Think Vape Finder DNA250C issues

franticseven

I bought one last year after my Realeaux died, can't say that I was taken by the screen, menu, changes to the accessibility of e-scribe and the way that (this  particular mod at least) the new/old  coil recognition made burning in a Kanthal/Ni-Chr coil so damned difficult.

A few hours on escribe and at best its certainly nowhere near as good as the 200 it was supposed to replace.

So two more of my old dna200s have since died and I'm back to using this POS,the issues ...

it reads under on resistance, constantly but won't register the correct res even if the atty is removed and re-set.

it lags, even in boost it'll show resistance, power setting but no voltage : it ttakes a couple of presses to get it firing. Kanthal or TC,  reminds me of the vtc-minis inability to set its base resistance .

Batteries are new K-sony vtc-5s, battery profile was set, 510 is clean

Earth-negative issues  or really truly a bad mod and strangled board?

1 hour ago, franticseven said:

it reads under on resistance, constantly but won't register the correct res even if the atty is removed and re-set.

YOU need to read and set the resistance in each profile you're using that coil. New coil, or not

That alone might fix the majority of your issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 2:23 PM, Wayneo said:

YOU need to read and set the resistance in each profile you're using that coil. New coil, or not

That alone might fix the majority of your issues.

as I said   'it reads under on resistance, constantly but won't register the correct res even if the atty is removed and re-set.'

yes I get that bit, you have to confirm the resistance of each coil new or old; unlike the DNA200 which  usually automatically reads and sets the base resistance if its within the pre-defined % perameter. Also  if you fire-remove the atty,  put the warm TC coil back on the DNA200  you're asked new/old.

The TVF 250/300C doesn't appear to allow any deviation, burn and pinch  in a Kanthal or NiChrome coil and when the resistance changes...it asks new or old resistance.

Must be a PITFA nanny/safety feature for newbs who simply screw in a new throwaway coil and never learnt to check new builds for shorts on a tester?

But my issue is that it lags, compared to other DNAs it reads a lower resistance AND appears to waver AS IF it cant differentiate between actual and displayed. A base resistance error?

Escribe shows no atomiser instability, theres no unbalanced sag under load, coils are twisted .30 ( 0.23 ohm SS316 & 0.35 ohm NiCr ) so not super low or overly heavy.

So ? Weak solder..loose earth.... iffy fire button..  510?...software...board? A dismal mod?

or cockpit trouble? ... just kidding😊........ but I like to vape simple and only use throw away coils and Notch Coils.... been through the gambit in the 9 years I've been vaping and we each should vape what and how we like... and should hesitate throwing barbs like "  PITFA nanny/safety feature for newbs who simply screw in a new throwaway coil and never learnt to check new builds for shorts on a tester" .... surely you were jesting.....

Hope you get it figured out..... 😊

• Like 1

The colour boards operate differently compared to the non colour boards. After working out hotspots, etc. as I already said, re-read the atty while on the mod (Kanthal/NiCr). How much of a lower resistance and what kind of atty with that NiCr coil? I'm hoping you're checking stability using 'Atomizer Analyzer'?

What do you mean it lags?

What version of firmware is on your mod?

PS It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff in your posts. And that was four (4) questions I asked.

13 hours ago, retird said:

or cockpit trouble? ... just kidding😊........ but I like to vape simple and only use throw away coils and Notch Coils.... been through the gambit in the 9 years I've been vaping and we each should vape what and how we like... and should hesitate throwing barbs like "  PITFA nanny/safety feature for newbs who simply screw in a new throwaway coil and never learnt to check new builds for shorts on a tester" .... surely you were jesting.....

Hope you get it figured out..... 😊

lol I don't ask for help or cry foul if I haven't gone over and over the problem. Very true...often it is the idjut with the finger on the button.

Many a true word said in jest, I was a 'newb' made mistakes but sometimes safety features can be a little over protective?

Been vaping coming up for six years, passsed the 'bug' through the family. Also appear to be the only one that can be bothered to make his own coils and doesn't walk around with loose batteries in his pocket

2 hours ago, Wayneo said:

The colour boards operate differently compared to the non colour boards. After working out hotspots, etc. as I already said, re-read the atty while on the mod (Kanthal/NiCr). How much of a lower resistance and what kind of atty with that NiCr coil? I'm hoping you're checking stability using 'Atomizer Analyzer'?

What do you mean it lags?

What version of firmware is on your mod?

PS It's hard to separate the wheat from the chaff in your posts. And that was four (4) questions I asked.

I'm full of chaff 🤣perhaps you should drop the bold type, its condescending and instead of Hello or I'm sorry I don't understand your post....simply open with:

th.jpg.289efb96a491109b47a0ffb907b7258e.jpg

yes I use the Atomiser Analyzer and a nice big chunk of threaded copper to check the internal resistance

Steamcrave V2, new decks tried, new screws, clean 510

between 0.06 and 0.09, so maybe 20-25% of the displayed resistance?

lags, hesitates, is slow to fire, like having flat batteries  or the wrong resistance locked in. Shall I ....um.....errr.........fire?  FIRE!

As previously said it reminds me of the V1 software on the Evic mini, there was a widespread issue where the mod wouldn't hold a constant base resistance. Hot-cold firing. Vigorously denied / ignored by Joyetech of course.

Each time I've had a play with the mod I've uploaded the latest version offered by E-scribe.  Currently 1.1 V38 international

Edited by franticseven

Hi VB.

The attty 510 screws and positive posts are clean and tight, one of the first things I checked. I've got 5 of them in clean rotation  and spare decks., Other DNA mods read the slightly higher resistance with the same atomisers.  My thought is that the initial base reading being false is confusing the mod ie ; in TC the 'true' res is already over the dynamic throttle point.

Cant work out why its lagging/misfiring  in power mode too, only pulling 12A

BTW There's no need for boost and preheat is disabled so TC isn't overheating and throttling too quickly,

Poor connections between the cells and board need to be ruled out. You should be able to get your full power setting in non TC until your cells sag to below the  Cell Soft Cutoff.

The misfiring , does that happen when using EScribe to fire it?

Would you post a snippet like this one? 

cell sag.JPG