Reading ohms too low

22 minutes ago, jakeT said:

I was wondering this also. Does the internal resistance vary between mods of the same model?

Well, it may very well do.

The internal resistance accounts for everything in the current path between the battery/board and the 510. It just takes sub-optimal soldering, a slightly thinner wire or some oxidization on a ground connection and your internal resistance will "know" it...

Now for a mass-produced mod this big of a variation shouldn't happen, but I can confirm you that after setting mod resistance to 0 in Escribe and running atomizer analyzer with a copper plug screwed in, I get a pretty stable ~0.004 reading.

I suggest you check it for yourself to be sure you don't have an "unlucky" one in your hands. If you don't have a copper plug, a dripper with solid 510 connection and a beefy copper wire dead-shorting the posts should do the job just fine

Edited by ndb
  • Like 1

Latest changes on the SP25 giving slightly higher cold ohm readings! So not only scaling changed (like described in the history) - for my opinion a step forward! Noticed that using manually ohm settings also changed!

Before the latest changes i was able to set ohms directly on the main screen - now pressing select button in the ohm tab changes screen to atomizer settings where i´m able to set the numbers after pressing select  

vor 4 Minuten schrieb James:

@Lowbytes: That should be an effect of the theme. If not, it is a bug.

This behavior of the theme is new - on Wednesday (using SP24) i´ve change my resistance setup from the main screen - today with the latest sp25 changes it works different - so no changing from my side on the theme - just flashed the latest SP25

But hey - no problem - it´s different - that´s all - just wanted to report it ;-) 

vor einer Stunde schrieb James:

Hmm. This theme is going to that screen on both SP24 and SP25 for me.

Indeed - flashed back to SP24 with the same effect - so - i dont know why - i´m more than 100% sure it was different before flashing the SP25

So no bug - it´s a feature!