Replace DNA200 with DNA75

drewk1

I have a Lavabox mod with the DNA200 board in.

Due to the lack of replacement batteries its currently unusable.

I wonder if I could replace the board with a DNA75 board and run of a single 18650?

I've downloaded the 3d models of both boards and am going to see if its physically possible but am I

wasting my time .

Any suggestions welcome or if anyone knows of a source of a battery ( UK )

Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2019 at 4:28 PM, drewk1 said:

I can't find one anywhere.

Out of stock most places that will ship to the UK

Pity I never saw this post until now, Overlander Batteries in the UK did sell a 900mah 11.1volt 35C Lipo specificaly for use in the DNA200, they had several in stock but have since just prior to Christmas 2019 sold out. You could chase them up though. Also as long as you have the specs ie 900mah 11.1volt 30/35C and the size of the battery most RC hobby shops will be able to source one for you 😎 Going by the specs this should be your battery, if the dimensions are correct you might only need a connector change. Its also a fullymax battery just like the original. I bought one and have it running in my VShark Dna200. I changed the connectors for bullet ones though. Also had to remove the clear sleeve, then remove the extra packing on the ends of the battery and re sleeve the battery with heat shrink, you can pick up the stuff from RC hobby shops. If your lava box is bigger than a Vshark 200 box you may not have to do that process. https://www.overlander.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/1311/s/900mah-3s-11-1v-35c-lipo-battery-overlander-supersport-pro/category/445/

Edited by Buellbloke