when he wasn't beating back the perceived trolls he had great posts Great times, days and people!

I am not an engineer. But I owned a machine shop that roughed exotic materials to shape for CNC shops. When you machine exotics ( stainless, incnonel , monel, and or hastaloy) you need an intimate knowledge of the materials properties. After I sold my shop in 92. I started programming, testing and diagnosing industrial controls. In 2002 by chance I got a client who's plant manufactured  liquid gasses including liquid hydrogen. I started working in the hydrogen plant with the temperature control issues that were causing process shutdowns and some smaller problems. These temperature controllers work very close to the same as the  Evolv boards in T/C. Feed back from a ptc resistance sensors to the boards controller. I have always admired how Evolv got that complex of a controller to fit in that small package Why this ramble? At this time I am writing a post that will try to explain why for any 300 or 400 series stainless steels there is no (NO) perfect tfr/tcr, maybe close ideal maybe but..., for that material. I you are a materials engineer let me know. I will pm you my post for review before I post it. My post in this thread  on the resistance rise irritates me to no end. I hope the stainless post will clear that up.

Regards...JT

ps; Working in that LH plant scared the carp out of me, and I aint easily skeered. This building where the controls were, sat in the middle of an approximate 1 square mile complex. That had a 2 mile thirty foot tall an 40 foot thick wall around it.  Making it about a 5 square mile site that was in the center of a huge industrial area. The idea of my atoms being found somewhere in the 10 or larger mile radius hole in the ground if that plant blew up.......it just was not very appealing at the least.

Tub Thumper,

I have theme done. I have it installed on a 75c and 250c and are basically doing bug checking. So far everything is working perfectly and there will be no issues.

I will post theme and a changes pdf tomorrow.

JT

I found something strange with the default themes. I have two default 250c themes one is from the first paranormal I got. It does not have a control for changing the material on the mod. The others one is from a later device and it has the control. The earlier theme has the wattage adjustment steps at .1 watt the later one is at 1 watt.

The theme I posted here is the earlier version that I have based all of my themes on, so it does not have the material select control. When doing the updated theme for Tub Thumper I added the option for the wire selection.....Strange

JT

If you start escribe without selecting a mod, you can choose to create a new one. The default theme there is the current default for each board type. I know there have been changes to the default over time. Some like the watt increment value has been mentioned in the release notes without fanfare. SP 15.1 was either from .1 to .5 or what you noticed IIRC ;)

1 hour ago, Wayneo said:

If you start escribe without selecting a mod, you can choose to create a new one. The default theme there is the current default for each board type. I know there have been changes to the default over time. Some like the watt increment value has been mentioned in the release notes without fanfare. SP 15.1 was either from .1 to .5 or what you noticed IIRC ;)

That is true. But when I got my first 250c Evolv had not released the software for replay . EScribe would open the mod that's how I got the theme. But both  EScribe and Theme Designer would error out and state "the firmware has features that the mod does not support" or something very similar. I wore out a mouse going to the site looking for the update.

JT

21 hours ago, Jetro said:

Thanks for that. I started my Evolv adventure with the Darwin. After thinning out the herd I still have at least one still perfectly functioning mod with every board that Evolv produced. Except the Darwin. I gave that mod to my best friends wife. It helped her quit smoking. But I wish I had that stupid looking mod back!!! You know I really miss seeing Basil, Mike P, Jaquinth, Retird and others. I even miss Dr G because when he wasn't beating back the perceived trolls he had great posts Great times, days and people!

Memories........ 😀      Yep I too started with the Darwin too and have a " herd" of one of each board....  still use the Darwin from time-to-time... 

As you said... "I really miss seeing Basil, Mike P, Jaquinth, Retird (that's me)and others. I even miss Dr G because when he wasn't beating back the perceived trolls he had great posts Great times, days and people!" 

Those were good times at ECF before Dr G got booted and some of us got grilled and investigated twice by ECF for false claims...... put a bad taste in our mouths' and I left ECF.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, retird said:

Heck I was even a Moderator for ECF but couldn't tell anybody... he-he 😁

Who knew there was a 'Retired' and a 'retird' moderator over there. Man, years ago I got sent my first and only ever warning and my post removed by 'retired'. I even asked you once @retird if that was you.

Moderator Edit: Juicy bits removed due to Rules 10 and 12 :angel: 

I still have that tank, pristine in its shrink-wrap if anyone wants a pic. (I was rebuilding those tiny Aspire BVC coils with SS) and didn't want to do other factory coils. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

Who knew there was a 'Retired' and a 'retird' moderator over there. Man, years ago I got sent my first and only ever warning and my post removed by 'retired'. I even asked you once @retird if that was you. There was a tank giveaway that many of us won. Sent by courier, so I had to pay ~$30 for duties, customs and delivery fees. Half the winners were whiners complaining. So I piped in and told them all the should know the laws of their own country and quit the whining. So retired hid my post and wrote stern words to me via PM. I belly laughed for hours, both at the users and his behaviours:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I still have that tank, pristine in its shrink-wrap if anyone wants a pic. (I was rebuilding those tiny Aspire BVC coils with SS) and didn't want to do other factory coils. 

