Reading ohms too low

1 hour ago, James said:

OK. Well that rules out X=READ DEBUG being the problem. Out of curiosity, what power level is it dropping to there? (To get to the recording, go to Device Monitor -> History -> Download All Recordings). It looks like a current offset issue, to be honest.

@James I don't know enough to follow your reasoning, but here's the screenshot of the puff#1774 once I downloaded it in Escribe. I've put a pair of peak/valley cursor for you to see the TEMP/POWER levels

puff_1774.thumb.jpeg.57dc02a7503360ce2ad8a3ee2bc8ff99.jpeg

On 6/17/2017 at 1:59 AM, James said:

Howdy @ndb. Give this firmware a try. I think the issue is current offset when it's down at 0.5W.

In Serial Terminal, X=GET COB gets the current offset. It is 0.025 by default on DNA 75 Color. On a DNA 75, it is 0.0625. Try X=0.0625 COB and see if it fixes the oscillation. I suspect it will.

Thanks!

DNA 75 Color v1_1_SP22_Beta2p2.sw-service

Hi @James, sorry for the late reply but I've been again on the move and couldn't access Escribe until today.

Whatever this setting is doing, it works!

I just got a bit confused initially because it seemed like it worked just "for a while", then I realized that after a while (maybe when the device locks/unlocks or when I reconnect to Escribe?), the setting reverts to 0.025, as confirmed by X=GET COB. I couldn't really nail down exactly when/why, but I then started to always setting it back to 0.0625 before testing and then I got repeatable results.

For comparison, here are two consecutive puffs, the first with 0.025 and the second one with 0.0625:

COB=0.025

pulsing.thumb.png.94621f0ddfcb82f6c9ed8f1a7cbee85f.png

COB=0.0625

nonpulsing.thumb.png.a1af918ce765625283aba317a6c14dc8.png

I hope this is what you expected and gives you all you need to maybe prepare another service pack which makes this a permanent setting?

Eagerly waiting for your feedback,

thanks again.

23 minutes ago, James said:

Yes, the debug setting doesn't retain after power-off. It looks like the steady state power is different slightly. Am I seeing that correctly? Also, could you try an in-between value such as 0.04?

@James, yes you're right. I didn't notice it but the steady state power for COB=0.025 is about 10W, while for COB=0.0625 is about 15W.

Both puffs were taken with power set to 16W, TEMP=400F, pre-heat 32W 395F.

I tried with COB=0.04 and I got this

COB=0.04

cob_004.thumb.png.8c10485ead57d45fa07397f789cf68ea.png

The "first" steady power is ~15W (as you can see from the cursor), while the "second" one is again down to ~10W.

Tried also with COB=0.05, got a first puff still pulsy, then the following ones were pretty much like COB=0.0625 (with steady power ~15W), but it felt like it was less repeatable and on the verge of pulsiness...

As a side note: while on COB=0.0625, for a couple of time I got immediate "temp protection" when trying to fire. Then at the 3rd or 4th attempt it started firing again.

With the SP22 Beta2p2 is much better but still have some problems. Expecially if I leave the Device in stand by for long time. About the Room T something is wrong! Sometimes (expecially when connected to EScribe) is corresponding. But on other moment, like now, with the device not used during last 10 minutes(and the device is not warm at all) it's reading a 35 Celsius against a 25 real room temp! Tryed a couple of time the Case analyzer but not changing a lot! Any news or next firmware releases coming?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John B said:

We'll have a new firmware in a few days,

That's great news. I'm looking at this thread several times a day since my last post on June 20th, hoping to see something new popping up.

Sadly I've had to shelve both my therion and vapedroid 75C at the moment since Temperature Controls is simply not there. Tried 3 different atomizers (Kayfun 5, Kayfun 3 mini, Squape X) with 3 different SS builds and none of them performs on the 75C in an even remotely comparable way to the 200 (evolv reference, vaporshark) and/or the straight 75 (smy 75, hcigar nano).

It's either a weak vape at my usual settings (~18W, ~400F) or it is badly pulsing (unless I first program that X=0.0625 COB parameter, but that is lost after some idle time).

I do really hope a new FW will make the 75C the board it is expected to be, and that I love for all its features.

2 hours ago, John B said:

finishing up the Mac version right now.

Well, that would be more than awesome! I'm counting the days I can get rid of this "for-escribe-only" windows VM

And now I'm going to wear-out my "refresh page" shortcut.

Let the wait begin...

• Like 1

@James, I have noticed that my 75c seems way more accurate on ohms and temp with heavier wire. My OBS engine has been my go to tank as of late, and I notice way less variations running dual 26g 316l at .32 than dual 28g 316l at .5, and even less when running dual 24g 316l at .3. I also get temps more consistent with my 2 dna 250s.

25 minutes ago, 67exec said:

@James, I have noticed that my 75c seems way more accurate on ohms and temp with heavier wire. My OBS engine has been my go to tank as of late, and I notice way less variations running dual 26g 316l at .32 than dual 28g 316l at .5, and even less when running dual 24g 316l at .3. I also get temps more consistent with my 2 dna 250s.

