DNA 250c not showing Temperature protected in Ti Wire

Hi everyone,

I am facing some problem with my DNA 250c. I am using it since 4 days. My build is Atomisere-"Berserker MTL  RTA", Coil- " SSVTi 5wrap 0.6gg". I installed some of my old metirials in my mod like,  my triade lost vape dna 250.  That time I used same coil and I never get any dry shot because of it shown me the Temp protected msg. Now in my 250c its not showing any temp proteced msg and i am getting dry shot. I am giving some necessary attachment below, plz help me with this issue.

Thanks & brgs

Rafsan

Atomizer analyzer.jpg

Device Monitor.jpg

Escibe Profile.jpg

Edited by Rafsan
Miss Pressed Enter button.

From the screenshots it looks like the temperature you have set is being met with no excessive over-shoot....  you might unlock the ohm's.... I guess you checked your wicking...

In Theme Designer does it have the following marked in red?   If not then add it and upload....

Untitled.thumb.png.44f7edd0df56a6aa9df9aff41a4c4273.png

Hi retird,

Thanks for your reply.

Here I unlocked ohm and my theme was as like you given Temp protected msg. I attached those images, & I am sad to let you know its still not working. Mean when my cotton became dry and I give a shot then its become a dry shot without shoing any temp protected  msg. Now could you plz give me a proper solution how it will show temp protected msg with this temp sensing coil.

Thanks

theme.jpg

Escibe Profile.jpg

Try turning down the pre-heat....  and you have temp set to 301C (574F).....  That pretty high temperature....  have you tried a different atty with a different coil? Do you get the same results.... have you checked for hot spots in the coil and is the coil spaces and not a contact coil?  

Let me check further on your temp protect discussion and I'll get back to you.... others may chime in also....

A good forum member reminded me about a post made on May 4 and may help....:

Some of you may have seen some of my posts about the “temp protect” message which was standard on most DNA boards before the COLOR versions. Since I liked it, and have been unable to ever see it on my DNA75C, I wrote James (Evolv), he is what he said:

“Interesting, looking at the code you're right.  Temp Protected only throws on Color as an error for overshoot/out-of-control and Ohms out-of-range. I don't have it operating as a warning. I've added that option to my To-Do list.”

So perhaps the posters problem is related to one of those other errors. I vape TC all the time, I’m sure I’ve hit my temperature, but have NEVER seen a TP message on my color mod. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

i cannot see this message either. i saw it once by luck, and i lost it.

i tried dry hit, and it burned wick, isn't it supposed to not burn it? i am confused, what is wrong with it? even without wick, only ss coil, coil gets hot while i fire. post screws tightly screwed, nothing seems wrong.  

11 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Is that with a wet wick or no wick at all?

Preheat looks to be high, turn it down of off.

wet wick. but coil's form was not very good, but it does not changes anything because i get same result with better formed coils.

preheat on, punch 5. i will try with another atomizer now and without preheat.

even i try to fire without wick, i never see temp controlled, it fires and coil gets hot. this means something is wrong but what is it...

35 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

Is that with a wet wick or no wick at all?

Preheat looks to be high, turn it down or off.

here we go.. another atomizer, better wiring, no pre-heat no wick and no juice. it still fires. no temp-protected warning or does not stop firing.

a3.png

Edited by arvelo

11 hours ago, dwcraig1 said:

Here is one of mine firing dry. Don't expect to see the temperature message on the screen as that isn't going to happen on a color board.

On yours and my dry fire power starts at 25 watts and drops to 1.25 watts, temperature protection is working as it should.

dry.png

both ss look similar. i saw "temp protected" once, i couldn't understand why and how that happened. i thought it would stop firing when there was no liquid, or rather i knew so, i guess it is normal for it to heat the wire. so we can say that there is no problem then?

@arvelo The only thing NOT working is the message showing you've reached the Temperature limit, but you certainly DID reach the limit you set with SS wire in this Ti01 thread.

See that almost vertical red line that then flatlines in both of your first 2 screenshots?
See your green power/watts line that then plummets?

That's your mod keeping your coil at the temp you set limit

• Like 1