"retired" was not me......

• Like 1

dwcraig, most of the time I thought of "G" as the proctologist. He could have such a crappy out look. But after you could pry info out of him, he had great posts.

retird, you better watch out, I might sneek in and get your Darwin. I tried to get mine back and got told "not out of my cold dead hand".  Memories, I never had an ECF account, but I was there every day trying to learn. You're posts were a great help, thanks. Those were fantastic times!

Wayneo, When I saw the thread  update emails this morning. I thought that Retird had let the cat out of the bag. But he says that he was not that moderator. I don' know about you, but I think he might be hiding his identity....................:yum:

Tub Thumper, I have to say sorry for hijacking you're thread, but the good times have been rolling!!

JT

Edited by Jetro
missing words

1 hour ago, Jetro said:

Wayneo, When I saw the thread  update emails this morning. I thought that Retird had let the cat out of the bag. But he says that he was not that moderator. I don' know about you, but I think he might be hiding his identity....................:yum:

JT

Cat out of bag?....  deleted info......  

You read it so now deleted to maybe not get banned from ECF....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wayneo said:

I even asked you once @retird if that was you.

Sorry about that. I missed the 'and you said it wasn't you' part. Almost had madness and mayhem running rampant here :joy: I checked over there, April 13, 2016 (Sounds like a Friday).

Moderator Edit: Juicy bits removed due to Rules 10 and 12 :angel: 

I'd put my hand up for abusive and aggressive (if they were children), but not the other two. OOPS, I think there's a rule about not quoting or posting PM's, and no bad mouthing moderators over there. If so, this message will self destruct. :joy::joy::joy:

7 hours ago, Jetro said:

Tub Thumper,

Here is the theme and a pdf showing the changes. It was easier to make the pdf than to make a wall text trying to explain.

Works great on the 75c and 250c. I hope this suits your needs.........

Enjoy,,,,JT

75c-250c 5w 10°.ecigtheme

Theme Changes in Pictures.pdf

1 hour ago, Jetro said:

Youse guys quit clogging the thread. Tub Thumper won't be able to find his theme.(:

JT

Many thanks Jetro!

Apologies I havent been able to access the forum recently but I have enjoyed reading the conversation here just now. By all means continue 🙂

I should have the opportunity this evening to get onto Escribe and I look forward to checking out your new theme above. Ill let you know my thoughts.

Thanks again!

37 minutes ago, TubThumper said:

Many thanks Jetro!

Apologies I havent been able to access the forum recently but I have enjoyed reading the conversation here just now. By all means continue 🙂

I should have the opportunity this evening to get onto Escribe and I look forward to checking out your new theme above. Ill let you know my thoughts.

Thanks again!

Hey my friend, no reason to say sorry, life happens. I was just harassing the moderators. If you look through the posts you can see how great  the old days were.

Yeah, let me know how it works out for you. I made a lot of changes. If you look at your original default theme, the second theme and the last one this should give you lots of ideas on how Theme Designer works and  how you can develop your own. Theme Designer is addictive once you figure it out. If you have any questions or comments good or bad. I will try my best to give you a correct answer.

JT

As an aside, Please do not worry about the time I take helping you, I took me about an hour to do the theme and pdf. Plus it gives me great pleasure just to think I'm helping a fellow vaper get a better vape. Thanks

Edited by Jetro

Tub Thumper,

I meant to tell you, I am going post on the properties of SS wire and why it is very hard to get the perfect TCR/TFR. I do not want to do this completely from memory, so I am researching a bit. The most difficult part of doing it will be not to make a wall of text. Unfortunately I won't be able to do the picture deal.................but check back in a week or so and check it out:)

JT

11 hours ago, Jetro said:

Hey my friend, no reason to say sorry, life happens. I was just harassing the moderators. If you look through the posts you can see how great  the old days were.

Yeah, let me know how it works out for you. I made a lot of changes. If you look at your original default theme, the second theme and the last one this should give you lots of ideas on how Theme Designer works and  how you can develop your own. Theme Designer is addictive once you figure it out. If you have any questions or comments good or bad. I will try my best to give you a correct answer.

JT

As an aside, Please do not worry about the time I take helping you, I took me about an hour to do the theme and pdf. Plus it gives me great pleasure just to think I'm helping a fellow vaper get a better vape. Thanks

10 hours ago, Jetro said:

Tub Thumper,

I meant to tell you, I am going post on the properties of SS wire and why it is very hard to get the perfect TCR/TFR. I do not want to do this completely from memory, so I am researching a bit. The most difficult part of doing it will be not to make a wall of text. Unfortunately I won't be able to do the picture deal.................but check back in a week or so and check it out:)

JT

Wow I cant thank you enough for all of this!