On my side, I instead did a test with a higher TCR material, TEMCO Titanium 1, but with the same 26g as the SS316L I was using before, and in the same K5 atomizer.

More specifically, the coil is a 3mm ID, 8 wraps, 26AWG Titatanium1, which steam-engine predicts @0.368 and that dna200 and dna75 report respectively 0.372, 0.374.

Therion 75C reads as 0.356, Vapedroid X1C2 reads as 0.349. (both mods with internal resistance configured, and case analyzed: vapedroid by manifacturer, therion by me)

I unfortunately can't remember the reported room temperature of such readings, but it always seemed somewhat higher than expected.

Of course if I vape straight off those baselines I get a weaker vape, and if I manually correct the cold res value, than it's pulsiness galore...

Also, I didn't investigate too much as I was already getting nic-buzzed, but it seems like with titanium, setting the 0.0625 COB doesn't have such a dramatic positive effect and pulsiness seems to just reduce a bit, but not disappear. But, again, take this with a grain of salt as I couldn't keep testing it for too long. I'll see if I have some more time later and test further, possibly reporting some screenshots...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shinn said:

Is the new firmware available yet?  I've checked a number of times, I'm currently running the beta version and wonder if escribe isn't prompting me because of this?

Or is it just not ready yet?

Thanks

Nope.

No new version that I'm aware of as of today

I also have a Therion 75C and tbh I am really disappointed that  I am coming here onto Evolves forum to look for answers instead of Lost Vapes . I have sent them an email to their support asking about the case thermals and their recommended settings so maybe they will get back to me . In the meantime I will be keeping a close watch on this forum to see, and pretend I understand, what transpires . For some, particularly me, the Therion is the pinnacle of vaping mods and it's only thanks to the miracle that is Fathers Day that I could afford it so it's disappointing not to have it working right out of the box . Same thing happened with my C1D2 but atleast VapeDroid had the settings posted to their Facebook page . TBH I'm only posting this extra bit for others like me that might not understand all the technical stuff and want something to read :D .

2 hours ago, Jonski said:

it's disappointing not to have it working right out of the box

You're unfortunately in good company, you can at least count me in... As I said, I've practically shelved both 75C mods as TC is not at the expected-from-a-DNA top level. I now use them only to test/experiment and try help with the next firmware iteration providing as much feedback and information as possible.

I do really have high hopes for the next iteration of the firmware, as I'm sure everybody at Evolv is doing everything to nail it down.

• Like 1

Am ‎02‎.‎07‎.‎2017 um 14:09 schrieb Jonski:

I also have a Therion 75C and tbh I am really disappointed that  I am coming here onto Evolves forum to look for answers instead of Lost Vapes . I have sent them an email to their support asking about the case thermals and their recommended settings so maybe they will get back to me .

Thermal settings won't resolve the "reading cold ohms too low" issue...so this is out of Lost Vape's Hands.

Edited by embe71

1 hour ago, embe71 said:

Any news on this? SP22 which comes with the Mac OS Beta of Escribe doesn't seem to fix it. Cold ohms are still a good amount to low when reading the resistance the first time.

As I've reported in the mac-beta thread, it seems like SP22 does actually implement that X=0.0625 (actually X=0.063) COB setting that alleviates the pulsing problem (see my post above, June 19th).

This is a step ahead but I can confirm I still feel TC is not completely there.

Ohm reading is still on the low side and the interaction with weird room temperature reading / weird thermals is overall making TC sub-par in my opinion.

NOTE: for weird room temperature reading I mean that sometimes is really spot on and sometimes not.  

10 minutes ago, Lowbytes said:

@wintergreen

cmon - your chipset is no china crap - all things will be sorted out and fixed - pretty sure 

we´re still on beta software so no expensive paperweight......

They need a bit more time!

Sorry but when I bought my Mod I expected to use it, Not have it sitting on a shelf for 6 weeks because it cant do the job it was bought to do.

Call me old fashioned but I still believe Beta firmware and beta testing should be carried out before the product goes on sale. When did it become the customers job to beta test products they have bought?

100% Ack in doing beta tests before going on sale

BUT - since we have this shitty TPD2 and the FDA regulations maybe there was no time left ...............

We are all dreaming of perfect products - but in reality no products are perfect 

The differences ---- if you buy a low cost product you may buy it "as it is" maybe you´ll never have support and updates

Here we have a good conversation - evolve is listening and trying to sort things out as fast as possible - for me the best service 

Yes - it´s a bit tricky actually - but it is working good - a bit low ohm reading so TC is not 100% accurate - but far better than nearly all other

Chipsets! So for me no problem to stay tuned and looking forward for things to come!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 1:06 PM, John B said:

When I hand-tuned thermal parameters, I got 20 degrees F per amp and a 12 degree offset. Try those values and see what you get. 

We'll have a new firmware in a few days, finishing up the Mac version right now. 

I'm running the beta version and am wondering yet again whether or not its stopping escribe from prompting me about a firmware update.

Or is there still no update?

Thanks