I'm despondent.  I literally am beside myself.  I have been vaping for over 3 years now, and ever since the first time I heard of the product DNA mod, I coveted them, I wanted one bad - for over a year, I wanted one so so bad.  Finally, black friday of 2017 came, and I found myself in the position to be able to finally afford not just any DNA, but a DNA 250!  I got a great black friday deal on it, even with expedited shipping from DHL, the total cost was right around $100;  which is still an extremely expensive mod, but atleast at a price that i could manage, and it's a DNA so it must be worth it, right?  I've babied this VTBox250 from Vapecige, it's never once even so much as been dropped.  What do I get for my persistent deal hunting, and patience, and over twice the price of a mod that can do essentially the same thing?  Heartache, That's what.  If you do a search for VTBox250 in these forums, there are only a dozen or so posts, but guess what the topic of nearly every singe one is?  You guessed it, Battery Problems.   This all started just a couple of days ago when I put my mod on a charger overnight and awoke to find that it hand't even charged half way, and not only that it didn't have the "I'm charging" lightning bolt symbol inside the battery.  Sigh.  Surely it's the micro usb cord - no problem, I only have about 50 different micro USB cables of various lengths and styles and tried just about all of them, to little avail.  Sure I would connect it and it would seem as if it were charging, but as soon as the screen went blank, I could touch any button to relight the screen and clearly see that it wasn't charging at all.  I'm really upset at this point, and I start to googling, but all I really come up with are the escribe forums.   I hadn't messed with escribe very much - well, for this exact reason, I didn't want to mess anything up.  But I followed the suggestions of a few patrons about resetting the defaults and reloading the latest firmware.  

Yet the problem persists.  Using the device monitor, I can see that the 3 cells of the battery arin't quite right, cell 1 and 2 were find, right around 4v and identical, but cell 3 was running closer to 3.5 volts.  I reset defaults, renewed firmware, everything anyone suggested to help solve similar problems.  I even did a recovery charge, which for whatever reason is logged with escribe, but hey, it wasn't charging anyway, so I tried several times.  Now, just a few hours later, cell 3 - which was reading 3.68 or so, now according to the device monitor, is at 0.01 Volts...Cell's one and two are now at 3.99.  Wonderful, thank you for draining my device escribe software.  So now here I sit broken hearted, my coveted DNA 250 was all just a bunch of hype.   I've contacted both Vapecige and Escribe and explained what was happening, and someone had better either have a solution for me or send me a new mod, because this shouldn't be happening to a mod less than 4 months out of the box.  Ugh I'm just completely disgusted that after spending a pretty penny that a quality product is not what I end up with.  If anyone suggests changing the battery pack, I may just take this currently useless brick and sling it as far into the woods as I can - because this is MOST DEFINITELY a manufacturer defect, considering the only info you find on the model is people with battery problems.  I'm just so depressed - attached is a picture of the device monitor as it stands right now, plugged into the computer and should be charging....sigh .....

Device Monitor.jpg

I feel your pain brotha. I complained to both evolv and to VapeCige - still no word from vapecig but Evolv granted me an RMA so I priority mailed the mod to evolv yesterday for repair.... Hopefully - see the RMA came with a list of caveats so long that I'm sure there is plenty of wiggle room to get out of fixing it if they decide they don't want to.  So that's it fingers crossed that they ship it back quickly and in working order. You know the funny thing is I've been forced to use my smok alien mod and other than being the third of the size, half the weight, and it has removable batteries I can't tell a bit of difference between the two. I know what would make a big difference though, if they sent me a brand new working mod - if that happens then my faith in DNA has been restored and I'll be a believer and advocate again, because I know that smok would never do that.. customer service is key since I get my DNA mod back and it's not in working order then I will scream from the rooftops that DNA is a bunch of hype and overpriced nonsense.  I guess if I was using temperature control would be different but watt for watt I really can't tell a big difference. 

Did not wish to start a new thread on basically the same topic, but I have a very similar issue.. I have (3) VTBox250's, two work just great, one is a problem child and only had it about 5 months. During this time it has kikked (3) lipo packs and it is the same on all three packs.... Cell Number 3 is dead.. 0.00V

I have downloaded the Evolv and Escribe software, I have reset the unit, updated, hell had it try the recovery charge, see picture below... Cell 3 is at 0.00V

Have written and messaged VapeCige through Facebook, Messenger, and through their site. Honestly hate to think it is bricked. Anyone have any direction? Thoughts, Suggestions...