I just downloaded the theme and PDF now and am having fun playing around with it. Im finding it very easy to navigate and has all the functionality it would seem I might ever need. Theres also a couple of small touches that I quite like, such as removing the date and time from the main screen and replacing it with the battery voltage. The clock was always such a useless feature for me personally and would always require resetting (especially first thing of a morning, having left the battery removed overnight). 

There are a few minor things that if I was being fussy I might look to modify to my personal taste. Perhaps Ill use this is as a good excuse to try my hand in experimenting further with the theme designer!

I really appreciate your all your help here, not to mention the theme and guide on using it! In Australia we call a box of what is usually 24-30 beers a "slab", and seeing as we are likely on opposite ends of the world and the real thing is not feasible, I would like to offer a slab of the finest eBeers for you kind sir! 🍻

Ill be sure to keep an eye on the forum for your upcoming post. Sounds like something of great value to me and I always look forward to learning more.

Tub Thumper,

When I started using theme designer, I downloaded several themes from the theme park under downloads on this site. To study how other people were doing things. I would recommend downloading a theme from Frank65 and Sir Timothy Timbit imho these two people were master theme writers. a lot to be learned from them too. Yes sir, modify that theme as much as you want, the purpose of me doing it was two fold. One was to give you a theme that suited you're testing and two to give you a decent starting point for making a theme that is "your theme".

One of the things that made it hard to do, actually two. Was the lack of documentation from Evolv and the lack of art. I do not know if you have already done so. I posted all of the art I have collected and made a couple of small picture tutorials on how to resize and change the color of the pictures (the color change info also works on text too). Under Resources my post "Theme Art" has my art, rgb color charts for making custom colors and an "alt" codes chart for when pressing the keyboards alt key you can type symbols like ohms, degrees etc. Zark also posted his art in the thread. That was very nice of him! Also I made instructions of how to transfer the art to your theme designer installation.

I recommend when modifying a theme making a copy of the theme renaming it and modifying the copy that way if you bork something you can compare what went wrong to the original.

Ah yes the clock. I am sure you have many devices to remind you of the time. After crossing 65 years I really do not want to know the time. It goes by so fast that the clock always seem wrong...lol.  In the  themes I am going to post soon there is no clock on the lock screen just a picture. If the battery is low, if its charging or using the power bank on the 250c the picture is replaced with screens that reflect those conditions.

Until someone tells me to stop, I will be posting picture tutorials and a couple tools to help with themes. These post will be in the resources section under Themes and Custom Screens and Manuals, Instructions and Tutorials. Look there on and off as well. I do these in picture tutorials for two reasons. The picture/s can be just copied off the screen and pasted in an info / theme notes folder on the p/c (mac) for reference. The other, for me it is quick and easy to do.

I'm in America but I really like Australian eBeers so post them here. I'll be sure to get them quickly so they don't go flat.

The Best....JT

0 lock screen pic web post.png

8 hours ago, TubThumper said:

Wow I cant thank you enough for all of this!

..... The clock was always such a useless feature for me personally and would always require resetting (especially first thing of a morning, having left the battery removed over night.

Yes I agree with you on the usefulness of the clock. If you used it you would find that it loses time and has to be reset every few days anyway.

It is a great idea for safety to remove the batteries.

When releasing their boards Evolv makes user safety a Very high priority. At this point I do not have any mods that do not have an Evolv board. Not trying to change you're safety procedure here.........

The only time I remove the batteries is when I know that the mod will not be used for a while. Especially the 200, 250 and 250c mods, they have small rings around the positive terminals to keep the batteries from making contact if they are installed wrong. These rings unless you are extremely careful when removing the batteries will tear the battery wrap at the positive end. Unless you have battery wraps on hand the battery will be too dangerous to use making it trash. Because of the removal issue I also charge the batteries in the mod. Some Lost Vape 75c mods have the protection rings as well.

There are a lot of internet postings on how dangerous it is to use the charging feature on the mod. Advising never to do it. After tracing out the Evolv charging circuit and finding the info on the components they use. I took my Xtar VP-4 and Dragon chargers apart to compare the circuits. Compared to the Evolv circuitry I found the chargers design to be quite a joke in comparison. Paper based board material vs fiberglass. Cheap no name electrolytic capactors vs ceramic indrustrial spec. caps. etc. An opinion again: I think it is safer to use the Evolv charger over the sub standard China chargers. (For others this my opinion, I will stand by my opinion and will not discuss nor argue the point.)

