James

Linux EScribe Suite Beta Thread

14 hours ago, icho40 said:

Seems i was not patiently enough.  ;)

Now the installer worked despite the error-message.

I can start it.

I connected my Wismec Releaux after updating the udev-rules and reloading them.

Still get the message "Kein kompatibles DNA Gerät verbunden."

means "No compatible DNA device connected"

Check your USB cable. I've run into this a few times myself, and it's always related to a faulty cable that charges fine, but doesn't transmit data properly. If you are sure your Releaux has the DNA 200 board that would be the first thing I'd check.

• Like 1

Just a tip for those not familiar with installing.

I'm on a semi fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04
Download Escribe 18
Open Terminal & cd to your download Location
type chmod +x filename.run (filename being the name of the escribe file) Press enter
type ./filename.run  press enter
It will check for the packages needed and if not there will ask if you wish to install Press Y and then Enter.
it will install packages needed automatically (at least on my ubuntu Desktop install)
The command it uses is (apt-get install mono-complete gtk-sharp2)
afterwards if the installer doesn't pop up just arrow up and press enter again. IE ./filename.run

Hopefully this Helps others.  As I'm no linux pro but I do know how to look up things to do what I need.

I just installed this on Zorin OS 12 without any problems once I read on how to install it.  So grateful to have this. I wanted to thank everyone who worked on making EScribe for Linux available for us.

I've posted up SP19. This fixes a few small bugs in EScribe. It also includes early firmware for DNA 250 Color and DNA Go.

Thanks for the update @James, just tried it out.

Curiously, this update and SP18 is very unresponsive - I've had to revert to SP17, and that works flawlessly. Did anything change recently that might help me debug?

Unresponsive in what way? Just slow? Hmm. I've switched to a new code obfuscator and a newer compiler.

33 minutes ago, bluegray said:

Thanks for the update @James, just tried it out.

Curiously, this update and SP18 is very unresponsive - I've had to revert to SP17, and that works flawlessly. Did anything change recently that might help me debug?

Same issue for me on Manjaro Linix (an Arch derivative). Last update (sp18) takes forever to load and is generally unresponsive. I reverted to sp17 with much better results. I personally don't have time to debug. Hopefully, this update resolved the issue.

Edited by Odysseus

2 minutes ago, James said:

Unresponsive in what way? Just slow? Hmm. I've switched to a new code obfuscator and a newer compiler.

Yeah, sp18 is extremely slow to launch, load and respond to input. Using the older version works flawlessly in my system.

12 minutes ago, James said:

Yeah, it takes much longer to start up, and it's as if any click actions take a few seconds to complete. 

Would it be possible to try the new SP with the old compiler please?

Can confirm 18 takes about 2 minutes to load on ubuntu. 

17 was fine. Never really tried 18 as it have been doing other things. Ie ircd web and other server related things.

Took about 30s to open about describe with no info on version. So I believe its 18 lol

My theme could have changed text as I hate white backgrounds. Due to it burns my eyes.

Just installed 19 and taking minutes to open also.

So something changed. Possibly the compiler and gathering everything.

Edited by D_N_D
Added update

I've updated the download. SP19 should no longer be extremely slow. Let me know how it works for yall :)

Arch user reporting in. This WORKS! Awesome! The only bug I find is that if I open device monitor first, then ecigstat won't find my device. Or is this expected behavior?

screenshot.jpg