Therion 75c battery issues..

Happypants

Hi all, is anyone else here experiencing poor battery life? 

Ive tried 2 pairs of new Samsung 25R and 2 sets of LG HG2 now and both batteries are giving really poor performance! To the point they are needing to be charged at least once during the day of average use @ 50w with a 0.12ohm coil build. My old minikin v2 by comparison would last over a day with the same battery config. The FW of the therion is up to date and im just wondering if its normal as this is my 1st DNA device so not sure what to expect. 

TIA to anyone who can help! 

I am also having this exact issue.

This mod is gobbling up batteries like it's at an all you can eat buffet.  I even installed the new battery curve and mod resistance package that is posted in the forums by a member whom I can't recall the name of just now. Nothing different.  It will start out reading 99 or 98 but by the time you take 10 hits it is down to 89. It seems to ride in the 80-70 range for a decent amount of time but there's no way this mod should be draining battery this fast. My regular 75 therion will sit in the 90 range forever before dropping accordingly. Something wrong here for sure. 

I vape fused ni80, usually .3-.4 at only 40w btw.

Edited by Jvape78

Glad its not just me then!! Hopefully a bug in the firmware somewhere and not the hardware itself. I dont know if this is normal but it also works with only 1 cell installed.. Should this be the case? 

I prefer my builds around 0.12 which I know will hit the batterys harder but im usually a mech user and wanted a decent reg to carry around and with the amount you can customise the DNA I was sold! 

Ive also contacted Lostvape directly and am awaiting a reply, ill post back with their response :) 

Hang in there buddy, Im sure we can get this fixed!

***** Edit: Since posting this ive also noticed the cells are only charging to 98% in the mod and capping out at 4.16 instead of the usual 4.20 that my mains charger will do *****

Edited by Happypants

Yes since it's a parallel battery config, it will run on only 1 cell. That is normal. The rate of battery consumption is the only issue I have with the mod.  I charge externally and with both cells coming off the charger at 4.17-4.18 , my mod reads that at 98%.  

Brilliant! Ill give this a go in the morning when I get into work with some fresh batterys 👍

Its also worth noting that a friend of mine has just bought one and as of yet hasn't connected to a computer so wouldn't have applied the update. His battery life is excellent! Is there a way of getting an image of that mod and checking the settings against my own? 

Hope there is a proper fix soon! 

They are. But there's a lot of very experienced guys that browse the forums trying to help people and uncover unknown issues. They'll usually help first and if it happens to be above their level it'll get the attention of Brandon or another evolv programmer. 

I'm hoping that the battery drain issue is more of a Csv file problem than software. I'm gonna put in a fresh set of batteries shortly and run them tonight . I'll know for sure after that.  I was looking at the standard CSV and it seemed very conservative so hopefully I'm right.

As for your battery charging issue my knowledge is very limited because I have always been an external charger unless I get caught on the road without.  I do know that the cycle for the internal charger can take a while for the light to turn green and show a true 100.  I'm not sure how familiar you are with batteries but they don't always hold 4.2v after charge. Most of mine will charge to 4.2 then sit at 4.19 or 4.18. so it could be the case where those cells just don't quite reach true 4.2 and the CSV file will read that at 99% . The charging symbol and light should disappear along with the USB voltage draw as long as they are set to do so.  I have no idea what charge status settings are for this mod. 

A good way to find out what's going on is to plug into escribe and go to device monitor panel then watch and record the final moments of a charge cycle. You can post that recording on the forums and the guys can diagnose the situation much better with that info.

Again thanks for the info. 

Im assuming its as you said above and the therion is more accurate than my efest charger. The light def goes green at 98% and the mod sits at 4.18. Im not really bothered about that and just want a decent lifespan. Ill be in work within the hour so will be checking the .csv file out. 

Thanks again.. lets see where this goes 👍

Also need to keep in mind that the 75C has a lot more on board memory than the 75, plus the screen is displaying a lot more info than the 75... not only are all the controls in your theme  being displayed, but a back light as well...I have found a slightly better battery performance by putting the mod into 'Stealth' mode so that the screen isn't activated at every fire...you can still activate the screen with the up, down or select buttons....

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have never heard of those batteries. No idea what's under the wrapper, but the specs I see are 'suspect'. Google Battery Mooch. For your 3 points, I'd just leave them at the Evolv default. For point 1, the keyword is 'soft' <- upon firing and under load. Usually/commonly set anywhere from 2.75-3.0V