In the past I have had a few Chinese mods with China boards. In one way or the other they all died young. I was trying to save money by not buying a similar Evolv equipped mod. This was false economy.

The last China boarded mod I had was a "Pioneer for You" IPV-4. One night the mod started auto firing. It basically melted into a puddle of crap after the batteries went into thermal runaway and vented. The venting was the noise that woke me up. There was no fire in the house because the mod was on a ceramic topped table. But the table was ruined. (a $2000.00 dollar loss.) It took months to get the smell out of the house. To this day if the house is open and the humidity gets high, you can still smell it in that room.

Not wanting to sound like a "fan boy". In the past I have owned 50ish Evolv mods starting with the Darwin. I have never seen one of them with a dead board much less catch on fire. I have had to have two boards replaced on rma due to screen issues. Evolv replaced one of the boards that was a year out of warranty, no questions asked. I also had to have a 250c board replaced on rma because it would not wake up from deep sleep. This mod (a250c Finder) was three days out of warranty again replaced with no question. Tell me the name of any other manufacture that does this. If you want have Zero fun try getting just a warranty claim much less a resolution on a JoyTech mod. You will run in circles until you trip over your own feet and give up. Evic 75 I am looking at you.

After reading this. I seem to give good reasons to leave or charge the batteries in the mod and not to. No I am not confused. I want to present what I have experienced in the past to help others make decisions based on knowledge, not here say.

Enjoy....JT

Edited by Jetro
clairification
  • Like 2

11 час назад, Jetro сказал:

Это хорошая идея для безопасности, чтобы удалить батареи.

Я использую Triade 250c  более 1,5 года, за это время я ни разу не вынимал батареи из мода, использую блок питания мощностью 4,2A

При этом часы показывают время +2 минуты за 1 месяц, батареи (Samsung Q30) имеют идеальный баланс +/- 0,002 V и хорошую продолжительность жизни. За это время был один аварийный случай, когда при сильной разрядке батареи я делал vape при подключенном шнуре USB (это вызвало перегрев платы и сообщение об ошибке), после чего я добавил в свои темы отображение температуры платы при стрельбе. 

Считаю зарядный модуль Evolv близким к идеалу и совершенно надежным.

Печать.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zark said:

Я использую Triade 250c  более 1,5 года, за это время я ни разу не вынимал батареи из мода, использую блок питания мощностью 4,2A

При этом часы показывают время +2 минуты за 1 месяц, батареи (Samsung Q30) имеют идеальный баланс +/- 0,002 V и хорошую продолжительность жизни. За это время был один аварийный случай, когда при сильной разрядке батареи я делал vape при подключенном шнуре USB (это вызвало перегрев платы и сообщение об ошибке), после чего я добавил в свои темы отображение температуры платы при стрельбе.

Считаю зарядный модуль Evolv близким к идеалу и совершенно надежным.

Печать.jpg

Zark,
I agree 100% about the quality of the boards. They are ideal. Being able to make themes and use EScribe is the icing on the cake.

I use a 4.0 amp power supply to charge with. I use Samsung 25S batteries in the 250c mods. These batteries have a lower capacity, but a higher CDR. I use the 30Q in the 75c they are very good batteries. They would be a great choice in either 75c or 250c. Like your mod the voltages stay stable at +/- .001v to .003v, normally .002v on average, cell difference.

I have used Dicodes 2380. It has very smooth T/C. But it is a pain to adjust.

A friend has the Star Plat 60 or 50, I am not sure of the number. It has been very good for him. I wanted build a mod with Star Plat but did not buy a chip and do it. Maybe some day. What do you think of Star Plat boards? Am I correct these boards are made in Russia, Yes?

JT

• Like 1

14 часа назад, Jetro сказал:

Правильно ли, эти доски сделаны в России, да?

Я живу в Украине (это не Россия)!!!

И я не занимаюсь созданием авторских модов.  Считаю, что это дорого и бессмысленно. Превзойти дизайн известных производителей практически не реально (если Вы не имеете цеха с дорогим оборудованием и командой технологов и инженеров). В результате собственного изготовления мода Вы получите устройство, ядром которого является плата с характеристиками заложенными изготовителем плат. Следовательно вся работа над собственным дизайном будет зависеть от выбранной платы на характеристики которой Вы повлиять не сможете.

Я не могу похвастаться наличием большого количества устройств для вейпинга (в нашей нищей стране это слишком дорого для большинства), но я пытаюсь досконально изучить свой мод, понять физические и химические процессы, создать тему на русском языке которая бы удовлетворяла большинство пользователей и имела бы максимальный функционал и удобство.

Я работаю сварщиком, но имею инженерное образование. Мне понятны многие нюансы в программировании Escribe и принципы работы алгоритма DNA, но я еще слишком далек от своей цели, по этому этот форум необходим для получения свежих идей и обмена опытом!

Печать.jpg