I have just put in order for couple more battery packs, I will not install until I believe it is fixed...

I will be the first to say I am not super tech savy as to the software, but I know there is an issue.......

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

Device Monitor 03-09-2018.jpg

2018-03-09 16_32_23-EScribe - Evolv DNA 250.png

@John Vezirian If this mod has killed previous lipos, the problem is most likely after the lipo pack. This problem could be from - poor balance tap soldering, a broken balance tap wire, a smaller than a grain of rice resistor that has been knocked off the PCB, ejuice on or near the analog front end.......etc. etc. As it is almost impossible to diagnose a possible board issue through forum chat, i would suggest opening a help ticket with Evolv. The link is my signature at the bottom of this post.  Evolv encourages people with board issues to contact them if the vendor or manufacturer fails to respond. I definitely would not waste any more lipos on this mod, for sure, until the primary issue is fixed. Sorry i don't have a "fix cell 3" setting for you to use in EScribe. This mod is going to be required to go in for warranty service, which lasts one year from the date of purchase.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. Yes I figured that this would have to go in and I have no issues doing that, I just need to know who to send. I have created a ticket for assistance. I am hoping I can send it to be looked at. Definitely no juice has ever gotten inside. I have babied these (3) mods, I have a Red, Black and White, wanted the set... LOL My Black and White are going strong. I am sure it is still under warantee, but hell even if not, I will pay to have it fixed.

• Like 1

I sent mine in for warranty before I started bitching on this thread. The truth is DNA fixes it then awesome but if not- I'll show you then by being really pissed off and not buying anymore of their products. I want the alien and I'm using now before the DNA mod.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm glad too see I'm not the only one having the exact same problem. It's good to hear good return experiences too. Im just excitable. I miss my vtbox200 . I started looking for a backup mod and I was immediately drawn to the new DNA c series,  it's true what they say it's nice you get on a forum and blow off steam. 

Just to add my 2 cents, Evolv is a great place for support when manufacturers don't really offer any assistance. Nick was kind enough to send me a replacement board back in the day for my Lavabox when it quit after a few weeks of use. As for the VapeCige VTBox250, the only issue I encountered so far was the display cable getting caught behind the fire button and going wonky (happened to most DNA mods I owned beside the VaporShark which has a long display cable as it is at the bottom of the device). Anyways, I ordered a new screen but I also opened it up and did my best to slide the current display cable out of the way of the fire button and everything works well so far (knock on wood). As for the cell issue, it is a bummer, but if it happens to more than one LiPo pack send it in and have Evolv take a look at it. Cheers!

Edited by dclanz
grammatical error

Sorry to hear you're having that issue, I know what it's like to not have a DNA device around for awhile (heh, bought a Smok G150 during my down time and sadly was not happy). However, I wonder if what ChunkyButt200 mentioned could be the cause? Hopefully that's the last lipo pack you will need once it returns from Evolv. :) 

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2018 at 11:20 PM, dclanz said:

The VaporShark which has a long display cable as it is at the bottom of the device)

Its been a while, if you no longer need that long cable to the screen know of a good home for it, accidently fractured mine, evolve says its with vaposrshark and vaporshark just ignore a long time customer who spent tons of money with them.

That Vapecig box like the manufacturer is one cheap as chips box. The Evolve board on the other hand is superb. The supplied Lipo probably a knocked off copy. You people dont realise that most chinese companies were cloners. It wasnt until Evolve sold boards to these cloners that then allowed these skanky chinese vendors to be become legit. Grow some brain matter and buy a decent Lipo. You own a modders board in a skanky cheap arsed box. You people seem to have trust in chinese vendors. Their boards might be superior (Evolve) but the surrounding product obviously is not. How many top chinese vendors have access to a forum/software that auto updates your device. Yihi the top chinese vendor has a dire update device system in place, and they are among the best coming from china. I have owned DNA30, multiple DNA40's from small screen to big screen RDNA40, RDNA 60, RDNA75, DNA200, DNA167/250 DNA250C. My VShark DNA200 has gone thru 3 lipos, lately I fractured the screen extention cable. Becasue I have access to Escribe am still able to to set my mod to my required watts, lock the screen and use the device screenless. You can buy used several year old Lost Vape devices that still hold their value due to having Evolve boards that work and work and work. When your year old chinese mod is hitting like piss an Evolve board will still continue to hit like a train year in year out! Dont slag Evolve for giving us some of the best vaping tech in the world, slag the crap that surrounds their superb boards.

Edited by Buellbloke