Linux EScribe Suite Beta Thread

Hello immelman,

So for installations I have done in a VM, in Manjaro Escribe gets installed to /home/user/.local/opt/evolv/escribe-suite - you "should" be able to run launch-escribe-suite.

If you are asking about running SetupEScribe2_2020-06-22_US_test.run chmod the file to your user and execute it:

./SetupEScribe2_2020-06-22_US_test.run 

On 9/29/2022 at 7:08 AM, immelman said:

Any hints on how to launch the application on archlinux? I tried both the AUR package and many different SPs.

Thanks

Make sure you read the 1st post regardless the "requirement" (package need to be installed = Mono, ca-certificates, gtk2 & gtk-sharp-2) before install this package...

You can run/launch this suite via "Start/Application Menu --> All Applications --> EScribe Suite or alt + F2 and type escribe

Ps: I'm running this Application suite on Manjaro Arch (KDE) without any issue...

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:52 AM, immelman said:

Nello AmadVaper. According to everybody is just suppose to launch after installato but this is not happening. When I have time I will reinstall arch (5 Years now. XD)

It doesn't automatically launch after install. It should put itself into your launcher menu's "Other" category.

Since @immelman at least *was* using the AUR package at some point, in addition to that, it also installs as /usr/bin/escribe-suite if you want to launch from console, but both ways work, Launcher in the Application menu as well as launching through commandline.

Edited by Khorne

17 hours ago, James said:

I've posted up EScribe Suite SP47 for Linux. Most of its changes are for the DNA Cricket, but there are some other minor improvements as well.

Hi James...

Thank you for the update...apparently the latest beta broke "device monitor" on my DNA60 but work just fine with my DNA250C...The previous version SP45 worked on both device tho...btw I'm on Linux Manjaro Arch KDE

Anyway...any chance you can do something bout this...firmware/software ?

• 2 weeks later...

regarding installing themes;

i saw this on the first post:

"EScribe Suite does not register file associations yet, so you can't install themes directly by double clicking a theme file. "

and indeed when i browse to the folder where the downloaded theme is(through Escribe/"Load theme"),nothing appears,it's blank/the xml file is not recognized.

so is there another way to install a theme,or is it only able to create your own one in Escribe?

Edited by pocixi5431

2 hours ago, pocixi5431 said:

regarding installing themes;

i saw this on the first post:

"EScribe Suite does not register file associations yet, so you can't install themes directly by double clicking a theme file. "

and indeed when i browse to the folder where the downloaded theme is(through Escribe/"Load theme"),nothing appears,it's blank/the xml file is not recognized.

so is there another way to install a theme,or is it only able to create your own one in Escribe?

In order to Escribe to recognize a theme (either by opening with "Escribe -> Theme -> Load Theme..." or with the Theme Designer) the xml file (ECigTheme.xml) should be zip compressed and with the .ecigtheme extensión:

Evovlv1.png

Evolv2.png

Evolv3.png

Edited by Magigamix
Deleted spaces.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Checking in to see if anyone has installed on Linux Mint LMDE 5 yet? I haven't even test driven it yet. 

My old desk top is now my entertainment center server temporarily and Evolv Escribe might be a nice option.

Sep. 2008 built HP Pavilion Dual Core Pentium E2200 boasting a whole 3GB DDR2 RAM, same old 500GB HHD. Yes, if it were butterfly inter-netting they'd all get away!     

18 hours ago, Podunk Steam said:

Checking in to see if anyone has installed on Linux Mint LMDE 5 yet? I haven't even test driven it yet. 

My old desk top is now my entertainment center server temporarily and Evolv Escribe might be a nice option.

Sep. 2008 built HP Pavilion Dual Core Pentium E2200 boasting a whole 3GB DDR2 RAM, same old 500GB HHD. Yes, if it were butterfly inter-netting they'd all get away!     

No, I've not tested the suite in Linux Mint 🙁, I use Ubuntu 22.04 and it works fine, it should work in Mint without problems as it is a derivative distro of Ubuntu.

10 minutes ago, Magigamix said:

No, I've not tested the suite in Linux Mint 🙁, I use Ubuntu 22.04 and it works fine, it should work in Mint without problems as it is a derivative distro of Ubuntu.

Thank you for the reply!

LMDE 5 is different as it's Linux Mint "Debian Edition" where most or all Linux Mint distros are Ubuntu based.

I've been using Escribe on Linux Mint Ubuntu versions for quite a while. Ubuntu is getting a bit bloated for older slower system and Debian is generally very stable and fairly light weight is my reason for the interest. 

I have read of the new Debian installer thanks to @James again which I may have to make a run at once my RAM and SSD arrive. Yep me buying DDR2 in 2023, go figure! LOL! 

• Like 1