Pete1burn

"Throttling"

Recommended Posts

Been running the test firmware with SS316L TC for a few hours with no temp protect messages, would normally have had several by now. Will post an update in a day or 2 after more extensive testing.

Thanks for trying to fix this for us, replay is nice but not what I bought a DNA mod for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably unconnected, but I had a similar problem using Replay. The power kept switching off and on through the vape. It was jumping all over the place.

It only happened with the one atty, so I knew it wasn't the board.

The atty was the Vandy Vape Triple 2, so a fairly crowded deck with 3 coils. I had carelessly added an extra wrap to one coil.

I removed the extra wrap and all was good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, to update... going by the puff counter it took 729 puffs before I hit a "throttling" message, at 886 now with no recurrence. Keep in mind I had gone over all the soldering as a first attempt to find a solution, with this version of the theme (I customized gauges to have some different default fields and to re-link the info icon on the main screen to the graph screen) I'm using now I was getting as many as 4 in 10 puffs interrupted with rare longer gap of 20-30 puffs with no issue. Because of that 1 puff I can't say it's 100% fixed, but for me at least it's far far better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joeblowma said:

Well, to update... going by the puff counter it took 729 puffs before I hit a "throttling" message, at 886 now with no recurrence. Keep in mind I had gone over all the soldering as a first attempt to find a solution, with this version of the theme (I customized gauges to have some different default fields and to re-link the info icon on the main screen to the graph screen) I'm using now I was getting as many as 4 in 10 puffs interrupted with rare longer gap of 20-30 puffs with no issue. Because of that 1 puff I can't say it's 100% fixed, but for me at least it's far far better.

I agree that it is better, but it's certainly not fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 10:50 AM, James said:

If you are encountering the issue mentioned in this thread -- spurious Temperature Protetected messages when using a high-CPU theme like Gauges, with a low-Tcr material [, and possibly, high Preheat settings... any of these three could cause the problem on their own, but it's much less likely] -- when using Temperature Protection but not Replay, and would be willing to try an experimental firmware, give one of these a go:

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/DNA250Color_v1_1_SP38_US_test.sw-service (US Edition)

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/DNA250Color_v1_1_SP38_INT_test.sw-service (International Edition)

This won't help if your problem is related to your 510 connector or electrical grounding.

Anyway, let me know how it works for you, if you run into any new bugs, etc. Thanks!

Is there any fix for the 75c? My 75c has the exact same issue.  I just applied this pack to my 250c, we'll see how it goes. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE! So I was having the issue most with my Innokin Ares.

I just used the Ares for three days and only hit temp protection once. I did also get a "check atomizer" warning, but I have no clue what caused that.

I now have my HugsVape Lotus on with a dual-coil 30awg SS316L simple round wire build ohming out to 0.9361, and I'm vaping it at 480*F and 40W with the airflow set to half open. Now, I've only been using it for a few hours, but so far, I haven't hit temp protection at all. I'll update again in a few days, but for me it does indeed seem to be fixed...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting thread.

So it seems that the themes actually make things worse?

I've had the temp protect issue all evening and never once linked it to a theme. Going to try the firmware posted here to see if that helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Darkstar_ said:

Interesting thread.

So it seems that the themes actually make things worse?

I've had the temp protect issue all evening and never once linked it to a theme. Going to try the firmware posted here to see if that helps. 

 

I think it was a false correlation, but we had no real info from evolv on what the actual issue was. Playing with themes never had an impact on the occurrence of the error for me.

Side note, 9 days since installing this service pack and i've had zero temp protects.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pw82 said:

I think it was a false correlation, but we had no real info from evolv on what the actual issue was.

I think he added a bit of info on that beta test firmware post at some point after, noticed late last night...

Quote

spurious Temperature Protetected messages when using a high-CPU theme like Gauges, with a low-Tcr material [, and possibly, high Preheat settings... any of these three could cause the problem on their own, but it's much less likely]

I'm a bit dubious about the 'high cpu theme', as I pretty much castrated the gauges theme to do nothing on the main screen and it was still an issue. Either way, 2398 puffs later I've had it occur 3 times, 729/924/981. Yes, I checked and wrote it down each time it happened because it's happening so rarely now. So... much better than it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so... I have my HugsVape Lotus with a dual coil SS430 Clapton build on it. Yesterday, I hit temp protection from cold and couldn't vape at all. Reread the ohms, however, and it started working perfectly and hasn't happened again. 

The experimental firmware is working well, but clearly it's not a 100% perfect fix.

That said, thank you Evolv for actually acting on and dealing with this issue. Also, I don't have a 75c (although I may get a squonk mod with it if I can't find a 250c squonk I like... I'm not too impressed with things I've heard about Lost Vape, but I also have a retail job and a lot of bills I have to pay, so the less I have to pay for a good DNA C squonk mod, the better...), but it looks like y'all should port the firmware over to the 75c, as well... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after using the other posted firmware I had no issues. Yet today as soon as I change my coil, it starts to happen again.

No reason behind it. Tank can be full of juice or nearly empty. Be charging or not.

I have no idea what causes it and it's really annoying as I paid (what I consider) a lot of money for this and I have to use it in wattage mode going forward.

 

Here is a normal puff

316437829_NormalPuff.thumb.png.3986707c61f6960f05510eeaff995817.png

 

Here is "temp protect"

199786375_TempProtect.thumb.png.e30d1ecd48455a88edf205e1256e9533.png

Doesn't show me anything I can work off.

Edited by Darkstar_
Images added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 4:50 PM, James said:

If you are encountering the issue mentioned in this thread -- spurious Temperature Protetected messages when using a high-CPU theme like Gauges, with a low-Tcr material [, and possibly, high Preheat settings... any of these three could cause the problem on their own, but it's much less likely] -- when using Temperature Protection but not Replay, and would be willing to try an experimental firmware, give one of these a go:

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/DNA250Color_v1_1_SP38_US_test.sw-service (US Edition)

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/DNA250Color_v1_1_SP38_INT_test.sw-service (International Edition)

This won't help if your problem is related to your 510 connector or electrical grounding.

Anyway, let me know how it works for you, if you run into any new bugs, etc. Thanks!

I had spurious Temp. Protect messages with the stock theme, and wandering thru the forum, found a topic of how to properly set mod ohms,  shorting with big wire.

I can say I synced my favorite tank with the mod, in this process I discovered that the central screw on the tank is not tight enough, and it's a little short, can grab two or three threads inside.

Before tank repair, I had a temp. protect annoyingly,  when I replaced him with the longer one and tighten fairly, I had a temp. protect here and there nothing extreme.

And after SP 38 nothing, nada working flawlessly.

So checking your contacts, it is a big one.

I don't know how to refer on heavy theme\ temp.protect, because I deleted some screens.
simplified and personalized the theme as much as possible.
Many toggles and other stuff as graf etc.
left just for escribe, btw who can see all this on that screen. (no need for big screen stay stealth as much as possible (just my opinion))

In another word Replay and watts is the way to go, and I'm heavy TC user and don't use Reply to much.
Maybe I like to play with it a little.

So SP 38 INT. EDI. has a green light for me. Opinion after a month or two of using it.
Sorry on my Eng it is not my mother tongue, and thanx for the fix\update.

Cheers

Edited by Quipu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now