Currently own the triade 250 and i run it at 160w on a goon 1.5 rda. i get check battery message at about 28% what can i do to fix this? will running battery analyzer help? if so can i just do a few big loops of wire to run a 160w test? or do i need to buy specific gear? im a complete noob when it comes to the dna chip

The problem is that your Triad uses different sets of batteries, unless you leave in one set and charge with the onboard charger.  Running battery analyzer might not be as productive as you might expect give that every set of batteries can, and probably does, have different capacities even within the same brand and model.  I would venture that simply calculating the watt hours and entering that figure would work just as well.  Normally, when running the analyzer, it is run n the 40 to 60 watt range and a few loops of wire, in the open air, will work.  Another thing to look at is the soft cell cutoff setting.

You could try lowering the cutoff to 2.7, or even lower, given the power level you're using.  Personally, I'd probably want to use a LiPO pack with a two or three thousand milliamp rating and a discharge rating in the 50-100 range.  It would probably last longer under that kind of loading.

To figure amp draw from "c" rating take mah × c ÷ 1000 = amps. I don't have a triad, so I'm not familiar with the available space, but using a lipo in that mod would require removing the battery sled, and doing some soldering of connections on the board. Mostly I was clarifying the post above mine. Also, personally I'd stay away from MaxAmps batteries based on personally experience mixed with Mooch's tests of their batteries. They EXTREMELY overrate their cells

Edited by 67exec

LiPO packs are specifically designed to handle higher current draw.  Replacing your three cell, 18650, in that specific mod would be a challenge.  Finding a mod that would accept one, or is built to take one from the start, would probably be a better way to go if you want to try that.  Like exec said, stick to "normal", recognized, brands of batteries.  They have a much better chance of actually meeting their advertised capabilities.

Well, I've recently made a DIY mod all from raw materials but the chip set, and the battery set I am currently using is a 4900mah 11.1V Li-po (54Wh) set. The maximum current output turns out to be 100 amps without overheating, as the short test has shown. However my very first try was 3 18650, as same as your mod, witch turns out to be having the same issue.

SO modify your mod and replace that 18650s with Li-po. 'Cause tuning the cut-off voltage down to 2.7v is actually killing your power supply.

Not a native speaker, sorry about the terrible english :(

27 minutes ago, Akira Samidare said:

SO modify your mod and replace that 18650s with Li-po.

Highly unrealistic for this mod.

28 minutes ago, Akira Samidare said:

Cause tuning the cut-off voltage down to 2.7v is actually killing your power supply.

2.7V is perfectly fine for round cells. That's the soft cell cutoff.

• Like 1

在 Saturday, July 15, 2017 在 PM11点37分, Wayneo说:

Highly unrealistic for this mod.

2.7V is perfectly fine for round cells. That's the soft cell cutoff.

Well I totally agree.... What kinda tiny cells can be fitted inside that poor space...

But I am always working with lipo so sorry about the lack of exp with li-ion and ur words were really out of my knowledge. Is Li-ion really that tough? No offense, just pure curiosity:)

I'm no battery expert, but to my knowledge LiPO packs are designed with higher discharge capabilities and, I imagine, lower internal resistance.  That results in less "sag" under heavy loads.  I went nuts with a DNA75 using a stock battery sled.  I ended up rebuilding a stock sled with a beryllium spring, braid through the spring and heavy brass contacts on both ends.  That eliminated a lot of sag that I was seeing with the stock sled which had the usual thing spring brass contacts.  Sag, under load, will cause that low battery warning and, again, take a look in Escribe as you are vaping.  I think you'll be surprised at the amount of sag that occurs.

• Like 1